Cat Trees And Cat Furniture

Tariya

Had mine made at a furniture store on Tepprasit. It was about a thousand baht, solid wood. Put the rope on myself. All the ones I've seen in stores are short--got one and my cats had to lie down to use it.

Edited by Jimmyd

If you visit Homeworks or HomePro at the back of each store they have pre-cut timber of various shapes and sizes.

You could buy a circular table top for the base, a post of suitable height, and a couple of nails or screws to fix them together. A length of rope would complete the job.

If you can make a drawing of the scratching post (with dimensions) the staff there will make it for you.

Homeworks is on Sukhumvit Road next to Big C south. HomePro is part of the Big C superstore (ex-carrefoure) on Pattaya Klang.

Thanks Jimmyd...

Will they carpet the flat parts for a price?

tariya

I imagine if you bought some carpet they'd be happy to tack it on. I just explained what I wanted and came out with a very nice thimgamabob. I wish I had asked for the top perch to be a bit bigger--the cats don't go up there. But they love the damned thing and hang all over it several times a day.

I just chose a shop at random--one that looked likely to be able to do the job as I could see the materials and stuff lying around. It's about halfway down Teprasit near Hagone Condo on the south side.

I actually dragged back half a kyleeta tree behind the car, set it in the ground and wound thick hemp rope from Home Mart around it. The cats loved it until the white ants ate it :(

Got kitty litter on Third road yesterday--not Catsan, though, the lady at the store said their factory is under water at the moment. The pet stores on Third road I went to are south of Central road on the north side about 3 or 4 hundred meters down, just past Soi Sophon Cable.

Thanks Jimmyd...

On my way to your places on Third Road, I took a chance and stopped in at BigC (ex-carrefour). They had litter, better than Catsan and cheaper than what I was paying. They also had a stock of food. So I'm all set.

• 7 months later...

Still looking!

After the flooding debacle, I found three pet stores who were willing to order from Bangkok. Months went by and they kept telling me -- "Bangkok says they ship but they not ship" They all refunded my deposits which was a pleasant surprise. Outside of Thailand, the shipping costs are prohibitive, even from Singapore. Don't want to have one made. Has anybody seen one 160cm or taller anywhere?

I have seen some cat scratching posts at the pet stall at Theprasit Night Market which is on Fridays, Sat and Sundays. (quite tall ones too)

The pet accessories stall is right at the back of the Market near the Office. I have bought from this lady many times, if she has not got it in stock, she most likely can get it for you.

Thanks for the tip about the Night Market. Where exactly is the Night Market on Thepprasit and what time does it open on Fri/Sat/Sun?

Thepprasit Road runs from Sukhumvit Road (near Tesco Lotus South and the Outlet mall) down to Thappraya Road (Jomtien). The weekend night market is about 500 metres from Sukhumvit Road, on the left if you are heading towards Jomtien..

I'm not sure of the exact opening times for the night market but 1800 hrs onwards on Fridays and Saturdays is about right.

There is a pets section of about 10-15 stalls at the rear of the market (furthest back from the road) j- behind the cooked food areas - this is at the end of the market which is nearest to Sukhumvit Road.

Some of the pet stores are open during the daytime every day, so you don't need to wait until evening.

If you are an animal lover take plenty of money - you will want to rescue a lot of cute puppies, kittens and bunnies.

• Like 1