Chiang Mai Snails............ I Want To Eat Em

cerbera

in these austere days any kind of of protein shouldnt be sniffed at. I had a strong feeling for the snail recen;y they looked very nice trussed up frozen in rimping for about a million quid. so i went out last night and collected a hindred and am currently purging them. Now Im hoping they have halluciongenic properties and ill keep them to myself and imagine im an elephant living in a stork whos scared of a maggot who like calis milk and talks about occrams bic razor a lot...............................

This is what one afternoons at rudys gecko corner will do to the unaware............. great bar BTW

back to yje point can i eat my snails. how do i prepare them, Im thinking frying the Fcuckers in garlic butter

ps I snort tesco lotus oysters up my nose....... 23 baht for twenty. try that at the savoey cabbage in london

My garden is absolutely overrun with the buggers at the moment. It has crossed my mind to harvest them for a meal too!

One thing I heard about snails is you should keep them in a box for a day or so, feeding them a carrot of something similar. This way you know what they have been eating before you eat them.

My Thai relatives won't eat the land snails, they only eat the ones that stay in the water, and they know which ones are the good ones.

They keep them in a bucket of water for a couple of days to get all the poop out of their system, and then they make some sort of spicy (of course) dish with them. They taste all right but far from being my favorite meal.

My garden is absolutely overrun with the buggers at the moment. It has crossed my mind to harvest them for a meal too!

One thing I heard about snails is you should keep them in a box for a day or so, feeding them a carrot of something similar. This way you know what they have been eating before you eat them.

More than a day for cleansing, The huge conical snails are introduced from Africa, a high priced item there, often deep fried after parboiling and removal from the shell.

More than a day for cleansing, The huge conical snails are introduced from Africa, a high priced item there, often deep fried after parboiling and removal from the shell.

Any idea as to their proper name or how they ended up here? I've read a bit about the apple snails that were introduced as a food source (Thais decided not to eat them and the snails decided they were rather fond of rice...) but the only thing I've heard about the large land snails is that people don't eat them (no mention of why).

Edit: After looking around a bit, it seems these are Giant African Land Snails. Is that right? Seems like one would cook them more like conch than snails?

Edited by CPT