Pawnbroker Chiang Mai

guyanthony76

I think it would depend on what you are looking to pawn. I know there are shops on the outside of the northern moat, more towards the eastern corner. think they pretty much run the gambit on what they will take other than jewelry, etc. there is also a pawn broker near the fire station next to Chiang Mai gate. never been in there, but it looks more like a higher end place from the outside, (i.e. secure buzzer doors, etc)

A friend in Bangkok fell on hard times a few weeks back and he hit a few pawn shops there. He has expensive power tools, cameras and so forth. He said they only offered him a couple of thousand Baht here and there for his really expensive imported goods but but that they offered a very nice loan on the wife's gold :rolleyes: which he ended up pawing.

I think it would depend on what you are looking to pawn. I know there are shops on the outside of the northern moat, more towards the eastern corner. think they pretty much run the gambit on what they will take other than jewelry, etc. there is also a pawn broker near the fire station next to Chiang Mai gate. never been in there, but it looks more like a higher end place from the outside, (i.e. secure buzzer doors, etc)

Thanks Steve. Can you give me a landmark thats close to the northern moat? I am not familiar with where the northern moat is? Thanks.

The road that runs north off the center of the northern moat is Chang Puak. Staying on the moat road(on the outside of the moat) you'll see many stores with stereo equipment, tools, ponchos, washing machines fridges, motorbikes, etc. There are probably more than 6 shops. From what I hear, they are all pawn shops. Don't know if they operate the same way as in the west, but its worth a shot.

Guess it none of our business, but can I ask what you are trying to pawn?

Thanks Steve. Can you give me a landmark thats close to the northern moat? I am not familiar with where the northern moat is? Thanks.