Emergency Iron Butt To Ayuthaya

KRS1

Not sure why you would choose 11 as it's a goat track once your off 32 till you get to Sak Lek. And to many slow moving trucks, day and night.

The road surface from Nong Bua turn off to Wang Si Phun....well it's criminal!

Edited by BSJ

Not sure why you would choose 11 as it's a goat track once your off 32 till you get to Sak Lek. And to many slow moving trucks, day and night.

Really?! Personally I find the 11 is in much better shape than highway 1 and much less traffic as most trucks take the highway...

FWIW CM to Ayuthaya isn't even close to an "Iron Butt"... :whistling:

http://www.ironbutt.com

Ride On!

T

Really?! Personally I find the 11 is in much better shape than highway 1 and much less traffic as most trucks take the highway...

FWIW CM to Ayuthaya isn't even close to an "Iron Butt"... :whistling:

http://www.ironbutt.com

Ride On!

T

So your saying 1 is worse! Thanks for the tip....I will avoid it in my future travels.

Alright there and back already.

Here's the route:

11 - 1- 122 -1 -32 -1

11 ....out of Chiang Mai

1 ......At the Lampang Intersection, make a right.

122 ..To Bypass Nakhon Sawan (5-7 minute road ) Hops back onto 1

1 ......

32 ....Down to Ayutthaya and reconnects to 1 to go to Bangkok but if i was going to Bangkok, i'd probably go through Khao Yai.

Found a smalll shortcut to shave 10 minutes off through Tak : Going fron CNX to BKK Instead of hooking a right to stay on 1, go straight and it will be 104 a two lane road with thick trees on each side, it cuts through the curve around Tak and intersects 1 again, you'll cross over an old bridge and right when your cursing me out and thinking you shouldn't have listened to me there will be an open air market on your left and 1 is immediately after, hang a left to get back on.

Come to think of it, i dont think its a shortcut, but it was interesting to roll through there. Couldn't find it on the way back to CNX. Oh, and if you take the shortcut DO NOT eat at the last restaurant on your left, its spicy as fuc_k, dont do it, your ass will be sorry.

Ayutthaya to CNX Travel time 7 hours 30 minutes, fuel cost 1000-800 baht , CBR 150 average speed 130 kph speedo (depending on how empty you want to get. Various brand pumps on the way to BKK, on the way back predominantly PTT pumps.

Deep ruts from weighing stations start in Singburi while on 32.

Route 1 is an acceptable road not too bad, only gets bad around Khampaeng Phet and short parts of Tak smoothest part through the patched section of road is on the fast lane shoulder (right side) They're leveling the surface through Lampoon right now and that sucked, but it was a short run and should be smoothed within a week.

CNX to Ayuthaya/BKK should be run before 4pm a lot of tucks once you hit Singburi, before that its ok and not stressful at all.

Yeah man, the way there was no problem avoided PTT intentionally, even when my rear started to pucker from the fuel gauge redline.

Way back didn't have a choice. :realangry:

After the carb cleaning bike ran really good, now its starting to feel sluggish again.