Geelong

Western Bulldogs

Swans

Gold Coast

Essendon

Adelaide

Fremantle

He's gone the doggies!

They played very well against the Swans. If they play the same way they will win. I know a week is a long time.

Edit

Remember everyone hates the team that Malthouse coaches

Edited by ripstanley

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I  will post mine early as well

Hawthorn

Richmond

Geelong

Western Bulldogs

Swans

Gold Coast

Essendon

Adelaide

Fremantle

He's gone the doggies!

They played very well against the Swans. If they play the same way they will win. I know a week is a long time.

Edit

Remember everyone hates the team that Malthouse coaches

I watched the replay of the swans game today and the bulldogs did play well.

I expect carlton's big names will have to step up this week and perform

JAMES Hird has hit back at "unfounded rumours" suggesting he would be ordered to stand down as Essendon coach this week.

The speculation about Hird's future emanated out of Adelaide, where former Crows skipper Mark Ricciuto took to radio station Triple M to report the Bombers coach had been given an ultimatum.

"I received a phone call earlier on from a man who would know, and said that his source, a very, very reliable source ... has said that if James Hird doesn't resign by Thursday someone else might make the decision for him," Ricciuto told his South Australian audience.

The club was swift to deny the claim.

"It's factually incorrect and categorically untrue," Essendon spokesman Justin Rodski told AFL.com.au on Monday night.

• Like 1

Apparently (listening to sports tonight 3aw) the AFL are trying to come to an agreement with Essendon. The players will escape infraction notices, James Hird to step down, loss of points for this year, loss of draft picks in 2013 and Watson may loose the Brownlow but no ban on playing. Means they will start with a clean slate for 2014, team intact.

Apparently (listening to sports tonight 3aw) the AFL are trying to come to an agreement with Essendon. The players will escape infraction notices, James Hird to step down, loss of points for this year, loss of draft picks in 2013 and Watson may loose the Brownlow but no ban on playing. Means they will start with a clean slate for 2014, team intact.

That would be a win for Essendon.

However they may try and tough it out for zero penalties

That would be a win for Essendon.

However they may try and tough it out for zero penalties

It would be a win but there is talk that Essendon will not accept it and want to play finals. They may apply for an injunction if the AFL hand down these penalties in the next 2 weeks. An injunction to have any penalties postponed until after the finals which would rob 9th place of an appearance.

• Like 1

Who is your roughie for this week?

It's a pretty tight round this week, so far the odds aren't showing too much... My roughy this week goes to the Western Bulldogs... If they turn up to play like they did last Sunday against the Swans, Mick Malthouse is going to have a conniption..

Here's my early tips also (Odds are terrible this week)

Hawthorn

Richmond

Western Bulldogs

Gold Coast

Sydney

Essendon

Adelaide

Fremantle

West Coast could upset Essendon - it's a big "could" though... I don't think North can back up 2 weeks in a row and Adelaide will obviously need to turn up for every minute of the 4 quarters to ensure a win...

• Like 1

It's a pretty tight round this week, so far the odds aren't showing too much... My roughy this week goes to the Western Bulldogs... If they turn up to play like they did last Sunday against the Swans, Mick Malthouse is going to have a conniption..

Hawthorn

Richmond

Western Bulldogs

Gold Coast

Sydney

Essendon

Adelaide

Fremantle

West Coast could upset Essendon - it's a big "could" though... I don't think North can back up 2 weeks in a row and Adelaide will obviously need to turn up for every minute of the 4 quarters to ensure a win...

This is a big week for Carlton. It will show us all if a few of their players are feeling motivated or perhaps they want to leave the club.

Bulldogs are a good chance (Ripstanley also picked them). $3,25 Bulldogs. Carlton $1.33. Hard to believe such disparate odds the way they each played last week.

