Sunrise Tacos Coming To Jomtien!

Jingthing

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went tonight and II had the Grande Natchos Supreme with chicken. It was mediocre at best and everything was served very cold including the meat, olives, salsa, sour cream and small amount of cheese. I asked for extra salsa which I never got and was probably a communication issue. My girlfriend had a chicken quesadilla and found it just ok - but she is Thai.

I will give them another try next week to see if I can find some better selections and give them time to they get the "bugs" of a new restaurant. The restaurant definitely has a fast food feel about it, the televisions were statigically located and not the problem others anticipated. I wish them good luck.

According to both the menu and waitress, they DO have their Tuesday and Friday all-you-can-eat special for 220 Baht, including Margaritas and a few other drinks for 99 Baht from 2pm to 7pm.

Will be there to check this out , sounds like a good deal.

Not clear on the deal.

Any type of tacos? So if you pick one type to start and they bring a plate, is that the only type you can get more of, but you can have a lot of it? (That sounds a bit sadistic.) What about salsa? Can you keep getting new salsa as needed?

Edited by Jingthing

Their menu isn't clear on the all-you-can-eat issue, but states "from the following" - then lists the various options.

It would be reasonable to assume that you could switch or even mix three items from the different selections, but they appear to be the type of outfit that has a lot of hidden agendas -- 20 baht extra for sour cream, 7% + 10% add-on not prominently displayed on the menu-- in a country where that practice is definitely the exception among most restaurants and other businesses, etc.. so, my guess would be to expect the worst and be elated if they provide better . . . :huh:

Here's their Tuesday and Friday all-you-can-eat menu:

http://www.sunriseta...taco-friday.htm

Quite a few negative comments on the standard of food from the first people to eat there,i think like JT says it will be wise to give them time to settle down.

I will be in town over Xmas seeing to a bit of business there and will sample it myself,in fact i am thinking of becoming a sponsor on T Visa as the fact is it does create bums on seats for any business through positive and negative comments,as the saying goes there is no such thing as bad press.

I have never intended to slag the place just asking a question?(regarding the ++) which as of yet there has been no response.

I hope that is clear.jap.gif

Edited by sbk
discussion of moderation, read forum rules

There is one thing that I would REALLY like to know about this place. Are they going to actually have a SALSA BAR where customers may help themselves to any salsas they desire, as much as they want, or not, to enjoy with their meal? If yes, I wouldn't complain about their prices and I'm sure I'd be much more of a regular. If not, I would be very disappointed to hear that news.

If the owner PMs me and gives permission, I would be glad to start a poll asking locals how important a SALSA BAR is to them, as I expect it would be popular and potentially greatly increase the loyalty and frequency of visits by residents. Otherwise, of course, no poll.

Sunrise has a great variety of freshly made salsas. However, if the restaurant makes it difficult for customers to get at a VARIETY of them (rather than one flavor you might get with your order), that makes it very frustrating for salsa lovers. I assume all restaurants want HAPPY customers, not frustrated ones, because happy customers tend to spend more, and come back more.

To me a Mexican place that says you get only one salsa flavor with your order and that's it (when they've got several) is like going to burger joint and being told you can have ketchup only, or mustard only, or hot sauce only, pick only one.

Pattaya Mexican places have lacked salsas, generally only having one, and not a good one. Now we have a place with many fresh salsas, but without a salsa bar, it's like a chastity belt.

Here is a salsa bar at a successful USA chain with similar food offerings to Sunrise (Baja Fresh). Any customer ordering food can take from the bar as desired.

post-37101-0-32526000-1322847875_thumb.j

BTW, yes I understand offering such a salsa bar is a COST for the restaurant. However, I think not offering it is short sighted considering the potential profits of a larger pool of happy loyal frequent repeat customers. Fans of Mexican food tend to be addicted to it, but fans of Mexican food are quite usually also fans of salsas. Mexican places in the US and Mexico offer a VARIETY of salsas INCLUDED with your meal. I sincerely think many of the potential loyal base in town want a similar experience here and something short of that will ultimately disappoint.

Edited by Jingthing

If the owner PMs me and gives permission, I would be glad to start a poll asking locals how important a SALSA BAR is to them

You can mark me down as not giving a darn about salsa - here or back home. I did used to enjoy free salsa and corn chips with a Mexican in the Mission District in San Fran, but would never pay for salsa and decent corn chips are quite expensive here.

I do understand that some people are fanatical about salsa, but do not get it personally. :blink:

:realangry:

Closed before 11pm tonight , so I missed it again, either your ready to open as advertised or not. I realize that they have only just opened, but they need to get it right first off, went to Shenanigans and had a great steak for B260 no ++

:o The hours to me are not important. The plus plus prevents me eaating at the resturant. When loaf pizza went to plus I now go to New york pizza.:realangry:

If the owner PMs me and gives permission, I would be glad to start a poll asking locals how important a SALSA BAR is to them

You can mark me down as not giving a darn about salsa - here or back home. I did used to enjoy free salsa and corn chips with a Mexican in the Mission District in San Fran, but would never pay for salsa and decent corn chips are quite expensive here.

