Swiss Man Arrested In Pattaya Gun Incident Could Face Attempted Murder Charge

Rimmer

Swiss man arrested following gun incident at North Pattaya housing estate

04_01_55_1_4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Swiss man is behind bars following reports he expelled a firearm three times in the direction of his neighbor’s house after complaining about excessive noise. Police were called to the Pattaya Ruengreung Village in North Pattaya on Tuesday afternoon and spoke with Khun Tawatchai aged 29 who explained to Police he was enjoying the last day of the New Year with his family when Mr. Iwan Exner aged 50 from Switzerland, who lives next door, shouted at him to turn down the volume of the music. He then allegedly produced a gun and fired three times into the property. Two of the shots hit Khun Tawatchai’s pick-up which was parked in the driveway and the other went through glass close to the front entrance, narrowly missing Khun Tawatchai’s wife and young daughter who ran inside when they saw the gun. Police were called and found Mr. Exner drinking with friends at a nearby convenience store inside the Village. He was arrested and taken back to his house where the firearm and three packets of bullets were recovered. During the arrest, it is claimed by Police that Mr. Exner attempted to escape when handcuffs were repositioned and was kicked and punched by a Police Volunteer in the back of a Police vehicle as full-time officers looked-on. Mr. Exner was taken to Banglamung Police Station and charged with possession of an unlicensed firearm and use of the weapon in a public place.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-01-04

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently learned that Swiss people (in Switzerland) have similar gun ownership levels as Americans. Be afraid!

you've been given incorrect information JT. a license for a hand gun in Switzerland is not easy to obtain. fact however is that every swiss male who served in the armed forces and is of an age that he can be called for duty has his rifle and ammunition in his home.

• Like 1

I recently learned that Swiss people (in Switzerland) have similar gun ownership levels as Americans. Be afraid!
you've been given incorrect information JT. a license for a hand gun in Switzerland is not easy to obtain. fact however is that every swiss male who served in the armed forces and is of an age that he can be called for duty has his rifle and ammunition in his home.
OK, it's less, but had to look this up and according to Wiki, Swiss are 4th in the world, that's pretty high!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_gun_ownership

And i think it is still compulsory there for all men.

Yes, as most are reservists in the Swiss Army, and they cannot defend themselves with only a Swiss Army knife :)

so for a period, longer than their military service, they keep their guns at home.

One question how did the Swiss man bring the gun into Thailand, guess it was in his luggage. New Years eve noise was very intense at my apartment and kept going till 5am, I could not sleep thou knew it is only one time we celebrate so I put up with it.

What is more disturbing is the Yaba dealer that race around everyhour of the night in his Two Stroke, no muffler waking up the apartment tenants are there any laws in effect that limit the noise of a Two Stroke bike? Question 2, Does ThaiVisa have any forum linking "information T.I.P.S" for exposure of drug deals?

Why do the Swiss have so many guns and armed service/ex service personnel? They were a neutral country in WW II.

I think they border 6 or 7 countries, some of them ex USSR, so the plan is the ex service personnel can grab their gun and join the fight if invaded.

Why do poster no 11 thinks he smuggled the gun into Thailand? I been told you can easily buy a black marked gun if wanted and bring yourself into deep shit when you use it. He will properly be deported for good when finished with his jail time.

Thankfully my village is fairly expensive so most Thais/expats living in it are calm/ well educated types ans we never had any problems with load music or bad blood between people living in it.

What a strange bunch TV posters can be sometimes. Let me get this right. The Thai neighbour played loud music. The Swiss resident got a gun and fired it in the direction of the Thai neighbours wife and child and hit his pick up as well. Not even shots in the air or something that might be mitigated by a level of rage. All this and posters indicate Cheap estate = Thai neighbours with no respect. Joking right?

I think they border 6 or 7 countries, some of them ex USSR

let's leave the "thinking" to horses (they have bigger brains than us) and concentrate on facts. Switzerland borders (listed clockwise) Germany, Austria, Italy and France (beancounters would also add Liechtenstein) laugh.png

Guess this is so they can shoot down rockets with nuclear warheads , repel tanks and deter aircraft with anti air rifles HUH ?

correct!

What a strange bunch TV posters can be sometimes. Let me get this right. The Thai neighbour played loud music. The Swiss resident got a gun and fired it in the direction of the Thai neighbours wife and child and hit his pick up as well. Not even shots in the air or something that might be mitigated by a level of rage. All this and posters indicate Cheap estate = Thai neighbours with no respect. Joking right?

I am not sure either what's going on here. That Swiss guy is obviously a dangerous nut case, let's hope they kick him out of the country. There's absolutely no excuse for firing their gun where they could hit people. Not even loud music.

Khun Tawatchai aged 29 who explained to Police he was enjoying the last day of the New Year with his family when Mr. Iwan Exner aged 50 from Switzerland, who lives next door, shouted at him to turn down the volume of the music.

I have a degree of sympathy for the Swiss chap, I'd put goods odds on it wasn't the first time he asked them to turn it down a bit.

• Like 1

Guess this is so they can shoot down rockets with nuclear warheads , repel tanks and deter aircraft with anti air rifles HUH ?

not known to everybody is the fact that Switzerland manufacturers and exports top of the line sophisticated weaponry and weapon accessories. of course Swiss rifles are not meant to shoot down rockets or destroy tanks. but neither are rifles or handguns of any other army.

Khun Tawatchai aged 29 who explained to Police he was enjoying the last day of the New Year with his family when Mr. Iwan Exner aged 50 from Switzerland, who lives next door, shouted at him to turn down the volume of the music.

I have a degree of sympathy for the Swiss chap, I'd put goods odds on it wasn't the first time he asked them to turn it down a bit.

On New Year's Eve?

But then, even if they played loud music often, this is no excuse whatsoever to fire on them. Based on the limited info we have, I don't feel sympathy for him.

• Like 1

What a strange bunch TV posters can be sometimes. ... All this and posters indicate Cheap estate = Thai neighbours with no respect. Joking right?

Just repeat to yourself: " Thai bad, Farang good," and you'll feel right at home here at TV.

As said, when you live in a cheap crappy villiage, crappy neighbours are part of the deal ....

Anyway, guy sounds like a dangerous nut and should be deported or locked up for attempted murder

On New Year's Eve?

But then, even if they played loud music often, this is no excuse whatsoever to fire on them. Based on the limited info we have, I don't feel sympathy for him.

Important words "based on the limited info we have"

Walk a mile in another man's shoes ..... not only will you be a mile away, but you'll also have his shoes.

EVERY Swiss male must have a gun in the house , by law. Gun ownership is 100% in Switzerland, hence the high number of gun attacks, remember the guy who attacked the parliament building and massacred 14.

The post about difficulty obtaining a Swiss gun licence is completely wrong, that is only for foreigners

One question how did the Swiss man bring the gun into Thailand, guess it was in his luggage. New Years eve noise was very intense at my apartment and kept going till 5am, I could not sleep thou knew it is only one time we celebrate so I put up with it.

What is more disturbing is the Yaba dealer that race around everyhour of the night in his Two Stroke, no muffler waking up the apartment tenants are there any laws in effect that limit the noise of a Two Stroke bike? Question 2, Does ThaiVisa have any forum linking "information T.I.P.S" for exposure of drug deals?

Surely you jest....noise level laws in Thailand???? Can't even imagine enforcing that one...the cops would be doing nothing else

I have learned that many Thai´s love to make noise all the time, and don´t care about if their neighbours like it or not. I can easily imagine, that the loud music in this house was performed with open windows and doors.

Edited by Xonax