Family Friendly Villages

Sakeopete

Last month my wife and I were looking at villages in and around Hua Hin. There are many nice choices however most seem occupied by vacationers and pensioners. We are moving our family of 6 and looking to eventually buy or build a home in the area.

My question is what villages are there that have young familys rather than retired folk? It would be nice if our children would have other children to play with. Also I hate to move to a village of pensioners with my kids as they like to be a bit noisy as kids tend to be. Don't want to make other residents angry by disturbing their peace and quiet.

Anyone have suggestions of family friendly villages?

Thanks

"Villages" has a different meaning in this country, although that's where you will find (Thai) families with kids. All the developments I've been in around Hua Hin consist of mostly retirees or second homes that are only occupied from 1 to 3 months per year.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any areas around Hua Hin to avoid? I see developments everywhere and we would like to buy a house rather than rent. However I know nothing about the area.

We were thinking about renting first but it is a waste of money and I hate renting.

We were thinking west Hua Hin, any comments on that area?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Orchid Palm Homes seems to be very good developments (5 so far) in west Hua Hin off Soi 88. There must be some rentals available there as well as to-be-built and pre-owned homes for sale. They have their own gourmet restaurant there too so you don't have to go into town a lot. There is also Naab Thong Restaurant which has good Thai and Western food at very cheap prices right down the road.