2012 Ninja 650R- First Look!

Concur.

:ph34r:

Ok, ok, I admit I make it...but...I read from a supposed reliable source that the 2012 Ninja 650R will have more torque, better suspension, and a stepped seat, but that is all this source knew. I bet it will end up looking just like this pic. :)

laugh.gif you've got too much free time, mate! nice work, tho.

Kawi have no competition for their 650s in this market, so the only reason to improve the bike would be that the upgraded bits are already in the parts bins for bikes going to other countries. Lack of upside down forks and rudimentary rear suspension on a sportbike these days is pretty lame.

Kawasaki TH went ABS on all ex650 even while some competition at double price in TH still do not offer it

In several other markets ABS is extra on ex650

600k baht bikes without ABS is pretty lame ;)

FWIW the "cheapest" non-ABS import is the Yammie FZ6 at only 490k Baht... ;)

fz6_01.jpg

If you want to spend 600k for a non-ABS 600cc bike you'll need to look at Triumph or Ducati :)

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW the "cheapest" non-ABS import is the Yammie FZ6 at only 490k Baht... ;)

fz6_01.jpg

If you want to spend 600k for a non-ABS 600cc bike you'll need to look at Triumph or Ducati :)

yepp, we v just mentioned the 4 most sold brands in Thailand, and only the "cheap" kwaker has been providing stock ABS for 2 years

The 650R is a nice looking bike, but I'm really hoping they'll sort out that ugly headlight on the er6n. Maybe not a twin arrangement like the Street Triple, but just something a bit more classic would be nice. That alien thing is pretty tired now and a simple, round single headlight would greatly improve the look of the bike IMO. If they could sort that out and maybe add some USD forks then I'd probably get the 2012 model as it's a nice looking bike apart from that.

The 650R is a nice looking bike, but I'm really hoping they'll sort out that ugly headlight on the er6n. Maybe not a twin arrangement like the Street Triple, but just something a bit more classic would be nice. That alien thing is pretty tired now and a simple, round single headlight would greatly improve the look of the bike IMO. If they could sort that out and maybe add some USD forks then I'd probably get the 2012 model as it's a nice looking bike apart from that.

Don't you already have a GSXR 600 mate? Why would you downgrade to an ER6? Or just want to add a cheap bike to your growing stable? B)

As far as the "odd" look of the stock headlight, there are tons of inexpensive aftermarket options if it really bugs you. I quite like what they've done with this one:

4583635254_4c83c946cf_b.jpg

And another-

31434080.jpg

17373287.jpg

Mebbe we should continue this convo in the ER6 thread? ;)

Ride On!

Tony

Yep that's exactly the sort of thing I was talking about, huge improvement from the stock look IMO.

I'll keep the GSXR600 - it's way too much fun to sell - but I'm looking for a bike with a more upright position for riding in the city. I'd really love the street triple but the cheapest I've seen was about 450k for a 2009 model vs. 245k for a brand new er6n.

Yep that's exactly the sort of thing I was talking about, huge improvement from the stock look IMO.

I'll keep the GSXR600 - it's way too much fun to sell - but I'm looking for a bike with a more upright position for riding in the city. I'd really love the street triple but the cheapest I've seen was about 450k for a 2009 model vs. 245k for a brand new er6n.

I hear ya, the ER6n is a good urban assault vehicle.

Taking a faired bike into the city you always have to worry about some numpty scratching your fairings :rolleyes:

Naked is the way to go! :lol:

motivator2710661qa1.jpg

I'll agree that 600k bikes are lame, period! ABS, a totally diff subject from suspension, is reportedly a good thing these days on bikes. I'll take the moto-press' words for it. I don't need it on a sportbike. As for my baht, i'd prefer they'd have put that money toward proper suspension since they market it as a sportbike. But, its a great value as is, so upgrading these bits m'self still likely comes out pretty cheap.

I'll agree that 600k bikes are lame, period! ABS, a totally diff subject from suspension, is reportedly a good thing these days on bikes. I'll take the moto-press' words for it. I don't need it on a sportbike. As for my baht, i'd prefer they'd have put that money toward proper suspension since they market it as a sportbike. But, its a great value as is, so upgrading these bits m'self still likely comes out pretty cheap.