Hawthorn

Richmond

Western Bulldogs

Gold Coast

Sydney

Essendon

Adelaide

Fremantle

Only 8 teams picked. You left out Geelong V Port

At $6.10 Port look tempting, but could Geelong lose 2 in a row and haven't been defeated at the Cattery since the Swannies last year...

It would seem most unlikely Port would win I have to say.

I'm surprised Adelaide and North are at evens.

edit: I think last week was my worst round this year (for a full round) so I might not have a clue

Edited by BookMan

The confidential report on Essendon's 2012 supplements program allegedly says players were given banned substances because the AFL club simply trusted sports scientist Stephen Dank's assurances that the program was above board.

The report, by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority, blames club coaching and management staff for failing to ensure players were not exposed to health and doping risks, The Age claims.

Essendon even failed to keep basic records about what drugs were given to specific players.

The newspapers claimed the report details strong circumstantial evidence that the performance-enhancing drug Thymosin Beta 4 was given to several Bombers players.

It also confirmed that AOD9604, a failed anti-obesity drug banned because it is not approved for human use, was used at the club.

The report states that players were largely unwitting victims of a high-risk and poorly governed supplements program, but the possibility remains open that doping infraction notices could be issued to individual players, The Age claims.

Dank has maintained that the program he oversaw complied with anti-doping rules.

• Like 1

Christ, if Matthew Lloyd's coming out on the record saying that... Stack the fridge boys because this is going to get good!

Hopefully the players have their mind on the game this week...too many distractions for them. Imagine how many times a week they are asked about ASADA

Here is one for you guys.

The Swans have the following players due to come back around the finals

Goodes

Reid

Jetta

Roberts-Thomson

McGlynn should also return this week from suspension/injury.

The questions are:

Do you put them straight back in the team?

Who do you leave out of the team if you do put them back?

In regards to the rest....

Goodesy will come back no problems, replacing someone.

LRT I think he's done for this season, I can't see him coming back in for anyone unless there's another injury.

Reid will replace White if his form drops.

Jetta will come in and replace Rampe or Lamb depending on form.

We also will have Gary Rohan coming back I reckon... I think Mitchell will be benched if Rohan's to get a call up...

It's definitely going to be a selection committee nightmare but as we've seen all season, there's been the odd injury to keep things on an even keel...

• Like 1

In regards to the rest....

Goodesy will come back no problems, replacing someone.

LRT I think he's done for this season, I can't see him coming back in for anyone unless there's another injury.

Reid will replace White if his form drops.

Jetta will come in and replace Rampe or Lamb depending on form.

We also will have Gary Rohan coming back I reckon... I think Mitchell will be benched if Rohan's to get a call up...

It's definitely going to be a selection committee nightmare but as we've seen all season, there's been the odd injury to keep things on an even keel...

I guess when u think about it there could be a possible 8 games left to play this season, depending on results in Finals.

All these Swans players need a trial game in the reserves but time might not allow for it. The Swans should make the reserves finals so there should be games available (depending on availability)

It would be hard to dislodge Rampe on current form. He is getting better each week. Lamb will most likely lose out, even though he is showing some style.

Jetta...can't leave him out.

Reid..no guarantee at the moment to come straight back in

Rohan. News has been quiet about him the last 2 weeks. Not sure what is going on there

post-147205-0-05121700-1375919170_thumb.

My tips for round 20

Hawthorn

Richmond

Geelong

Carlton

Sydney

Gold Coast

Essendon

Nth Melbourne

Fremantle

Another 9/9 picker for the week! w00t.gif

I originally picked West Coast and Adelaide in their respective games then sat back had another look and then decided to change.Be kickin myself if the other two come through.

• Like 1

My tips for round 20

Hawthorn

Richmond

Geelong

Carlton

Sydney

Gold Coast

Essendon

Nth Melbourne

Fremantle

Another 9/9 picker for the week! w00t.gif

I originally picked West Coast and Adelaide in their respective games then sat back had another look and then decided to change.Be kickin myself if the other two come through.

North played so well last week.