Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Upset on the cards in the GWS v Collingwood game?

GWS up by 16 points at half time...and looking the better team

Not anymore. Collingwood up by 40 in 4th Quarter.

News on ABC TV. David Evans has resigned from the Essendon football club.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Freo have gone off the boil this past month.

I think there's a bit of a gap after the Hawks, Syd and Geelong now.

For Freo, to get to the GF, I think they just need to have Pav and co

back in the side.

It's that close though, it will be real hard to pick a winner in the GF.

As we all know, it's on the day and you have to take your chances.

Geelong didn't when the Hawks got them in 2008 and again last year

against Syd.

I think the injury toll has been too much for Freo to absorb long term. Adelaide is a decent chance against them tonight. Should Freo lose...good for the Swans tongue.png .

My fantasy $100 upset bet goes to the Brisbane game tomorrow though.

Methinks you should put your Bradman on the WB for tomorrow's game.

With Glass and LeCras now out, that makes 10 first starters.

And away from home.

Upset on the cards in the GWS v Collingwood game?

GWS up by 16 points at half time...and looking the better team

Not anymore. Collingwood up by 40 in 4th Quarter.

News on ABC TV. David Evans has resigned from the Essendon football club.

couldn't hold out in the end..Cameron got seven goals for GWS

I think Freo have gone off the boil this past month.

I think there's a bit of a gap after the Hawks, Syd and Geelong now.

For Freo, to get to the GF, I think they just need to have Pav and co

back in the side.

It's that close though, it will be real hard to pick a winner in the GF.

As we all know, it's on the day and you have to take your chances.

Geelong didn't when the Hawks got them in 2008 and again last year

against Syd.

I think the injury toll has been too much for Freo to absorb long term. Adelaide is a decent chance against them tonight. Should Freo lose...good for the Swans tongue.png .

My fantasy $100 upset bet goes to the Brisbane game tomorrow though.

Methinks you should put your Bradman on the WB for tomorrow's game.

With Glass and LeCras now out, that makes 10 first starters.

And away from home.

WB is your longshot bet Will?

WB in to $2.55. WCE $1.55. WB might be favourites at this rate

Brisbane is paying $3.00

But this ASADA vs Essendon thing really needs to be put to bed, one way or the other.

Yep. Either the players did take it or they didn't. So either a ban or not.

Im sure all the teams outside the current 8 are factoring in that Essendon might lose their points

David Evans has just stood down, might be a big bomb coming.

But this ASADA vs Essendon thing really needs to be put to bed, one way or the other.

Yep. Either the players did take it or they didn't. So either a ban or not.

Im sure all the teams outside the current 8 are factoring in that Essendon might lose their points

David Evans has just stood down, might be a big bomb coming.

Intentional pun there chooka? tongue.png

• Like 1

Looking at the score in the St Kilda Geelong game...

Chooka, I'm calling the ambulance for you now....just in case you blow a heart valve

Nah I survived and watched the whole miserable thing. Even Melbourne didn't get thumped by such a large score down at the Cattery. Now who deserves that extra priority pick, the saints or the demons? Ist quarter was good all tied up at 1/4 time then the saints kick a grand total of 11 points for the last 3 quarters.

Edited by chooka

Riled Robinson to tell all on Hird

Former Essendon high-performance boss Dean Robinson will break his silence in a paid television interview on Monday night, intensifying pressure on the Bombers as well as coach James Hird.

Robinson has a diametrical view to Hird over what happened in 2012 during the club's administering of a contentious injecting program, and is ready to deliver a tell-all on the Seven Network in an interview with commentator Luke Darcy.

Robinson, who was signed on a three-year deal in September 2011, is also planning to sue his former club, after he was suspended on February5, the day the Bombers self-reported to the AFL and ASADA. He resigned on Friday, with his lawyer David Galbally confirming that he planned to begin legal action in the Supreme Court this week ''for breaches of their duties towards him as an employee''.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/riled-robinson-to-tell-all-on-hird-20130727-2qrac.html

Edited by BookMan

I don't mean any disrespect to the Swans team or their supporters here but I would like to see Richmond do the right thing by the dockers this afternoon.rolleyes.gif

I think they are a big chance. When I was allocating the tips I accidentally gave everyone Richmond as their tip. I had to fix my mistake. It could have been a bad omen.

I don't mean any disrespect to the Swans team or their supporters here but I would like to see Richmond do the right thing by the dockers this afternoon.rolleyes.gif

I also had hopes for Adelaide last night. tongue.png. Sydney needs a two game buffer to allow for Geelong and Hawks at end of season

What did you think of Freo's efforts last night Ron?

