Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about the saints comeback! Wow...

I thought I was definitely in there with a shot!

Dees obviously suffering from Jurrah withdrawals to get them over the line in the territory tongue.png

You nearly had both thumbsup.gif . Port was up by 49 points at one stage. I listened on the radio to the last half of the 4th quarter

Yeah even more upsets than I could have tipped! Hahaha...

5 matches to go and good to have at least a game in hand over Freo, just enough breathing space to allow us to drop a game if need be. We might even be sitting 3rd come end of next week.

A couple of tough games to round out the regular season will have us firing for finals. Add in inclusions such as Goodes, Reid, Jetta, Shaw and hopefully a fully fit Rohan - I reckon LRT's done for this season (if he hasn't already been declared as such) - and the prospects of going back to back are a real possibility.

I might even book the flights to Melbourne now just in case :P

I watched the game and enjoyed it today. The 2nd quarter was very good. I checked the players from the first round compared to today's team. There were 9 names missing all from injuries. The new boys have really matured in a short time to fit into the Swans team. White impressed today. Next week they play Richmond. Richmond has defeated Sydney.the last 2 times they have played. It could be interesting. Those wins were in Melbourne and they are playing at the SCG. Hopefully they will win.

I watched the game and enjoyed it today. The 2nd quarter was very good. I checked the players from the first round compared to today's team. There were 9 names missing all from injuries. The new boys have really matured in a short time to fit into the Swans team. White impressed today. Next week they play Richmond.  Richmond has defeated Sydney.the last 2 times they have played. It could be interesting. Those wins were in Melbourne and they are playing at the SCG. Hopefully they will win.

9 guys?! Remarkable they have kept winning.

Anyone see the freo Richmond game? I was out and about and missed it

I was out and about today as well and couldn't get a feed to stream so relied on the wireless..

Luke Parker might get the nod this week for the NAB rising star having (judging by the Triple M commentary team) played an awesome game...

I just read that Rohan and Shaw will be in the selection mix for next weekend. If Malco is carrying an injury that he appeared to pick up today, then Shaw will slot in perfectly. Gary picked up another 3 goals in the reserves today, which, with all due respect, is a phenomenal effort for a kid who snapped his leg 15 months ago and really was looking like pulling the plug on an otherwise promising career in the red and white.

Agree about Jesse White, the threat of trade last year has really made him take notice of his potential.

Tippett continues to impress with his work rate and I think he believes that the his new side can help deliver the best out of him (no offense Frozfromoz)

Rampe has ramped up as well and could pip Parker for the NAB nod for this week.

Amazing turns of fortune for both Sydney and Freo this year in terms of their list management and maintaining competitive advantages in the face of massive injury tolls. In the past, both these sides would have succumbed to the mounting toll, Sydney were good enough to maintain at least a showing in September, but were never in the hunt for the last Saturday.

There's been 4 dominant sides this year compared to the usual 1 or 2 of the past couple of seasons and one of those four are still outside the enviable 'top 4'.

It will be interesting to see where the ASADA vs Essendon saga will factor come September and what sanctions (if any) the AFL imposes. I do hope it won't be retrospective and is sorted before at least the end of the last round of the regular season.

What will the MRP have for us this week?

Essendon v Hawthorn this week.

We should see if Essendon is a genuine contender from this game.

As mentioned above,what will come of the ASADA investigation? if found they have used the banned substances then the AFL would surely have no choice but to strip Essendon's points for this year?

Just checked the scores after being away in the back of Nakon Nowhere. Another debacle by the saints I see. Anyway I see the saints news, 16 senior players will be delisted at the end of this year only Reiwolt and Hayes to be spared at mentors. Sandringham not happy as this means they lose their team core as players move up to the saints.

Just checked the scores after being away in the back of Nakon Nowhere. Another debacle by the saints I see. Anyway I see the saints news, 16 senior players will be delisted at the end of this year only Reiwolt and Hayes to be spared at mentors. Sandringham not happy as this means they lose their team core as players move up to the saints.

They almost won that one Chooka...they were 50 points behind or something?

16 players delisted? Wow...

I think this rounds going to be a bit more relaxed in terms of speculative upsets :P

Here we go:

Hawthorn - A crushing defeat of Esssendon would be most welcome.

Gold Coast - Should be a good game

North Melbourne (I was tempted to go with Melbourne though)

Collingwood - surely they couldn't get beaten 2 weeks in a row by expansion clubs :P

Geelong

Adelaide - It wouldn't be fun without a huge gamble ;)

Port Adelaide - though having tipped them at home, they'll probably lose

Western Bulldogs - A fairly big effort required by the Eagles to lift after last week, they're not really in the kind of form that screams "we can win away". To be fair, their home form doesn't exactly scream it either. But interesting to see the agencies disagree with me.

Sydney - Although a bogey side of late when in Melbourne, I think we've got the list to defeat the Tiges and solidify our top 4 position.

Just for fun, should I be so inclined... A $10 investment with a firm starting with T would provide me with a return of $1028 if those tips come through :D

• Like 1