Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I got the front bonnet protector, the plastic thing on the front. The whole side has already come off, it looks like its been up on with some sort of double sided sticky-tape, the other side is also just starting to come off.

Its got the 2 bolts in the middle, but now the right side of the blinker is half covered and looks weird, I will be going back to the dealership to make then put it back on properly. I havnt even had it for a month and shit is falling off...

But other than that, I have clocked nearly 1,500kms on it and its doing great :) People still take pictures of it and look at it which is kind of weird.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help with the website, but I've seen a number of rangers on the newcangerclub website. They also have the "topup hard cover which can be completely raised. I think the price was wabout 20K for the cover, but not sure about the bedliner. I thought someone said aeroklas is the aftermarket supplier for ford, so maybe the ford dealer might know a contact.

loads of distributors here, but not sure if they sell retail or not.

http://www.aeroklas.com/distri.php

Any guesses if you can fit a "top up" to a Wildtrak?

My Ford dealer doesn't know (no great surprise!) but its the one thing putting me off deciding on a 3.2 Wildtrak, if/when they appear, as I wouldn't consider one without one .

I believe that was the one they had at the show last fall. The one from the show were left here in dealerships, but cannot be sold.

That could be right as I never asked if I could buy that one......not interested in a 4x4.

Does anyone know if it is true that Ford won't even take an order for a 2.2 Wildtrack?

I can't help with the website, but I've seen a number of rangers on the newcangerclub website. They also have the "topup hard cover which can be completely raised. I think the price was wabout 20K for the cover, but not sure about the bedliner. I thought someone said aeroklas is the aftermarket supplier for ford, so maybe the ford dealer might know a contact.

My Ford dealer doesn't know (no great surprise!) but its the one thing putting me off deciding on a 3.2 Wildtrak, if/when they appear, as I wouldn't consider one without one .

I've not seen one for the wildtrak. I don't know how u could fit it with that sports bar and side rails. There should be a roller shutter available soon for it. It seems to me if you want a hard cover, even the bed liner would need to be changed to be an over-the-lip type (or use fords aftermarket lip protectors - I saw them on fords accessory page but don't know if they will work with a hard cover. Really wish they would produce a 3.2 2wd xlt model !!

I've not seen one for the wildtrak. I don't know how u could fit it with that sports bar and side rails. There should be a roller shutter available soon for it. It seems to me if you want a hard cover, even the bed liner would need to be changed to be an over-the-lip type (or use fords aftermarket lip protectors - I saw them on fords accessory page but don't know if they will work with a hard cover. Really wish they would produce a 3.2 2wd xlt model !!

I ask the Super Up people when I just put one on my Toyota and they said Super Up don't have it yet and the were also a AreoKlass dealer as well, will take some time as they are new! I did think I heard something from Carry Boy site!

Here is a few pictures of my bonnet protector already falling off.

Just looks like bad double stick tape.

You need to find that really thin strong white colored one.

They use it for the window rain guards & such

Good Luck

Yeah, I might just go to home pro and get a decent double sided padded tape, the other side is falling off too.

They must of used some really low quality tape.

Yes that is probably it or.............They did not clean the truck first

Although it is new & shiny they need to de-wax/prep the spot the tape is going on.

Both on the truck & the shield.

A lot of new vehicles are shipped (in the USA at least ) with almost an oil like coating on it.

Edited by flying

Yes,

I ask the Super Up people when I just put one on my Toyota and they said Super Up don't have it yet and the were also a AreoKlass dealer as well, will take some time as they are new! I did think I heard something from Carry Boy site!

That's the problem, culicine - it looks nice in the showroom, but the rails and sports bar really cut down the options - once you fit even a bed-liner (which most do) the side rails and sports bar would have to come off and the sports bar wouldn't line up with the roof any more if you put it back on top. A top-up is a necessity for me as I use the pick-up regularly to take my dogs to the vet and need the "roof" if its raining, and judging by the numbers with top-ups on other pick-ups this may make Ford think again - and eventually they may even follow the Vigo Prerunner, Triton Hi-Rider example and make a 2wd version as well.

