Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Also, tipping all the under dogs in this round will for the same amount make you an instant $AUD millionaire! biggrin.pngtongue.pnglaugh.pngfacepalm.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Nice one.

Tom or TAB have a winnings estimator for your bets do they?

The latter ;)

That young Waterhouse chap droves me nuts with his stupid ads on TV...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think this rounds going to be a bit more relaxed in terms of speculative upsets tongue.png

Here we go:

Hawthorn - A crushing defeat of Esssendon would be most welcome.

Gold Coast - Should be a good game

North Melbourne (I was tempted to go with Melbourne though)

Collingwood - surely they couldn't get beaten 2 weeks in a row by expansion clubs tongue.png

Geelong

Adelaide - It wouldn't be fun without a huge gamble wink.png

Port Adelaide - though having tipped them at home, they'll probably lose

Western Bulldogs - A fairly big effort required by the Eagles to lift after last week, they're not really in the kind of form that screams "we can win away". To be fair, their home form doesn't exactly scream it either. But interesting to see the agencies disagree with me.

Sydney - Although a bogey side of late when in Melbourne, I think we've got the list to defeat the Tiges and solidify our top 4 position.

Just for fun, should I be so inclined... A $10 investment with a firm starting with T would provide me with a return of $1028 if those tips come through biggrin.png

As a West Coaster, I agree with you about the WB.

Nic Nat already ruled out along with Shuey.

I don't know what the odds are for WB, but I reckon

they're well worth a punt.

I think this rounds going to be a bit more relaxed in terms of speculative upsets tongue.png

Here we go:

Hawthorn - A crushing defeat of Esssendon would be most welcome.

Gold Coast - Should be a good game

North Melbourne (I was tempted to go with Melbourne though)

Collingwood - surely they couldn't get beaten 2 weeks in a row by expansion clubs tongue.png

Geelong

Adelaide - It wouldn't be fun without a huge gamble wink.png

Port Adelaide - though having tipped them at home, they'll probably lose

Western Bulldogs - A fairly big effort required by the Eagles to lift after last week, they're not really in the kind of form that screams "we can win away". To be fair, their home form doesn't exactly scream it either. But interesting to see the agencies disagree with me.

Sydney - Although a bogey side of late when in Melbourne, I think we've got the list to defeat the Tiges and solidify our top 4 position.

Just for fun, should I be so inclined... A $10 investment with a firm starting with T would provide me with a return of $1028 if those tips come through biggrin.png

WB also played okay last week. West Coast still firm favourites though

They were paying about $A3.29 when I put my tips on...

They were paying about $A3.29 when I put my tips on...

$3.50 now, but might be less for a par-lay style bet?

Do you have a bet most round Grantsmith?

$3.50 now, but might be less for a par-lay style bet?

Do you have a bet most round Grantsmith?

I did randomly in 2011, the one week I didn't throw a cheeky tenner on, murphy's law. I didn't bet in 2012, I should have, 3 perfect rounds last season. This year being based in BKK, I hadn't given it too much thought until yesterday.

Might be a cheeky $50 going over the next 5 weeks :P

Also, tipping all the under dogs in this round will for the same amount make you an instant $AUD millionaire! biggrin.pngtongue.pnglaugh.pngfacepalm.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Nice one.

Tom or TAB have a winnings estimator for your bets do they?

The latter wink.png

That young Waterhouse chap droves me nuts with his stupid ads on TV...

And just for posterity, Master Waterhouse is paying out $100 less for the same multi bet coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Hi guys. In for a penny, in for a pound. Tips for Round 18:

Hawthorn

Carlton

North Melb

Collingwood

Geelong

Adelaide :-)

Port

W Bulldogs

Sydney.

Big win for the boys last week Foz!

Can they pull it off against Freo?

Not sure BM but have to tip em anyway. Track record shows they have done well in the past.
  • Like 1

So I'm in the office at the moment and no TV here, so I log into wiziwig to get a live stream, pull up a Eurosports live feed, in some eastern european language.

Giving a totally different perspective to this great game tongue.png

Yeah I love those ones...I tried to match it once with MMM coverage via the AFL website but there was a delay in the wiziwig feed so I already knew what was happening. biggrin.png

My connection is slow here so i use this one ..175kbps..it is okay on small screen

http://nutjob.eu/njtvx6.html

Hawthorn were awesome last night. High quality play, lots of marking and long kicks and smooth handball and short kicking. A pleasure to watch the game.