I agree there, if i had the option of buying an er6 without ABS i would, then spend put the money saved towards a nice rear shock and some adjustable fork cartridges :)

I've got the money for the down payment right now but i'm going to hold back until i see if the rumors about the 2012 bike are true, by then i should have enough cash to upgrade the exhaust and rear shock, so it's a win win situation but dammmmm i hate having to wait for things :D

I agree there, if i had the option of buying an er6 without ABS i would, then spend put the money saved towards a nice rear shock and some adjustable fork cartridges :)

I've got the money for the down payment right now but i'm going to hold back until i see if the rumors about the 2012 bike are true, by then i should have enough cash to upgrade the exhaust and rear shock, so it's a win win situation but dammmmm i hate having to wait for things :D

If you don't want ABS just buy a second hand 2009 model as those were sold without ABS. ABS or not, they both share the same very basic suspension components which can definitely be improved upon. Ride On! T

If you don't want ABS just buy a second hand 2009 model as those were sold without ABS. ABS or not, they both share the same very basic suspension components which can definitely be improved upon. Ride On! T

It's a good point Tony and one i've looked at BUT i'm waiting to see if the 2012 model is worth purchasing over an 09 model or even an 2011 model, i noticed your adds for exhaust on this forum had a Minburi address to the side, i live close and would be interested in purchasing from you :)

Surprising how the seat change gives it a much sportier look.

I do hope that back end just bolts on the back of any er6???????????????????

Fingers crossed - I'll be the first in the queue. jap.gifjap.gif

It's only a joke, that's not the 2012 model.

Expect something much more bland than simply adding the rear of the n250.

Surprising how the seat change gives it a much sportier look.

I do hope that back end just bolts on the back of any er6???????????????????

Fingers crossed - I'll be the first in the queue. jap.gifjap.gif

It's only a joke, that's not the 2012 model.

Expect something much more bland than simply adding the rear of the n250.

The owner of a fugly little CB'r' calling the a Ninja 650 bland?! :cheesy:

• 4 weeks later...

Some more chatter on kawiforums and brc forum in the last couple days. One poster claiming he has a contact in Kawasaki that says there is no significant changes to the 2012 650R/ER6fn but Gary over at BRC called him out claiming his source has already ridden the new 2012 Ninja and it does indeed have the changes he is claiming. Gary says he is going to make some calls again "today" which was yesterday, and see whats up.

Also, watch this site closely: http://newproductlaunch.kawasaki.com/AllNewProducts/ If there is a new 650R for oh-12, that is probably where the initial official announcement will be first made.

Just for kicks I emailed Kawasaki USA and asked if we were getting a new 650. Just now got a reply:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Kawasaki Motor Corp.,U.S.A.

For the 2012 Line up, we will have more information posted on our website about mid October 2011. So please log on to Kawasaki.com about middle of October to see our new 2012 Product Line up."

:(

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Just for kicks I emailed Kawasaki USA and asked if we were getting a new 650. Just now got a reply:

For the 2012 Line up, we will have more information posted on our website about mid October 2011. So please log on to Kawasaki.com about middle of October to see our new 2012 Product Line up."

seems like all kwaker 2012s are delayed to October. od

This will be one of the first places that will have news of any changes and nothing yet, interesting to note that the 400cc bikes haven't been changed so doubt the 650 ones will be. They have new colour schemes but nowt else by the looks of it. The Black/Yellow Versys is pretty cool and the new D-Tracker/KLX colours are nice too

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.kawasaki1ban.com/news_topics/4374%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D637%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=ja&u=http://www.kawasaki1ban.com/news_topics/bike&usg=ALkJrhguLNyLNL8B8suB-FLsonPVXAlxlw

Edited by skybluestu

seems like all kwaker 2012s are delayed to October. od

Erm, nope.

The new 2012 Ninja 250R's are already on display-

2012KawasakiNinja250RSESSR.jpg

2012KawasakiNinja250RSSR.jpg

2012KawasakiNinja250RRedSSR.jpg

The Red one isn't so bad but whoever came up with color scheme for the green SE and added BLUE rim stripes should be shot!

But peel off all those stickers and it won't look half bad IMO ;-)

Ride On!

Tony

Well Kawasaki finally have both colours of the ER6F in my local showroom, that's the first time i have seen both side by side in their window.

I'm hoping that they are indeed pushing the old stock thru and something new arrives at the end of September, as the money i'm holding is getting heavier and heavier with each day that passes. Also my VFR400 has been gone for 6 months now and I'm suffering massive withdrawal symptoms and i'm kind of feeling a little guilty in the way i'm treating my poor Mio 125, she must feel like she's gone 10 rounds with Tyson right now.

Well i popped back into my local dealer yesterday and spoke directly to the owner. He told me that the ER6N will be in his showroom at the end of this month BUT the ER6F won't come until the end of this year............

Hmmmmm practically the same bikes but the F will be delayed by 3 months, i can smell porky pies and more 2011 units than he can shift!

Well i popped back into my local dealer yesterday and spoke directly to the owner. He told me that the ER6N will be in his showroom at the end of this month BUT the ER6F won't come until the end of this year............

Hmmmmm practically the same bikes but the F will be delayed by 3 months, i can smell porky pies and more 2011 units than he can shift!

In 2009 the N came out several months ahead of the F, which ended up being the 2010. Dates are always pushed back here. I think they supply the primary markets, US and UK, first. Once that is done then we start seeing them.