One or two more years .....

I reckon pull off the sports bar and rails and get a topup. You can either keep them or I think you can sell them for a good price to someone who doesnt need a hard cover. I know the topups exist for the ranger as I've seen pics of them on the www.newrangerclub.com website. Whether they are generic or genuinely designed for the ranger I don't know. I seem to recall a price of 18-20K, but I can't seem to find that page again on the site. It might be worthwhile you registering there. It's all in Thai but we just look at the pics anyway.

Yeah, I might just go to home pro and get a decent double sided padded tape, the other side is falling off too.

Scotch brand is a grate one, and hold up to tempeatures as well, if not sealed well the sun lets it just peel off. Leave no gaps and no wrinkles in tape and probaly do better than factory in the first place!

It seems 100 3.2 Wildtrak's have been released with more following June, although some Dealers know nothing about it! My mate collected his two hours ago and is very delighted with it.

Edited by Woodsie888

It seems 100 3.2 Wildtrak's have been released with more following June, although some Dealers know nothing about it! My mate collected his two hours ago and is very delighted with it.

Do you know how many 3.2's have been ordered in Thailand? Let's hope production speeds up:)

Scotch brand is a grate one, and hold up to tempeatures as well, if not sealed well the sun lets it just peel off. Leave no gaps and no wrinkles in tape and probaly do better than factory in the first place!

The idea of using any form of double-sided sticky tape to hold on such a long and vibration sensitive bit of flexible plastic looks like bad engineering IMHO. The thin double-sided tape is used for the likes if decals and badges, ie. SMALL items on FLAT surfaces. When I had a similar 'bug deflector' that I bought in Australia fitted on my old TX-5, it was entirely a clip-on job with rubber stoppers fitted on the inside edges to prevent the outer edges 'flapping' once the wind started tugging at it. I would suggest that the OP maybe invest is some of those adhesive rubber rubber or felt pads that they sell in HomePro for sticking on the bottom of chair legs and other bits of furniture. Sticky side against the 'deflector' so that it dampens any vibration and 'flapping' when driving. That may make the job of the double-sided sticky tape a bit easier.

Do you know how many 3.2's have been ordered in Thailand? Let's hope production speeds up:)

No I don't know how many have been ordered and only Ford TH would know this. He paid deposit early November about a week or so before me. My Dealer knows nothing about it and says they're not available for months and none have been delivered. However my friend is very happily driving his already.

From Bangkok Post:

Strong local demand for Ford Ranger and Mazda BT-50 pickup trucks has prompted Ford and Mazda to expand their AutoAlliance Thailand (AAT) joint-venture plant in Rayong.

The companies have jointly invested another US$27 million (837 million baht) in the plant to increase pickup capacity by another 20,000 units a year. The sum is in addition to the $350 million they spent last year to expand the plant to accommodate new pickup production.

Ford Thailand has received 16,500 bookings for the Ranger and delivered 5,000 since its launch in December. Mazda Sales Thailand has delivered 3,500 pickup trucks since it launched the new BT-50 in January, and has another 10,000 orders outstanding.

The new investment will include facility upgrades such as additional robotic equipment and tooling to help increase line speed and output. The new capacity will come onstream next month.

The additional 20,000 units bring AAT's annual pickup truck capacity to 195,000 units for local and export sale. The overall capacity of the plant, including passenger cars, will be 295,000 units per year.

Ford and Mazda have invested nearly $2 billion in AAT since operations began in 1995.

"This new investment reinforces Ford's long-term commitment to Thailand as a global production and export hub, and will allow us to meet the extraordinary demand for the Ford Ranger," said Peter Fleet, president of Ford Asean.