I do understand that some people are fanatical about salsa, but do not get it personally. :blink:

Ditto on the salsa rant...regular and spicy is enough for me.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Closed before 11pm tonight , so I missed it again, either your ready to open as advertised or not. I realize that they have only just opened, but they need to get it right first off, went to Shenanigans and had a great steak for B260 no ++

:o The hours to me are not important. The plus plus prevents me eaating at the resturant. When loaf pizza went to plus I now go to New york pizza.:realangry:

Where's your next stop when NY Pizza goes ++?

Quite a few negative comments on the standard of food from the first people to eat there,i think like JT says it will be wise to give them time to settle down.

I will be in town over Xmas seeing to a bit of business there and will sample it myself,in fact i am thinking of becoming a sponsor on T Visa as the fact is it does create bums on seats for any business through positive and negative comments,as the saying goes there is no such thing as bad press.

I have never intended to slag the place just asking a question?(regarding the ++) which as of yet there has been no response.

I hope that is clear.jap.gif

It's clear that becoming a sponsor would lessen negative criticism of your business on TV.

Of course that heavy-handed approach drives traffic to other websites. So the other websites are somewhat fond of the policies at TV.

So that can be win-win for you to advertise here.

I do not think that most sponsors mind constructive criticism. However, there are a large number of loons and complete a__holes who post negative comments on Thai Visa and other forums just for the heck of it. Between them and dishonest competitors posting fake reviews, Thai Visa is forced to adopt strict policies to avoid being charged with libel and to keep advertisers signed up (as they do not pay money in order to be the target of hateful nitwits with nothing better to do than try to damage other people's livelihoods). ;)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Ditto on the salsa rant...regular and spicy is enough for me.

I like to be presented with different salsas at the table. Tacos and Salsa in Bangkok does it and so does La Monita in Bangkok.--both give customers three different salsas at the table. A salsa bar is also a good idea. Some of us like one type of salsa with chips and another with an enchilada, etc. Speaking of chips and salsa, I think it is a very good idea to offer complimentary chips and salsa like virtually every place back in the USA does (at no extra charge). I was told that Sunrise Tacos is offering complimentary chips and salsa.

New menu for Jomtien location?

A friend sent this menu for the local Sunrise location -- Prices appear to be less than the menu they were using when I was there - which was same as Bangkok prices.

If anyone unravels this mystery, please post the details.

http://sunrisetacosp...a.com/Menu.html

The prices look decent. Especially for half a kilo burrito! biggrin.gif

A friend sent this menu for the local Sunrise location -- Prices appear to be less than the menu they were using when I was there - which was same as Bangkok prices.

I reckon that website is quite obsolete. Says the joint was going to open in APRIL 2011.

Edited by Jingthing

I reckon that website is quite obsolete. Says the joint was going to open in APRIL 2011.

Stop teasing us JT and get along and try the place.....if you already haven't! laugh.gif

I've tried the place 3 times. Thumbs up.

My only criticizm is the burrito is too BIG.

Next time, I think I'll ask for a side order of tortillas and feed the neighborhood with the leftovers.

(I'd like to see a mini burrito for around 80 Bt)

By the way, I see the management is putting in 100% effort training the staff and tweaking the operation. Nice people.

Give the place a try. You'll be glad you did.

Where's your next stop when NY Pizza goes ++?

:D Delizza. I can't recall any resturant besides Sunrise that has plusplus.:ermm:

There is one thing that I would REALLY like to know about this place. Are they going to actually have a SALSA BAR where customers may help themselves to any salsas they desire, as much as they want, or not, to enjoy with their meal? If yes, I wouldn't complain about their prices and I'm sure I'd be much more of a regular. If not, I would be very disappointed to hear that news.

If the owner PMs me and gives permission, I would be glad to start a poll asking locals how important a SALSA BAR is to them, as I expect it would be popular and potentially greatly increase the loyalty and frequency of visits by residents. Otherwise, of course, no poll.

Sunrise has a great variety of freshly made salsas. However, if the restaurant makes it difficult for customers to get at a VARIETY of them (rather than one flavor you might get with your order), that makes it very frustrating for salsa lovers. I assume all restaurants want HAPPY customers, not frustrated ones, because happy customers tend to spend more, and come back more.

To me a Mexican place that says you get only one salsa flavor with your order and that's it (when they've got several) is like going to burger joint and being told you can have ketchup only, or mustard only, or hot sauce only, pick only one.

Pattaya Mexican places have lacked salsas, generally only having one, and not a good one. Now we have a place with many fresh salsas, but without a salsa bar, it's like a chastity belt.

Here is a salsa bar at a successful USA chain with similar food offerings to Sunrise (Baja Fresh). Any customer ordering food can take from the bar as desired.

post-37101-0-32526000-1322847875_thumb.j

BTW, yes I understand offering such a salsa bar is a COST for the restaurant. However, I think not offering it is short sighted considering the potential profits of a larger pool of happy loyal frequent repeat customers. Fans of Mexican food tend to be addicted to it, but fans of Mexican food are quite usually also fans of salsas. Mexican places in the US and Mexico offer a VARIETY of salsas INCLUDED with your meal. I sincerely think many of the potential loyal base in town want a similar experience here and something short of that will ultimately disappoint.

Yes, our full salsa bar is now up and running!

Best,

Gil