• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We won't be going down Lygon Street for a late feed, I can tell you that

Fremantle coach Ross Lyon

Fremantle will be well chufffed with that win. They should win their next 4 games, the only challenge being Port. This could put them 2nd or 3rd on the ladder w00t.gif

Melb

GWS

Port

St Kilda.

They shouldn't have to extend too much in those games so will be well rested come finals.

I'm not sure that Mick's verbal sprays of his players in public and private is the best way to achieve results in modern footy. Thoughts anyone?

AN ANGRY Mick Malthouse has savaged his Carlton players following their 36-point loss to Fremantle on Saturday night, saying at least 10 Blues had "absolute stinkers".

The Blues coach accused his team of not being hard enough, and of being taught a lesson in work rate and sticking to a gameplan by the visiting team.

He also described the performances of small forwards Chris Yarran and Eddie Betts as "horrible", and challenged Marc Murphy to rise above the close attention from taggers, after he was well beaten by Ryan Crowley.

"I don't think we were hard at all," Malthouse said.

"I've got a lot of admiration for Fremantle.

"The envy of my squad is the fact that they work hard, they work together, they work longer, they're highly disciplined, they don't panic and they finish well.

"They did all of those things tonight, and we did all the reverse of that."http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-03/mick-furious-after-freo-loss

I'm not sure that Mick's verbal sprays of his players in public and private is the best way to achieve results in modern footy. Thoughts anyone?

AN ANGRY Mick Malthouse has savaged his Carlton players following their 36-point loss to Fremantle on Saturday night, saying at least 10 Blues had "absolute stinkers".

The Blues coach accused his team of not being hard enough, and of being taught a lesson in work rate and sticking to a gameplan by the visiting team.

He also described the performances of small forwards Chris Yarran and Eddie Betts as "horrible", and challenged Marc Murphy to rise above the close attention from taggers, after he was well beaten by Ryan Crowley.

"The envy of my squad is the fact that they work hard, they work together, they work longer, they're highly disciplined, they don't panic and they finish well.

"They did all of those things tonight, and we did all the reverse of that."http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-03/mick-furious-after-freo-loss

Mate

Don't get me started on Malthouse on a Sunday morning.

But now that you mention itbiggrin.png

The Ron Barassi (legend) days of castigating the players in public have long gone.

I remember when Terry Wallace was coaching Richmond and he grabbed a young

player by the shoulder at 3 quarter time and gave him a shake whilst asking for more.

He got destroyed in the press. We're a much more "touchy feely" society now.

Malthouse is so theatrical as he knows the camera's are on him. Clarkson is the only

other coach who erupts but it's usually against a wall, ceiling or umpire. I reckon the

players would play for Malthouse out of fear, not respect.

He gave Andrew Walker a terrible spray a few weeks ago and it was hard not to feel sorry

for him. I was hoping Walker would tell him to <deleted> off. There is no need to belittle someone

in public.

Despite him winning 2 flags with WCE, he didn't leave too many friends behind when he left WA,

which in my mind says a lot about the man.

Mick must be feeling the pressure. As Mark McClure said, "we ain't paying this guy a million dollars

a year to finish 8th or ninth".

Rant overbiggrin.png

BTW Anyone else think Eddie Betts might have to revisit his asking price of $600 000whistling.gif

I am sure that what you say is correct and you only have to look at the different coaching styles of Ross Lyon and Mick Malthouse to confirm that.Mick although he didn't mention Ross by name even agrees with that.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif .

Swans v Bulldogs game sounds like a good contest.

Can't get any vision online but am listening to the radio online

I watched the game. The Bulldogs put it up to the Swans. A comment made during the game was that Swans were playing themselves. The Bulldogs played very well. The Swans led by only 8 points with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd Quarter. Swans then kicked 3 goals for a 26 point lead at 3/4 time. A good win and are now 2nd on the ladder.

I watched the game. The Bulldogs put it up to the Swans. A comment made during the game was that Swans were playing themselves. The Bulldogs played very well. The Swans led by only 8 points with about 2 minutes to go in the 3rd Quarter. Swans then kicked 3 goals for a 26 point lead at 3/4 time. A good win and are now 2nd on the ladder.

Collingwood giving it to Essendon today (half time)... Swans wont be happy with that. Game is at ANZ stadium next week in Sydney which suits Cllingwood

i hope that the Bombers quiet literally beat the living crap out of the Pies in the second half !

btw in your opinions who are the most hated team in the AFL ?

More like the pies are beating the crap out of Essendon laugh.png . What a shellacking!

I think the most hated team in the AFL is becoming whichever one Mick Malthouse coaches tongue.png

• Like 2

Just watching the replay now at home..

