Gps Lap Timers

ArNaSu

Has anyone got any experiance with GPS laptimers ? I've done a bit of an internet search and prices seem a little on the high side to me. Seems like around 450-900 US$.

I've read and heard talk that some of the more top end mobile phones can perform the same with an app download. Anyone tryed these. I would suspect that the gps receiver in the phone might not quite be up to the task.

I've been using the Iphone4 with Harry's Laptimer App($18.99), just have it mounted to my bike with a ram mount from Gadget trend. Pirelli also has a free laptimer app (diablo superbiker) that works very well. also.

I've been using the Iphone4 with Harry's Laptimer App($18.99), just have it mounted to my bike with a ram mount from Gadget trend. Pirelli also has a free laptimer app (diablo superbiker) that works very well. also.

I might have a look at that when I next see you at Bira if I may. Although roughly the same price as buying a dedicated gps laptimer i guess it has a wealth of other functions such as navigation stuff with map downloads etc.