In addition to the Ranger and BT-50 pickups, AAT produces the Ford Everest SUV, and Ford Fiesta, Mazda2 and Mazda3 passenger cars for local and export sale.

Thankfully my wife likes the Ranger more than the MPJS 2.5 and I agree 100% so I been lobbying her that the Ranger is the car to buy(we will only have one car in the household at all times). I think the Ranger is by far the best looking pick-up truck on the Thai market today.

We were at Ford Pattaya yesterday to check the Ranger, we had a look at the 2.2 XLT MT (test car) but no Ranger in the show room. We asked for a test drive of an auto model as the wife can't drive manual gear. They said they they don't know when a test car with auto transmission will be available?? I told the nice sales lady(boy) that I am not buying any new car without trying it first and both my wife and I will have a go in it.

She (he) was very keen to take an order for an XLT auto and told us we can have it in 3 month. We are very interested in the 2WD Wildtrack 2.2 model and she (he) told us that the 2.2 wildtrack first can be had next year??

I told her (him) that after we have tried an auto model and we both like it, we will order a chill/orange 2WD Wildtrack 2.2 (869.000) and don't care if we have to wait until next year, as our City 06 is still good for the time being. mr3cho's post suggest that the production will be beefed up so maybe earlier, how knows?

Is there another dealer in the Pattaya area? Looked on-line on Ford dealer location and the closest ones will be in Chon Buri.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Whilst down in Pattaya, I saw a 2.2 Wildtrack... bright sunshine and that Chilli Orange still looked more dull than what the brochures would imply.

But I digress... I drove my XLT down to Pattaya, back and forth to Bangkok (either side of a business trip to Saigon) and home again... all in that was 1788 km of mostly open road. First impression was a very comfortable car for the long haul. I wondered what it would be like without cruise control for the more open bits but since this was mostly daylight driving, there wasn't much open bits about! Anyway, she happily sat around the 120-125 kph mark @ 1800 rpm and didn't get any cramps in my leg. There was plenty power for accelerating around trucks (and undershooting buses). I think I topped her out somewhere around 160 kph when escaping from a bit of city gridlock south of Korat but mostly stayed within the 'limit'. I haven't worked out the details of fuel economy yet having refueled from almost empty before leaving Udon and taking on 2 full tanks since (currently indicates just below 3/4) but when I used to drive a Vigo on that route, the low-fuel warning would be on within the last few hundred km's. The XLT managed to get from Udon to Pattaya to Bangkok and back to the service station on Highway 7 on the way back to Pattaya on the first tank. The second tank took me from there, around Pattaya down past Rayong and back up through the Kabinburi mountains to the first gas station north of Korat. I am not sure what size tank the XLT has but filling from almost empty was 2100 baht in Udon and 2190 baht in Korat (I forgot to note the liters pumped!) So, left Udon at 12:30 and was parked in Pattaya at 20:00 which included one piss stop at Pak Thong Chai and trip distance of 606 km. The return trip saw me leaving Pattaya at 12:30 and home in Udon at 20:30 with the trip reading 617 km and included a piss and refuel just north of Korat and a left-rear puncture (slow flat) around km 168 at 18:00... the only bummer of the trip. But upside is I did get to use the tools provided and they are easy to find and store and importantly, the scissors jack is big enough to do the lift and drop quickly. Too many trucks have the girls-sized scissors jacks which makes for ages 'air winding' to get the truck off the flat. Thanks to the pickup behind me that flashed his lights to get my attention to my slowly sinking arse end. The huge electronic wing mirrors were great for looking at the rear wheels and confirming I had a problem! Tire change took 20 minutes without really rushing.