Both Sydney and Freo will need some of their top players back to beat the Hawks (if they play like that) in the finals. While Sydney and Freo play differently from Essendon and wont allow them the same space, they'll need to kick goals to win. Would be difficult to shut down the Hawks completely with them having so many goal scoring options.

Of course Sydney has Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn in their last 4 games for some decent practice tongue.png

Agree that Hawthorn played rather well last night and there's probably 3 teams that are able to match it with them.

Freo, Geelong and Sydney..

Freo are able to do it at their bes, fully fit and rested i.e having a decent break between their clash.

Geelong, no further comment really needed. They are who they are and we all know how good they can be.

Sydney, like Geelong we've seen how good they are over the last few seasons. They obviously need to turn up for all 4 quarters. At their best, clinical in their control of the game.

As BookMan said these teams won't enable Hawthorns running and open play. Freo if tiring will allow it to open up.

Sydney have some strong games to close out a top 4 spot. Having all but secured a showing in September, they've got to be looking at locking away a top 4 spot over the next couple of rounds.

But this ASADA vs Essendon thing really needs to be put to bed, one way or the other.

Rioli had some good passages of play last night...such a valuable player and exciting to watch.

Hawks were favourite for the GF win last year and looked what happen. Even the first quarter it looked like they would run away with it...Much like how they played last night. Of course Sydney had its full compliment of stars for the GF last years.

On Sydney. I read today that Alex Johnson's operation has failed and he will have to have another one. When you look at the interchange bench for this Sunday, Sydney have

Jed Lamb

Brandon Jack

Harry Cunningham

Tom Mitchell

All having made their debut this season...

We also didn't have our speedster Gary Rohan last year either. Seen him up against Jetta and he's about a metre quicker. So imagine that scene last year with Rioli and Jetta, add a fully fit Rohan to that mix and the mouth salivates at the prospect.

Hawks are again favorites this year, but the Swans are second.

I heard Biggs was elevated to the senior list this week as well. Seems he's been added as an emergency.

We also didn't have our speedster Gary Rohan last year either. Seen him up against Jetta and he's about a metre quicker. So imagine that scene last year with Rioli and Jetta, add a fully fit Rohan to that mix and the mouth salivates at the prospect.

Hawks are again favorites this year, but the Swans are second.

I heard Biggs was elevated to the senior list this week as well. Seems he's been added as an emergency.

I didn't know that Rohan was as fast as that. It will be something to see them on the field together, fit and in form.

Been watching the Gold Coat v Carlton game. Gold Coast has not given up at any stage, no panic. Carlton have been inaccurate and ill disciplined at times. Currently Carlton is 9.17, Gold Coast 9.8. near the end of the third. Lots to like about Gold Coast with this game.

Malthouse still has a lot of work to do with Carlton...maybe he is part of the problem?

Gold Coast on the other hand will be very enthused with this game...

But this ASADA vs Essendon thing really needs to be put to bed, one way or the other.

Yep. Either the players did take it or they didn't. So either a ban or not.

Im sure all the teams outside the current 8 are factoring in that Essendon might lose their points

I think Freo have gone off the boil this past month.

I think there's a bit of a gap after the Hawks, Syd and Geelong now.

For Freo, to get to the GF, I think they just need to have Pav and co

back in the side.

It's that close though, it will be real hard to pick a winner in the GF.

As we all know, it's on the day and you have to take your chances.

Geelong didn't when the Hawks got them in 2008 and again last year

against Syd.

I think Freo have gone off the boil this past month.

I think there's a bit of a gap after the Hawks, Syd and Geelong now.

For Freo, to get to the GF, I think they just need to have Pav and co

back in the side.

It's that close though, it will be real hard to pick a winner in the GF.

As we all know, it's on the day and you have to take your chances.

Geelong didn't when the Hawks got them in 2008 and again last year

against Syd.

I think the injury toll has been too much for Freo to absorb long term. Adelaide is a decent chance against them tonight. Should Freo lose...good for the Swans tongue.png .

My fantasy $100 upset bet goes to the Brisbane game tomorrow though.