Problem Thaivisa.Com

RupertIII

A few weeks ago started to get problems opening thaivisa.com., took an age to load and then would not load/display properly. About a week or so back all went back to normal, but, alas, only for a few days although then the "home" page loaded/displayed correctly but forum pages still problematic. Then just a few days ago all pages, home page included, back to not loading/displaying properly.

This occurs in both Google Chrome and IE 9, although the latter takes even longer to load.

I have no problem with any other site and our IT guy can not figure it out, works fine on his computer.

My OS is Windows 7 64 bit and do not appear to have any other problem with any other website or programme.

Anybody experienced similar and have any idea what the problem is and how to fix?

The TV site is pretty awful for me also, on occasions, as are some others.

I put it down to diabolical routing somewhere between here and there, as the same sites generally open just fine via a VPN.

We are not in Kansas any more.

I have the same problem and have had it for a long time. I used to think it was my Internet connection but when I changed my browser from Firefox to Chrome the problem disappeared. Now I use Chrome for Thai Visa on my main PC and Firefox for everything else. Strangely enough I can use Firefox on my notebook without problems.

I have written about this earlier. I have cleared all cookies, history etc. but it doesn't help. Oh I found out that stopping the loading and refreshing helps. I have no idea why.

I am on an 8 Mbps DSL line and the home page can take 10 - 15 minutes to load, and even then it does NOT load properly.

I have complained to ThaiVisa and their response was basicly... 'it's not us, it's you'.  B F'n S

I have tried different browsers, different computers and even different ISP's.  ALL THE SAME.

Come on THAIVISA...  GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER

If you are in Thailand be sure to use your local IP providers DNS server for best loading.

It is not DNS issues at all, as a nslookup / DIG finds thaivisa.com in an instant (58ms) but the web takes an age (up to 15 minutes per page if at all) - no thaivisa on speedtest.net so I assume it is a THIX (Thai Internet Exchange) issue as the local ISP's infrastructure suffers from the floods?

dig thaivisa.com

; <<>> DiG 9.7.3 <<>> thaivisa.com
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 35307
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;thaivisa.com.			IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
thaivisa.com.		141	IN	A	175.41.131.133

;; Query time: 58 msec

Any other thoughts?

Edited by jsat

Same problem discussed here :

I have to change between my default DNS (True) and another DNS provided by George in the above thread to keep the site loading properly. I need to change on average more than once a day.

Once I change (either way) the site loads very quickly. Until some time later when I need to change again.

• 1 month later...

I too have been having this same issue for several weeks now. I am on a 9Mb connection from true. I have no issues accessing the mobile site from AIS 3G. Has gotten to the point where I am not vising tv much anymore on my home pc's