Looking At Buying A New Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Hi to all,

I'm looking at the new Kawasaki Ninja 250R.

If anyone has any advice on cost and freebies and links to relevant sites it would be appreciated.jap.gif

I know there's a topic on the Ninja already but it's super long and some of the info is dated.ph34r.gif

Edited by stefan2519

Do you want us to breast feed you too?

Call and ask them.

Thanks for the reply!unsure.gif

I've called four Kawasaki dealers near my area and the price ranges from 139,000 to 154,000, and only one offers a free helmet and jacket.

Some more helpful info from 250R owners would be nice.jap.gif

Call and ask them.

I've called four Kawasaki dealers near my area and the price ranges from 139,000 to 154,000, and only one offers a free helmet and jacket.

There are four Kawasaki dealers near to you! Where do you live, New York?

Kawasaki usually charge the full price of the bike which is 147,500 baht so a bit strange some are quoting 139,000 and some 154,000.

Don't rule out the Honda CBR 250R, 100k for non-abs and 120k with abs.

The price is 147k and they are available everywhere since the Honda CBR250R came out. I saw 8 in the showroom last month in Kawasaki Pattaya. But if i were you I would wait a month or two as the price is surely going to come down as they have tons of stock gathering dust. :jap:

The price is 147k and they are available everywhere since the Honda CBR250R came out. I saw 8 in the showroom last month in Kawasaki Pattaya. But if i were you I would wait a month or two as the price is surely going to come down as they have tons of stock gathering dust. :jap:

Oh I do hope your right! I do like my CBR250r.....but lets face it, it's a very agricultural machine in comparison to the Kwaka.

Not sure where you're located. Here in Bangkok the Ninjette still sells very well.

Try the classifieds on the site below if you're looking to buy 2nd hand

http://www.ninja250thailand.com/board/index.php

I just traded my baby Ninja for a versys last week, fantastic little bike in my opinion. I also beleive the only way in which the CBR compares is due to it's low price tag, stand the two side by side and you see where the extra money was spent. Just my opinion, some agree some don't.

I added a full exhaust system to mine which I purchased via the site above and for the mere 7000 baht it cost it did make some difference. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Beware though, if you're planning long journeys i.e. 200 - 300 km plus then it's a little uncomfortable to say the least lol.

I still love the older all green ones but as I wanted new I got this years white one. If my buying experience is anything to judge by, the new 2012 colours should be out in a couple of months so it may be worth waiting. Not sure what they are going to do for next year yet.

If you have been offered a new one for the 139,000 you quoted, snap it up before they get the price right lol.

Not sure where you're located. Here in Bangkok the Ninjette still sells very well.

I thought Kawa were ones not to give sales numbers? You got their sales numbers? Most would be interested in hearing them.

I thought Kawa were ones not to give sales numbers? You got their sales numbers? Most would be interested in hearing them.

No, Kawasaki do not publish their sales figures, but the sales staff told me that the Ninjette remains their best selling bike.

Rumors about the pathetic new CB'r' putting a dent in Ninjette sales ring a bit false :)

The only people who will choose the Honda thumper over the Kwacker 250 are noobs and cheapskates. :lol:

Beware though, if you're planning long journeys i.e. 200 - 300 km plus then it's a little uncomfortable to say the least lol.

That "seat" looks damned uncomfortable. Hate to cause apoplexy in the forum, but I must say I love the comfort of my Honda Phantom seat. It's a dog, but it's a comfortable dog.

the sales staff told me

:cheesy:

I'm sure they did.

:passifier:

You think they have some reason to lie? FYI, the sales staff at Kawasaki Rama 9 do not work on commission. They also told me Kawasaki stopped selling the ZX10R because it sold terribly... Makes sense to me... :rolleyes:

That "seat" looks damned uncomfortable.

There's a guy in the states with both a N250 and a CBR250R, interesting to see his opinions on the comparison between the two with regards to this.

Info can be found in the comparison thread.

And it certainly isn't a win for the 'ninja'.

Have a Red and Black Tattoo model from a year back. Over the years I have had a few 250 ninjas. The new ones are the best yet ! I am lucky it is not my only bike, But I use it mostly for cross country or a day of high speed fun.

The low seat height and low weight as well as center of gravity makes it easy to ride. It is nice having a bike you can use !00% without getting into trouble.

I have no problem with the seat on 600 - 800 km days. Any thing longer than 1000 km and yes I think any seat gets tiring. Longest day I did on the bike was a 1300 km Trat ot Chaing mai run. This week I am getting a gel seat in mine, as well as the pad for my wife. And that is one nice thing about the little Ninja, tons of after market parts if you want and look. My friend installed Givi hard saddle bags on his. I use soft bags on mine. Like to keep in slim when I am just play riding.

I was getting about 70 mpg (30 kpl) with mine (same as my D Tracker) but thought at 100 kph or 120 kph it was a little high reving, so I changed the front sprocket to a 16 tooth that lowers it 13% without hurting acceleration for the riding I do as well as lifted top speed and improved my MPG a few. I have also added a Uni high flow air filter. I don't like the weight of the muffler. So that may be on the list too.

This bike is enough, without being too much. I chose the 250 with the lower price so I could have several bikes and not just one Big Bike. Some of my friends use to laugh, until I passed them. Again, the lighter weight and easier handling of the 250. OK maybe it's part the rider too

A keeper, and Yes, I have a CBR too

That "seat" looks damned uncomfortable.

There's a guy in the states with both a N250 and a CBR250R, interesting to see his opinions on the comparison between the two with regards to this.

Info can be found in the comparison thread.

And it certainly isn't a win for the 'ninja'.

It was clearly a win for speed going to the Ninja and a win for the CBR if you want to ride an armchair. Some folks enjoy riding armchairs, in 10 more years i will also.

Thats just ONE of my bikes.

Anytime you would like me to embarrass your CBR 250 with my NSR 150, let me know, i'll race you for titles, sell your bike and go buy a Ninja ...lol, I'll even take it easy on you and go in a straight line. What the hell i'll even give you a head start. :lol:

Call and ask them.

Perhaps with Kawasaki's new dealer network opening up, the fixed price policy has changed. Can anyone confirm this?

Check out the quality of the helmet and jacket first. Last Honda i bought from a dealer, gave me a cheesy open face and a paper thin nylon jacket, better to just say no and take a discount instead.

Hope the Kawasaki stuff is better.