Do You Think The Russification Of Pattaya Is A Good Thing Or Not?

Jingthing

русификация rusifikátsiya  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started the thread with the intention of starting a CIVIL discussion about a demographic phenom that anyone with eyes in Pattaya and especially Jomtien can plainly see. There are REAL consequences to it and I still think it's a very legitimate areas of discussion for the Pattaya forum.

no it's not JT and i told you that months ago. it's a thinly disguised poll with an (your) agenda, meant to invite racist remarks (as this thread proves) from "holier than thou" poor boys who have no pots to piss in but try hard to compensate their frustration and inferiority complexes by hitting on a certain group.

there is no "phenomena", nothing is out of the normal! Russians come to Pattaya and spend their holidays or buy immobile property. any consequences are nobody's bloody business. neither your, nor mine or anybody else's.

and as far as "legitimate" is concerned i claim that this "poll" is clearly a violation of TV forum rules, it should be closed, made unaccessible and you should get a stern warning!

Sounds pretty reactionary to me. As expatriates we have the right to discuss any change to our environment including changing demographics.

Personally I would rather have the russians here than the xenophobic. Koreans.

Zdractvuyte Antaray and have a good time here.

• Like 1

It has not been good for the Thai food at this outdoor restaurant on soi 22 Naklua . Now it cators to Russians, I ordered spicy tom yom kung soup.

What used to a thick spicy seafood soup. Has become a watery tastless clear broth with carrots and cauliflower and one large shrimp. For 170 baht.

Russians spoiled your soup, hahaha. Thanks to Russians you, Europeans are unspoiled by Hitler, and you, Americans, came out of economic depression, sellin' weapon during WW2. So, you are speaking of SOUP??? what are your values after it?! And you are telling me, some ladies take food from the restaurant to the beach?

Your post about spoiled soup by Russians made all my friends in FB laugh!

Yeah I agree overpriced Russified "Thai" soup is very trivial compared to what Russia is doing in Syria these days. But this thread was intended to be more on the SOUP level! I started the thread with the intention of starting a CIVIL discussion about a demographic phenom that anyone with eyes in Pattaya and especially Jomtien can plainly see. There are REAL consequences to it and I still think it's a very legitimate areas of discussion for the Pattaya forum.

(P.S.: I bet you my babushkas made better borscht than your babushkas.)

post-37101-0-88420200-1340958723_thumb.p

What on earth has Syria got to do with this thread?

It has not been good for the Thai food at this outdoor restaurant on soi 22 Naklua . Now it cators to Russians, I ordered spicy tom yom kung soup.

What used to a thick spicy seafood soup. Has become a watery tastless clear broth with carrots and cauliflower and one large shrimp. For 170 baht.

Russians spoiled your soup, hahaha. Thanks to Russians you, Europeans are unspoiled by Hitler, and you, Americans, came out of economic depression, sellin' weapon during WW2. So, you are speaking of SOUP??? what are your values after it?! And you are telling me, some ladies take food from the restaurant to the beach?

Your post about spoiled soup by Russians made all my friends in FB laugh!

Yeah I agree overpriced Russified "Thai" soup is very trivial compared to what Russia is doing in Syria these days. But this thread was intended to be more on the SOUP level! I started the thread with the intention of starting a CIVIL discussion about a demographic phenom that anyone with eyes in Pattaya and especially Jomtien can plainly see. There are REAL consequences to it and I still think it's a very legitimate areas of discussion for the Pattaya forum.

(P.S.: I bet you my babushkas made better borscht than your babushkas.)

post-37101-0-88420200-1340958723_thumb.p

What on earth has Syria got to do with this thread?

Nothing. But our Russian friend from Bangkok tried to introduce issues like Nazis and arms sales and steer this into a political cold war kind of discussion with her obviously promoting Russia's positions. In modern times, Russia's actions in Syria (Iran, Georgia, etc.) are criticized by much of the world. If I had intended this to be a new cold war kind of thread, I would have indicated that in my OP. If you read my OP, it is clear I had NO such intention.

The thread IS about the impact on aspects of life in the Pattaya area from the boom of Russian speaking nationals visiting and living here.

So yes, more soup, less cold war, please.

Edited by Jingthing

and as far as "legitimate" is concerned i claim that this "poll" is clearly a violation of TV forum rules, it should be closed, made unaccessible and you should get a stern warning!

Use the report button then.

i have never used it and i am not planning to use it. the report button is for little boys "mummy, mummy look what...!" who don't have the guts to speak out in public what they think.

i wonder how TV-members would react if somebody opens a thread "do you think the Anglisation, Gayisation, Americanisation, Teutonisation, Ozisation, Kiwisation, Buddhisation, Barfinenisation of Pattaya is a good thing or not?"