I think they are a big chance. When I was allocating the tips I accidentally gave everyone Richmond as their tip. I had to fix my mistake. It could have been a bad omen.

I hope not biggrin.png

Watching the GF highlights from 2012 last night, these are the Swans players missing:

Mitch Morton (form)

Goodes (injury)

Jetta (injury)

Roberts-thomson (injury)

Mattner (retired)

Reid (injured)

Alex Johnson (injured)

I also had hopes for Adelaide last night. tongue.png. Sydney needs a two game buffer to allow for Geelong and Hawks at end of season

What did you think of Freo's efforts last night Ron?

I thought they did well under the circumstances,also thought the umpires let far too much go.It's no wonder so many players are getting injured.

Gripping game so far in the final match of the round...

Tigers pounced early... The ugly ducklings living up to their name with a slowish start..

Kicked back into the lead midway through the first term...

This is going to be a good game!

• Like 1

Gripping game so far in the final match of the round...

Tigers pounced early... The ugly ducklings living up to their name with a slowish start..

Kicked back into the lead midway through the first term...

This is going to be a good game!

We need tippet to make an impact

Looking like an upset in the wce game by the score

Yeah the Tiges are not out if this game by any stretch, Tippett needs to fire up a bit more and throw his weight around..

Going to be a cracking 2nd half, and glad the wife changed plans at the last minute so I can catch it on the stream.

• Like 1

How's the lumberjack's season!

20 goals this year for the big fella!

Highest scorer for the Swans?

Swannies on fire. Jack having a ripper

He's up there..

How was Jessie White's long bomb! Holy Jesus h Christ! Mcveigh was not happy about it lol

K Jack is having a captains knock that's for sure, he looks quicker than I've seen him play this year...

Reiwoldts had plenty of work to do and copped a couple of big knocks too..

Wondering if the Tiges are caught chasing their tails...

Final term about to get underway...

J White 4 Goals

Tippett 3

K Jack has 2

There are 5 winners this week with 8/9 Ron Bookman Gazman Fozfromoz and Chooka. Well done. Here are the results

Afl TV tips....docx

Great result for the Swans

47 points.. That'll do me!

A lot to like about today's win. Even with the injuries the gaps were plugged. I would have to put Sydney , Hawthorn and Geelong as the three top teams now.

Good to see Jesse White kicking 4 goals and building his confidence. He copped a spray from McVeigh and fair enough..he was a long way out and didn't turn and look for better options

One other player I am really liking is Rampe in defence, getting better by the week. Unhurried under pressure and is making much better disposal decisions than his early games

Exactly, the somewhat permanent spot fillers have really sured up an otherwise damaging season.

Gerard Healy and Roosey were discussing the chink in the Red & White army - defensive stock.

We lose say a Malceski or a Smith or a Richards and the back six stocks are stretched pretty thin. But Roosey made the point that we have such a surplus in the midfield that they would be shifted to the back line to pick up the slack. I'd even stick Everitt in the back line. He's deceptively quick and can really give it a hoist...

Tom Mitchell continues to impress and he too was subjected to a McVeigh spray last week..

Next week will further define the top 4 with Freo and the Bombers having tough assignments - Freo taking on the Blues (who are still in the race for the top 8 or solidify 9th spot bearing in mind Windy Hillgate still has to play out) in Melbourne and the Bombers taking on the Pies...

Top 3 have relatively easy assignments: Hawthorn probably has the toughest facing a Tigers outfit smarting from a heavy defeat...

Geelong has North Melbourne at Etihad.. This could prove the Cats undoing..

Swans have the Dogs, in Melbourne at Etihad.

Be interesting what the MRP will surprise us with, have a feeling there'll be a few Swans waiting for a phone call on Monday afternoon...

Which swans do u think will be cited?

I'd be favouring essendon for sure. unless there is some bad club news.

Probably Carlton, but depends on freo injury list. Neither team excited me this week.

Edited by BookMan

Which swans do u think will be cited?I'd be favouring essendon for sure. unless there is some bad club news.Probably Carlton, but depends on freo injury list. Neither team excited me this week.

I think Jessie White might get sighted for that nonsense with (I think) Ellis, after a late tackle - that should have resulted in 50 - on Lamb after a mark. Bit of not much, but this is the MRP.

Grundy might get looked at also when Reiwoldt went down the 2nd time, he shouldn't, but as above, the MRP is the MRP.

As for Essendon, heard they're ex High Performance Coach who was sacked a few days before the beginning of this ASADA thing is going to be dropping a bombshell tomorrow, revealing his knowledge on who knew what. Apparently part of his wrongful termination law suit.

Not sure if the interview is on the show "On The Couch" or not but I think Mike Sheehan's conducting the interview.