I normally do these drives overnight as the roads are much quieter. However, since I have no plates, not even red ones so totally illegal and liable to double-extra shakedown by police, I opted for the day run since most daylight traffic stops are 'legit' speeding ones whereas night ones are more mandatory; stopping everything for a close up look. No hassles until in Bangkok where the traffic cops at the off ramp at Ploenchit wanted 7000 frigging baht because I had no plates! I honestly only had about 380 baht, 25 bucks and about 200000 Vietnamese Dong as I had just come back from Saigon. He made me wait for over 20 minutes while he pretended to be talking with his boss and popping back up at my window to see if by some miracle, new Ford's come with an ATM in the dashboard. In the end, he took the 200 that I was always offering and waved me away. Tosser! On the way home, there were two subsequent daylight 'all stop' type police checks either side of the 'mountains' and I thought my goose was cooked but both times, I was waved through. The second one was really interesting as they seemed to be pulling any red-plated vehicle out and I did see the owner of a red-plated Aurora Blue XLT looking wryly at me as I was waved on with my solitary Texas 1984 plate on the back! Eventually, despite having the Cobra on, the speed trap north of Korat got me but the young cop was straightforward, said I was doing 130 kph and just asked for 200 baht... no license, no papers, no worries. He commented the truck was 'suay mahk' as I was leaving.

That's it, first long trip in the new wheels, I give her 10/10 despite the puncture!

Whilst down in Pattaya, I saw a 2.2 Wildtrack... bright sunshine and that Chilli Orange still looked more dull than what the brochures would imply.

But I digress... I drove my XLT down to Pattaya, back and forth to Bangkok (either side of a business trip to Saigon) and home again... all in that was 1788 km of mostly open road. First impression was a very comfortable car for the long haul. I wondered what it would be like without cruise control for the more open bits but since this was mostly daylight driving, there wasn't much open bits about! Anyway, she happily sat around the 120-125 kph mark @ 1800 rpm and didn't get any cramps in my leg. There was plenty power for accelerating around trucks (and undershooting buses). I think I topped her out somewhere around 160 kph when escaping from a bit of city gridlock south of Korat but mostly stayed within the 'limit'. I haven't worked out the details of fuel economy yet having refueled from almost empty before leaving Udon and taking on 2 full tanks since (currently indicates just below 3/4) but when I used to drive a Vigo on that route, the low-fuel warning would be on within the last few hundred km's. The XLT managed to get from Udon to Pattaya to Bangkok and back to the service station on Highway 7 on the way back to Pattaya on the first tank. The second tank took me from there, around Pattaya down past Rayong and back up through the Kabinburi mountains to the first gas station north of Korat. I am not sure what size tank the XLT has but filling from almost empty was 2100 baht in Udon and 2190 baht in Korat (I forgot to note the liters pumped!) So, left Udon at 12:30 and was parked in Pattaya at 20:00 which included one piss stop at Pak Thong Chai and trip distance of 606 km. The return trip saw me leaving Pattaya at 12:30 and home in Udon at 20:30 with the trip reading 617 km and included a piss and refuel just north of Korat and a left-rear puncture (slow flat) around km 168 at 18:00... the only bummer of the trip. But upside is I did get to use the tools provided and they are easy to find and store and importantly, the scissors jack is big enough to do the lift and drop quickly. Too many trucks have the girls-sized scissors jacks which makes for ages 'air winding' to get the truck off the flat. Thanks to the pickup behind me that flashed his lights to get my attention to my slowly sinking arse end. The huge electronic wing mirrors were great for looking at the rear wheels and confirming I had a problem! Tire change took 20 minutes without really rushing.

