ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Moyes stated yesterday that United are not good enough to win the champions league!!

Why on earth would he come out and say that? Some things are better left unsaid are they not.

it's called lowering expectation levels. also known as 'doing a hodgson'.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moyes stated yesterday that United are not good enough to win the champions league!!

Why on earth would he come out and say that? Some things are better left unsaid are they not.

Yeh Redknapp aswell. Used to set himself up as some sort of miracle worker.

Moyes has become embarrassing though. So far we have;

I might need two seasons to sort things!! <deleted>!!

This is the toughest CL group we've ever had

There will be more blows

Were not good enough to win the CL

Next week if they lose i'm expecting him to say something along the lines of "what do you all expect, were really <deleted>!"

Couldn't agree more. He's beginning to look like the "anti-Ferguson". Strange days for United.blink.png

There will be more blows

Next week if they lose i'm expecting him to say something along the lines of "what do you all expect, were really <deleted>!"

"The manager admits that United may not win the European Cup because he lacks "five or six world-class players"".

is he having a pop at those above him for not getting the signings in in in the summer? or does he just sound daft because he wouldn't know a world class player if he fell over one?

There will be more blows

"The manager admits that United may not win the European Cup because he lacks "five or six world-class players"".

is he having a pop at those above him for not getting the signings in in in the summer? or does he just sound daft because he wouldn't know a world class player if he fell over one?

I don't know what is going through his mind but one thing is for sure, he is telling his current Prem Title holding team that they aren't world class. I know that is what we on here have been saying for a while and that it was only SAF who could get these players to give 150% week in, week out but for the manager to come out and say that is suicide at this stage of the season.

If he loses the dressing room (not that I'm saying he ever had them in the first place) there's nothing he can do about it until the transfer window. He's not exactly what you'd call a man motivator is he.

At this rate he'll have lost the dressing room well before christmas and all the talk of him being given time will be irrelevant.

I'm still waiting for a United fan to come on and explain Moyes' fixture list conspiracy. That a right load of cobblers too.

Edited by carmine

There will be more blows

You've forgotten the dastardly Premier League fixtures computer conspiring against him and United.

Seen the table recently Robin? Hope you enjoyed your one year in the sun laugh.png

Yes thank you with my Champions medal around my neck and golden boots on my feet biggrin.png

Yes Van Persie signed just in the nick of time didn't he!!

Gotta say MrEd, fairplay to you and Nev. Both of you have more condense in your side than your manager. Moyesy is already preparing you for getting knocked out in the CL group stages. Even i think you are better than he does! But i wonder if Nev still thinks you will win the league and with no signings at that?

Seen the table recently Robin? Hope you enjoyed your one year in the sun laugh.png

Yes thank you with my Champions medal around my neck and golden boots on my feet biggrin.png

Well he ain't going to see any more of them again is helaugh.png

He has more chance than Soldildo though biggrin.png that is for sure.

Cannot wait til xmas then we will talk about the title Carms,we at United are experienced in this you know!

Well he ain't going to see any more of them again is helaugh.png

Cannot wait til xmas then we will talk about the title Carms,we at United are experienced in this you know!

OK so what do you have to say about Moyes ignoring Ferguson's advice to keep the coaching staff and opting to bring along his own?

Keep them and they'll guide you though. And the bit Evertonians will love is Fergusons "you've gone from Marks and Spencer to Harrods" comment.

Moyes has ended the continuity in your proven coaching staff, not taken sound advice and now saying his team isn't up to much.

I bet the senior pros in the dressing room are seething.

OK so what do you have to say about Moyes ignoring Ferguson's advice to keep the coaching staff and opting to bring along his own?

Keep them and they'll guide you though. And the bit Evertonians will love is Fergusons "you've gone from Marks and Spencer to Harrods" comment.

Moyes has ended the continuity in your proven coaching staff, not taken sound advice and now saying his team isn't up to much.

I have not heard that one before mate ...do you have credible links to these two rumors?

You obviously read a lot of <deleted> and worse still believe it laugh.png

When Rene left he was offered the job and turned it down saying that it would be fairer on Moyes to bring his own staff and ideas in...Phelan went early and was nailed on to go when Fergie left.....the new set up will take time not six games i agree but the league is that poor this year that we will still be in with a chance at xmas!

Steve Round is rated very highly by all and the newbies Neville and Giggs will need time also that is why he has got them involved so soon when really he could of used other members from his past team but didn't.

The biggest thing Carmine is Ferguson....Gill.....Phelan...Muelsteen...Steele....Scholes and you could add Giggs i suppose to that list as a collective .......Alot of staff that have left in one swoop..........give the man a chance to do his job and stop believing everything you read in the rags or on the internet.

It sounds like he's trying to lower expectations big time. I doubt it will go down well.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8947844/david-moyes-manchester-united-not-got-world-class-players-to-win-champions-league

it's mental that. hodgsonesque. they won the league by eleven points last season, most of them have won numerous trophies and medals while moyes himself has won literally nothing, and he's telling them they're crap?

guy in the independent today likens moyes to brian clough's damned united days at leeds. it might not be a bad call.

I have not heard that one before mate ...do you have credible links to these two rumors?

You obviously read a lot of <deleted> and worse still believe it laugh.png

When Rene left he was offered the job and turned it down saying that it would be fairer on Moyes to bring his own staff and ideas in...Phelan went early and was nailed on to go when Fergie left.....the new set up will take time not six games i agree but the league is that poor this year that we will still be in with a chance at xmas!

Steve Round is rated very highly by all and the newbies Neville and Giggs will need time also that is why he has got them involved so soon when really he could of used other members from his past team but didn't.

The biggest thing Carmine is Ferguson....Gill.....Phelan...Muelsteen...Steele....Scholes and you could add Giggs i suppose to that list as a collective .......Alot of staff that have left in one swoop..........give the man a chance to do his job and stop believing everything you read in the rags or on the internet.

The info on the coaching staff was a direct quote from Eric Steele, former Man Utd goalkeeping coach.

Ignoring advice given by the guy thats been successfully at the helm for over twenty years is just plain dumb, but the more i see the less i'm surprised

Well Carmine some time change is good and in Eric Steele's case i think Chris Woods is more than a capable replacement don't you?

Rene Mangosteen was asked to stay on but declined.

Phelan was Fergies man and Moyes has that with Lumsden,so time will be the answer on the appointments....as you well know things don't happen overnight AVB is proof of that.

Well Carmine some time change is good and in Eric Steele's case i think Chris Woods is more than a capable replacement don't you?

Phelan was Fergies man and Moyes has that with Lumsden,so time will be the answer on the appointments....as you well know things don't happen overnight AVB is proof of that.

If AVB was in charge you'd probably still be top of the leaguebiggrin.png

If AVB was in charge you'd probably still be top of the league:D

Aye just like you are.

Mark my words you Spurs boys AVB will be out of a job before Moyes.

If AVB was in charge you'd probably still be top of the league:D

Aye just like you are.

Mark my words you Spurs boys AVB will be out of a job before Moyes.

Now that is a brave statement Red

Dont mind all the Moyes doubters here. There is no smoke without fire .

He will rise again soon, he will find a right jigsaw to click into a full squad that wins games. There is one

but he is the man to find that out. United here we come.

rise again? doesn't that imply having risen once in the first place?