Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...FINALLY!!!...got my Ranger 2.2 AT/XLT today !!!!...will share some more stories(and photos) while recovered from the "HANG" ...laugh.pnglaugh.png

funcat, we got the phone call from Ford CM yesterday to say it's on it's way, a couple more days.....

...FINALLY!!!...got my Ranger 2.2 AT/XLT today !!!!...will share some more stories(and photos) while recovered from the "HANG" ...laugh.pnglaugh.png

funcat, we got the phone call from Ford CM yesterday to say it's on it's way, a couple more days.....

OK...I got the reverse 4 point sensors as extras for free+ floor mats, 500Baht of fuel and the A1 insurance of course...good luck!

post-60959-0-18691100-1345858560_thumb.j

OK...I got the reverse 4 point sensors as extras for free+ floor mats, 500Baht of fuel and the A1 insurance of course...good luck!

I thought you were "going for gold"

btw were the reverse sensors in your original deal?

I thought you were "going for gold"

btw were the reverse sensors in your original deal?

Yes,gold was my choice,but the "Olympics" are over smile.png and when they called us only white was available,so..."the white elephant " it is...it's OK,just will have to wash it more often...BTW,I have to go now...to wash the truck laugh.png

..the sensors were not in the original deal,I just called "The Boss" and ask for it(because of the color change,you know)...and he agreed thumbsup.gif (normally 2 600 Baht + VAT)

Its a dealer down South in Chumphon. He took a deposit and gave her a Ford order number he told her production

would be way up in Sept. the final quarter of the year. The same sales man refused her two months ago.

Nice in white, my first choice was white back in Jan but would have had to wait two months so when my second choice, Black, was offered I took it. Now almost 8mnths and over 9000kms I'm still very happy with it :D

But, as we are planning to move to Europe in April next year we'll be selling it in another 8mnths, worth remembering if anyone is about to place an order and still being told 6mnths waiting time!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by skybluestu

Anyone know when the rear camera is going to come out or how much it will cost?

Do you mean the OEM camera that is on the 3.2 WT only? I asked at the dealer when I placed my order for a 2.2 WT and they said "No have" I said can you order it separately thru the parts dept? "can not" I then said, "so if I was to buy a 3.2 and then had an accident that destroyed the camera I would not be able to get a replacement? " Of course then there was a lot of head scratching.....logic just does not compute sometimes biggrin.png

Anyway, if you look back thru this thread you will find a link to a company in the US that will supply the OEM camera and replacement mirror.......not cheap.

Anyone know when the rear camera is going to come out or how much it will cost?

Do you mean the OEM camera that is on the 3.2 WT only? I asked at the dealer when I placed my order for a 2.2 WT and they said "No have" I said can you order it separately thru the parts dept? "can not" I then said, "so if I was to buy a 3.2 and then had an accident that destroyed the camera I would not be able to get a replacement? " Of course then there was a lot of head scratching.....logic just does not compute sometimes biggrin.png

Anyway, if you look back thru this thread you will find a link to a company in the US that will supply the OEM camera and replacement mirror.......not cheap.

...looks complicated....why not get the sensors,it's not the same,but helps?...4 pint reverse parking sensors 2 600 Baht+VAT at Ford dealer...and they work smile.png

the OE camera with wiring loom is approx 12,000b. to this you still need to add a new hoodliner wiring loom and the internal mirror/display.

Little change out of 30,000b would be a decent guess and is way too much for me so I purchased a cheapo wireless camera than sits above my rear number and a new clip on mirror/display unit in the cabin and it does all that I need it to do.

the OE camera with wiring loom is approx 12,000b. to this you still need to add a new hoodliner wiring loom and the internal mirror/display.

Little change out of 30,000b would be a decent guess and is way too much for me so I purchased a cheapo wireless camera than sits above my rear number and a new clip on mirror/display unit in the cabin and it does all that I need it to do.

couldn't you just hire some guy for 100 baht sit in the back of your truck and blow his whistle at the appropriate time :)

couldn't you just hire some guy for 100 baht sit in the back of your truck and blow his whistle at the appropriate time smile.png

They would have a very short shelf life as I would keep smacking them up the side of the head because of them dam_n annoying whistles.

WIfey just called Ford about the rear camera.

The camera on the mirror is 25,000 Baht, not including installation.

Couldnt not give price on installation which was strange, if I want it now, they will order it and it will take 3 weeks to get it.

I will talk to them on Saturday when I get the car serviced. So probably cost just below 30,000 baht with the installation.

The rear camera is a bit pricey just for the Camera.

I had a nice JVC DVD player installed on my CRV before and it also had a rear camera which cost about 25K.

I am wondering if I should just go the DVD route if I can see a setup that doesn't make the dashboard look like a pile of sh1t like I have seen in some pictures

I had a nice JVC DVD player installed on my CRV before and it also had a rear camera which cost about 25K.

I am wondering if I should just go the DVD route if I can see a setup that doesn't make the dashboard look like a pile of sh1t like I have seen in some pictures

You can buy a double single din fascia, cut out the centre bar and put in a double din DVD player/screen. this eliminates the whole "integrated" audio of the XLT which is what Iam doing how ever I'll be chopping it slightly to fit the 8" touchscreen and installing my Car PC.

The factory little "screen" in the dash I will also remove and put in the 4.3" screen that came with my 1000b Chinese reverse cam setup so that it is separate from my car audio.

T6RangerDoubleDin.jpg

I do not have bluetooth or sat nav from factory so I have no issues ripping out the factory radio stuff.

However there are guys in BKK doing some awesome installs into the Ranger, I would not expect cheap though.

http://www.driversoundinter.com/car/index.php?rev_model_id=65

You can buy a double single din fascia, cut out the centre bar and put in a double din DVD player/screen. this eliminates the whole "integrated" audio of the XLT which is what Iam doing how ever I'll be chopping it slightly to fit the 8" touchscreen and installing my Car PC.

The factory little "screen" in the dash I will also remove and put in the 4.3" screen that came with my 1000b Chinese reverse cam setup so that it is separate from my car audio.

T6RangerDoubleDin.jpg

I do not have bluetooth or sat nav from factory so I have no issues ripping out the factory radio stuff.

However there are guys in BKK doing some awesome installs into the Ranger, I would not expect cheap though.

http://www.driversou...rev_model_id=65

Were I going to use a separate screen for the back-up camera I would consider mounting in the ceiling liner above the rearview mirror.