English Bread

keithkarmann

Moving to Hua Hin very soon and would like to know where to buy English type white bread that is not sweet like the Thai bread.I know the locations of two German bread bakeries (fine for me but not for my wife) are they likely to sell English white bread?

Keithkarmann

I don't eat much bread but when i do i go to the shopping mall, reasonable selection but you need to get there before dinner time before it all runs out.

I don't think you will find any Warburtons/Kingsmill type of bread here but if you do happen to find some then please be sure to post where here.

On main road, coming from Grand to night market, just before Soi 80 is a pharmacy and next door is a bakers owned by a chinese guy. Right across the road from Kodec and Nokia Care. Get there before lunch time, he's the cheapist and best I found in HH.

Get to Tesco in the morning and grab yourself a fresh baked French stick.

There are several bakeries in town selling various styles of bread these days.

As mentioned the Baguette shop is good.

TTM

Agree with the above, the Baguette shop takes some beating, Tesco do some nice french sticks. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hua Hin bakery Nong plub Road on the Soi next to Chinese supermarket just over the railroad track, best in town, Villa Mart supermarket stock their products which is next to the hospital in middle of town however the same product is cheaper if you buy at the bakery. Nong plub road go west at the lights Soi 57 main drag the bakery is no more than 500 yardes.