• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All images on a row again:

And, because it's Wednesday I have another free gift for you: :D

Last month my wife and I even slept in this town for one night... :o During the evening we were surprised it was so quiet in the streets. Until all helll broke lose later that evening....why ? :D

Edit:

Didn't read Mr. Tingtong's comment yet; he's right :D

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Last month my wife and I even slept in this town for one night...

I've just been back 20 pages or so in your profile and i can't find any mention of where you stayed. Although you disapeared from the forum on 19 September and returned 09 October. I give up :o

That's correct but it's also correct that I didn't info TV of my whereabouts.

Ok, we traveled 4,500 km in just 20 days by car to and from Ibiza/Spain from Holland.

Arriving by Catamaran Ferry in Valencia/Spain on the way back, we staid 1 night in Girona/Gerona, Spain and 1 night on the south coast of France.

After that 1 night in Airolo/Switzerland on the foot of the Matterhorn Pass, and then back home in one go.

It's the city we staid in France what this is all about. I mentioned before that the city was so quiet that evening (Oct. 6th) but all helll brake lose later on.

France won that night with rugby over New Zealand. Anyone remember ?

* I am surprised nobody's digging a little deeper in the 'yellow' coloured image***; what's that all about???.....look at the trees and you'll now the period of year more or less....it's not exactly summer in that image, is it ? What kind of fruit is on that image ?

* I am also surprised that nobody took the effort to look in what particular part of France, on the coast, the mountains are SO high....see last image #5

* And, why not Google a map of the Cote d'Azur and you'll know in a minute

***"In 1895, a few hotel owners proposed the Local Council to create a .............. in order to animate the town in winter. Since 1896 the ............ seduces its inhabitants and its rich winter tourists. At the time, it was very fashionable to spend winter in a region like Côte d’Azur, where the climate was clement and nice. Kings, princes and artists frequently visited the palaces of ............. and built here their beautiful villas."

Now, don't blame me if I didn't give you guys enough hints and images...who else did ?

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Perpignan

NO; That's by far not Cote d'Azur; but I suppose you were thinking of high mountains....The Pyrenees.

France is bordered by 2 high mountainous areas The Alpes and Pyrenees.

NO also for Saint-Cyprien; same thing, also Pyrenees.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Perpignan

NO; That's by far not Cote d'Azur; but I suppose you were thinking of high mountains....The Pyrenees.

France is bordered by 2 high mountainous areas The Alpes and Pyrenees.

NO also for Saint-Cyprien; same thing, also Pyrenees.

LaoPo

Sh1t, in the hurry, i missed your clue to the Cote D'Azur

And Bino's posting now. Sh1t, sh1t, sh1t :o:D

I just found it, tried to post and discovered I wasn't logged on and Bino beat me! :o:D

Dontcha just hate it when that happens?

I got a city picked out.... just looking for big size images.

Laopo.... I agree that pictures should be big enough to see, but considerate of people who use dial-up. What do you figure to be a good minimium size or ideal size...?

I just found it, tried to post and discovered I wasn't logged on and Bino beat me! :o:D

Dontcha just hate it when that happens?

I got a city picked out.... just looking for big size images.

Laopo.... I agree that pictures should be big enough to see, but considerate of people who use dial-up. What do you figure to be a good minimium size or ideal size...?

If I search for images on Google I choose LARGE IMAGES as an ideal size. Small images is no fun.

'Menton' was a good example of 'good sports' as they were LARGE images but still hard to find or guess. It would have been almost impossible to find with small images and no hints.

LaoPo

I found a good website about French Yacht Harbours, and they had lots of info about Cote D'Azur. There it was.

Here is my new city. Should be easy!

post-18167-1196264399_thumb.jpg

post-18167-1196264365_thumb.jpg

post-18167-1196264621_thumb.jpg

One of the Hawaiian islands...

LaoPo