Bike Electrics Repair / Alternator Replacement

afx

Anyone know of a decent garage with competent auto electrician in Bangkok ?

My Yamaha Nuovo only draws from the battery and does not put power back into it.

I found a small repair shop near Lumpini police station where I finally made the guy understand what an alternator was / what the problem is (the previous 4 didn't).

Anyway he took the side panel off and disconnected the battery while the bike was running and ran a wire from positive bike cable and sparking it on the bike steel and saying it is charging the battery. I wasn't convinced having just put new 600 BHT decent quality battery on 10 days after the previous new 600 BHT battery went flat.

Anyway no surprise the battery is flat again. If anyone knows somewhere they have less crude means of checking electrics (voltmeter?) that would be great.

not sure the setup on small bikes but what he did is the standard Thai way of checking a stator, next thing to check would be the regulator which keeps the stator voltage under control, you need someone with experience to look at this for you, it the voltage from the regulator is below the battery voltage it will not charge the battery, a simple meter test will determine exactly what is going on