• Like 1

i have never used it and i am not planning to use it. the report button is for little boys "mummy, mummy look what...!" who don't have the guts to speak out in public what they think.

i wonder how TV-members would react if somebody opens a thread "do you think the Anglisation, Gayisation, Americanisation, Teutonisation, Ozisation, Kiwisation, Buddhisation, Barfinenisation of Pattaya is a good thing or not?"

It depends really. Do you live in Pattaya? Anyone who lives here knows that Russification is a real thing here. If you're asking me, I would say YES it would of course be fine if you were talking about a REAL phenom. The Russification thing is real, so in my view, perfectly fine to talk about.

Interestingly, you bring up the gay thing. That happens to be directly related to the Russification phenom. There was even a recent item in the local press about this, though I don't have the link. The issue about what has happened at Dongtan Beach, Jomtien. As many know, the area USED to be heavily a gay beach, one of the top gay beaches on the planet. Now the gay section has become very tiny. It is now without a doubt more of a Russian beach than a gay beach. Considering that modern Russia is one of the most homophobic cultures on the planet, if that isn't news worthy of discussion, I don't know what would be!

BTW, I am curious if the Russian lady who wants to make this about the cold war, old or new, has even BEEN to Pattaya. Ever. Because I somehow doubt it as nothing in her comments was about Pattaya. Here in the Pattaya forum.

Edited by Jingthing

It depends really. Do you live in Pattaya? Anyone who lives here knows that Russification is a real thing here. If you're asking me, I would say YES it would of course be fine if you were talking about a REAL phenom. The Russification thing is real, so in my view, perfectly fine to talk about.

Interestingly, you bring up the gay thing. That happens to be directly related to the Russification phenom. There was even a recent item in the local press about this, though I don't have the link. The issue about what has happened at Dongtan Beach, Jomtien. As many know, the area USED to be heavily a gay beach, one of the top gay beaches on the planet. Now the gay section has become very tiny. It is now without a doubt more of a Russian beach than a gay beach. Considering that modern Russia is one of the most homophobic cultures on the planet, if that isn't news worthy of discussion, I don't know what would be!

BTW, I am curious if the Russian lady who wants to make this about the cold war, old or new, has even BEEN to Pattaya. Ever. Because I somehow doubt it as nothing in her comments was about Pattaya. Here in the Pattaya forum.

What difference could it make whether ot not she has been to Pattaya?

This thread has been packed with anti-Russian xenophobia since the moment it started, and I don't find it surprising at all that a Russian national finally had enough and pushed back a bit.

Good for her...

• Like 2

This thread has been packed with anti-Russian xenophobia since the moment it started, and I don't find it surprising at all that a Russian national finally had enough and pushed back a bit.

Good for her...

The difference is explained in the OP. The topic is about how a quick, large growth in the Russian demographic in the PATTAYA area is perceived by people ... IN Pattaya.

Pushing back. Fine and encouraged. But in the context of the topic please. Life in the Pattaya area. Not about the cold war or Russia's role in WW2. Get the difference?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Russia is loaded with beautiful women.

right!

And very hot men too!thumbsup.gif

The Russian "invasion" has certainly helped Pattaya in the eye candy department. Rice is nice, but not everyday!

Edited by Jingthing

Good for her...

The difference is explained in the OP. The topic is about how a quick, large growth in the Russian demographic in the PATTAYA area is perceived by people ... IN Pattaya.

Pushing back. Fine and encouraged. But in the context of the topic please. Life in the Pattaya area. Not about the cold war or Russia's role in WW2. Get the difference?

Go back and look at the comments in the thread, and you will see many dozens which have nothing to do with Pattaya but rather have the sole purpose of bashing Russian speakers. I don't see a lot of cautions to stay on topic concerning Pattaya in response to those comments.

Good for her...

Go back and look at the comments in the thread, and you will see many dozens which have nothing to do with Pattaya but rather have the sole purpose of bashing Russian speakers. I don't see a lot of cautions to stay on topic concerning Pattaya in response to those comments.

Fair enough. It's an old thread and I really can't be bothered to read the entire thread again so I'll take your word. I know my intention in starting it was not to encourage bashing of anyone, but just to discuss something in a civil manner that is actually a REAL thing that is really happening in Pattaya, and has real, noticeable effects.

BTW, this thread was set up as a poll. The POLL structure is now gone. This happened to another poll of mine which was later fixed, so I reckon the reason it happened here is the same reason it happened to the other poll. Some kind of technical glitch with an internal upgrade.