Great to see Rhys Shaw back!

• Like 1

How did Shaw play in his first game back?

An interesting stat for the game was the top 3 disposal winners for the game were Bulldogs players.

Watching the last 2 quarters of the collingwood game.. No way Sydney is going to give them that amount of space.

Troubled former AFL star Ben Cousins was reportedly bashed following an argument with another man at a Perth park yesterday afternoon.

The Brownlow Medal winner, 35, was in a park in East Fremantle about 4.45pm when he was approached by a man shouting "I am going to kill you", the West Australian reports.

Cousins was then allegedly assaulted in front of several of his relatives, including children.

During the scuffle Cousins was thrown to the ground, WA Today reports.

Both Cousins and the alleged attacker, described as a suspected bikie, had left the park before police arrived.

The alleged attack was reported by an onlooker and no official complaint was made by Cousins.

The former West Coast Eagles star was sacked by his team because of a worsening addiction to methamphetamine in 2007.

He joined Richmond in 2009 before retiring the following year.

Author: Nick Pearson. Approving editor: Fiona Willan

• Like 1

Troubled former AFL star Ben Cousins was reportedly bashed following an argument with another man at a Perth park yesterday afternoon. The Brownlow Medal winner, 35, was in a park in East Fremantle about 4.45pm when he was approached by a man shouting "I am going to kill you", the West Australian reports. Cousins was then allegedly assaulted in front of several of his relatives, including children. During the scuffle Cousins was thrown to the ground, WA Today reports. Both Cousins and the alleged attacker, described as a suspected bikie, had left the park before police arrived. The alleged attack was reported by an onlooker and no official complaint was made by Cousins. The former West Coast Eagles star was sacked by his team because of a worsening addiction to methamphetamine in 2007. He joined Richmond in 2009 before retiring the following year. Author: Nick Pearson. Approving editor: Fiona Willan

Ben Cousins downfall was a sad affair.

Bikie ...argument...death threats...meth use history. Doesn't sound good

Troubled former AFL star Ben Cousins was reportedly bashed following an argument with another man at a Perth park yesterday afternoon. The Brownlow Medal winner, 35, was in a park in East Fremantle about 4.45pm when he was approached by a man shouting "I am going to kill you", the West Australian reports. Cousins was then allegedly assaulted in front of several of his relatives, including children. During the scuffle Cousins was thrown to the ground, WA Today reports. Both Cousins and the alleged attacker, described as a suspected bikie, had left the park before police arrived. The alleged attack was reported by an onlooker and no official complaint was made by Cousins. The former West Coast Eagles star was sacked by his team because of a worsening addiction to methamphetamine in 2007. He joined Richmond in 2009 before retiring the following year. Author: Nick Pearson. Approving editor: Fiona Willan

John Kizon will look after him.

• Like 1

The MRP's statement for the week...

What's going on down there at AFL House... The MRP on the same gear as Essendon?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-05/mrp-full-statement-round-19

Was there one in particular that was a standout?

Im watching the Swans reply of game and just saw the Mumford one from the first quarter

Contact between the Sydney Swans' Shane Mumford and the Western Bulldogs' Robert Murphy from the first quarter of Sunday's match was assessed. It was the view of the panel the force used was below that required to constitute a report.

Cant see my tips chaning for round 20...here they are:

Hawthorn

Richmond

Geelong

Carlton

Gold Coast

Sydney

Essendon

Kangaroos

Freo

I think Collingwood will be done over by Sydney.

WB i do rate a chance v Carlton...

North has let me down all season but Ill stay with them this game.

It is in Sydney's hands to make the top 2 this season. They don't have to worry about outside results, they can get there themselves

Hawthorn

Richmond

Geelong

Carlton

Gold Coast

Sydney

Essendon

Kangaroos

Freo

It is in Sydney's hands to make the top 2 this season. They don't have to worry about outside results, they can get there themselves

Gee, you've got them in early. That's very courageous of youbiggrin.png

Hawthorn

Richmond

Geelong

Carlton

Gold Coast

Sydney

Essendon

Kangaroos

Freo

These 9/9 rounds are easy to pick Will27... whistling.gif

• Like 2

Hawthorn

Richmond

Geelong

Carlton

Gold Coast

Sydney

Essendon

Kangaroos

Freo

These 9/9 rounds are easy to pick Will27... whistling.gif

BookMan's breaking earlyrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Well said Ron

Well said Ron

When Cousins was much younger and just starting to stuff up his life with drugs and trying to become a Northbridge identity, Kizon tried to get him to get off the shit and concentrate on footy. Without success.