I normally do these drives overnight as the roads are much quieter. However, since I have no plates, not even red ones so totally illegal and liable to double-extra shakedown by police, I opted for the day run since most daylight traffic stops are 'legit' speeding ones whereas night ones are more mandatory; stopping everything for a close up look. No hassles until in Bangkok where the traffic cops at the off ramp at Ploenchit wanted 7000 frigging baht because I had no plates! I honestly only had about 380 baht, 25 bucks and about 200000 Vietnamese Dong as I had just come back from Saigon. He made me wait for over 20 minutes while he pretended to be talking with his boss and popping back up at my window to see if by some miracle, new Ford's come with an ATM in the dashboard. In the end, he took the 200 that I was always offering and waved me away. Tosser! On the way home, there were two subsequent daylight 'all stop' type police checks either side of the 'mountains' and I thought my goose was cooked but both times, I was waved through. The second one was really interesting as they seemed to be pulling any red-plated vehicle out and I did see the owner of a red-plated Aurora Blue XLT looking wryly at me as I was waved on with my solitary Texas 1984 plate on the back! Eventually, despite having the Cobra on, the speed trap north of Korat got me but the young cop was straightforward, said I was doing 130 kph and just asked for 200 baht... no license, no papers, no worries. He commented the truck was 'suay mahk' as I was leaving.

That's it, first long trip in the new wheels, I give her 10/10 despite the puncture!

...good reading thumbsup.gif

Yeah, some great reading there!

I've only clocked up 1,100Ks in just under a week.

Yesterday, sad to report, first descent scratch (done by myself) I was moving a fridge and pushed it all the way back, forgetting about that stupid aero-wing.

I've used the cruise control and I think it's great! It's very responsive, no lag at all.

The people worrying about the lack of power in the 2.2 shouldn't, it's dam_n quick for a 2 tonne truck.

I'm still getting used to all the auto kit, it was supper confusing the first couple of days.

Yesterday, sad to report, first descent scratch (done by myself) I was moving a fridge and pushed it all the way back, forgetting about that stupid aero-wing.

I've used the cruise control and I think it's great! It's very responsive, no lag at all.

The people worrying about the lack of power in the 2.2 shouldn't, it's dam_n quick for a 2 tonne truck.

I'm still getting used to all the auto kit, it was supper confusing the first couple of days.

I have the bog standard XLT but it still took me until last night to suss out how to dim the displays for night driving!

I have downloaded the full British version of the owners manual so no more mysteries... although it details all the stuff that I DON'T have in great depth!

I have the bog standard XLT but it still took me until last night to suss out how to dim the displays for night driving!

I have downloaded the full British version of the owners manual so no more mysteries... although it details all the stuff that I DON'T have in great depth!

Ideal, what's the link?

Thanks!

Ideal, what's the link?

Thanks!

This might do

http://www.ford-ranger-forum-uk.co.uk/Downloads/2012%20Ranger%20Owners%20Manual.pdf

All I need now is a truck sad.png

Ideal, what's the link?

Thanks!

This might do

http://www.ford-rang...ners Manual.pdf

All I need now is a truck sad.png

Yup, that's the link. Don't print it though, it's huge!

Sent an email to Peter Fleet about the unavailability of the 2.2 2wd WT. He answered the email the next day, which is impressive in itself, and told me that Ford has instructed dealers to stop taking orders for the WT (2.2). He said they would most likely be opening it up again, but deliveries would not happen until January 2013........

What an enviable position for Ford.

What a disaster for Ford, they had a chance to really break into the market here but they have completely blown it. I want the 3.2 WT but it doesn't look like I will be able to get one for a long time. If the release is close to the new Toyota model's release, then I will probably just wait for that.

I agree it does not give a good impression of Ford, my point was that it doesn't seem to matter. They are selling all they can make anyway. Sort of like Apple, they have supply problems as well, but doesn't stop people from beating the doors down to get an Iphone/Ipad.

If Toyota does a totally new truck then I would consider that as well.

Sent an email to Peter Fleet about the unavailability of the 2.2 2wd WT. He answered the email the next day, which is impressive in itself, and told me that Ford has instructed dealers to stop taking orders for the WT (2.2). He said they would most likely be opening it up again, but deliveries would not happen until January 2013........

What an enviable position for Ford.

There was a Chili Orange 2.2 WT in the showroom at Ford Chiang Rai yesterday, could be for sale as the ones ordered already are usually kept out the back, if you the manager's number let me know.