Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Two things that stood out for me,the swans inability to kick the ball more than 45 metres when clearing full back line and all to predictable winning the clearances but always going backwards to go forwards.

The hawks were very polished in the second half.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Hawks looked really good last night. At this stage, looks like being a

Hawks v Cats GF.

I don't think Syd can go with Mummy and Pike together. Not with White and Tippett

down there.

The only saving grace for me last night was that Buddy and Delicious weren't playing,

as Bruce would've been unbearable.

I know it's not like our Bruce to "go" early but he has already written Syd off. Comments

like "they look tired", "they look fatigued", "wouldn't mind playing them next week" etc.

I mean Syd were playing a side who beat them in Syd the week before and Hawthorn didn't finish

on top by accident. So it was no real surprise, even though the margin was. And now because

they lose, he thinks sides in the bottom part of the eight are going to beat them.

I'd have my money on Syd at home next week.

It's like saying if Freo get beat today, they will get beaten at home the following week.

Possible but unlikely IMO

Speaking of Freo, if McParlin doesn't play, they'll struggle but I'm expecting a fierce contest

from them today.

For Sydney, the forward line is a problem, but to be expected with Goodes, Reid, jetta having been out. It is good to see White confident but he needs a greater impact to go with teh confidence.

For the players new to finals for Sydney: Mitchell for Sydney seemed unsure whether to go for goal himself or pass the ball off. There was about 3 occasions he did that.

Rampe was good in defence, but again, a few of his kicks out of defence were poor or went to the opposition.

The Freo game should be good. I believe they are a chance to beat Geelong.

Two things that stood out for me,the swans inability to kick the ball more than 45 metres when clearing full back line and all to predictable winning the clearances but always going backwards to go forwards.

The hawks were very polished in the second half.

The worry for opposition teams (and for Sydney) is that Hawthorn were missing Buddy and Rioli.

It is well documented that Hawthorn play well without Buddy, as they look for options up forward: and Hawthorn has plenty of goal scoring options.

In further damning news for Sydney, that was Sydney's worse loss since Longmire took over the coaching role blink.png . 54 points

What price Peter Sumich for eagles coach ?

Isn't he at Freo with Ross Lyons at the moment?

Yes he is but quite often they have a clause in their contracts that allows them an out if a senior position comes up and don't forget that he spent a number of years as an assistant coach under John Worsfold and previous to that had coached Sth Fremantle to a premiership in the WAFL.

Yes he is but quite often they have a clause in their contracts that allows them an out if a senior position comes up and don't forget that he spent a number of years as an assistant coach under John Worsfold and previous to that had coached Sth Fremantle to a premiership in the WAFL.

He has the qualifications.

Will27, why don't you like Sumich for coach?

He has the qualifications.

Will27, why don't you like Sumich for coach?

Don't get me wrong, Suma must be doing something right to be assistant at WC for a long time.

And Ross Lyon wouldn't accept him if he was a dud. He just doesn't fill me with confidence.

A friend of mine's good mate was in the coaches box when Suma was at Sth Fremantle.

Word on the street was they called him Kodak as he was always waiting for something to develop.

• Like 2

Boy O Boy!

Half time in the Freo v Geelong game and it is Game on!

Both teams a little inaccurate. Freo suffering nerves first quarter. Few undisciplined moments from the Dockers...but they came back well in the second quarter. Great defensive pressure.

• Like 1

How do you give a free kick when the game hasn't started?

It's like giving one out if a scuffle occurs as players walk off the ground at half time.

Idiot report by the ump, the swing missed by miles. Not so, the jumper punch by a Geelong player right in front of the ump, Caused more damage, but apparently legal.

I'm not a Freo supporter, I probably prefer the Cats, but the one sided umpiring is nspoiling the game for me.

As someone who's been before the WAFL tribunal a few times I've always thought umps are complete idiots who never see the initial aggression.

Well after having suitably recovered thanks to Freo getting up..

Swans just went missing last night, as has been mentioned around the traps they looked lost...

Can they still make the GF? Oh yes indeed they can, playing either Richmond or Carlton at home next week should give them more than enough confidence to back up against Freo to have a rematch against Hawthorn on the last Saturday in September..

The Swans can match it with Freo as we've seen in their past few contests.. And they've played quite well the last few years at Subiaco which no mean feat in itself...

2005 revisited? Can't see why not...

Goodesy looks set to be back providing the leadership they desire. Even an 80% fit Goodes is good enough for selection and he'll claim he's fully fit ;)

Today's result will boost the spirits down at Moore Park.

Had Geelong got up, it would have been a difficult process...

Well after having suitably recovered thanks to Freo getting up..

Swans just went missing last night, as has been mentioned around the traps they looked lost...

Can they still make the GF? Oh yes indeed they can, playing either Richmond or Carlton at home next week should give them more than enough confidence to back up against Freo to have a rematch against Hawthorn on the last Saturday in September..

The Swans can match it with Freo as we've seen in their past few contests.. And they've played quite well the last few years at Subiaco which no mean feat in itself...

2005 revisited? Can't see why not...

Goodesy looks set to be back providing the leadership they desire. Even an 80% fit Goodes is good enough for selection and he'll claim he's fully fit wink.png

Today's result will boost the spirits down at Moore Park.

Had Geelong got up, it would have been a difficult process...

I like your optimism! thumbsup.gif

Hahah last night I even found myself believing Bruce last night...

Preposterous, I thought earlier this morning.. How could I stoop so low as to believe what Bruce was telling me!

A Freo win snapped me out of my sulk, Ross - you might have snapped my sulk but you're still on the shit list.. Though, you're now number 2 on that list, if it's any consolation :P

I can now enjoy the rest of the weekend, might even give the takraw a miss tonight hahaha..

How do you give a free kick when the game hasn't started?

It's like giving one out if a scuffle occurs as players walk off the ground at half time.

Idiot report by the ump, the swing missed by miles. Not so, the jumper punch by a Geelong player right in front of the ump, Caused more damage, but apparently legal.

I'm not a Freo supporter, I probably prefer the Cats, but the one sided umpiring is nspoiling the game for me.

As someone who's been before the WAFL tribunal a few times I've always thought umps are complete idiots who never see the initial aggression.

I'm with you on this one mate.

I reckon the Dockers got slaughtered in the first quarter 8-2.

Don't know what the final tally was. But we all know it's when

and where they're paid.

Not sure what happened with Crowley and Johnston after the game,

but it looked as if Johnston didn't want to shake Crowley's hand.

If it's true, a bit untidy. Maybe Stevie J's just not used to losing finals.

Freo will be hard to beat in a fortnight with Johnson and Ibbitson back.

Edited by Will27

My tips this week:

Hawks

Freo (upset of the round w00t.gif )

Collingwood

Richmond

**cough cough whistling.gif ** tongue.png

Terrific win for Freo. They fully deserved the win. From that display they are genuine GF contenders. Cracker of a game all round.

Here's what I wrote back on the 24th Aug Post #1736

I would say it will go like this...

Qualifying finals

Hawthorn V Sydney - (W) Hawthorn

Geelong V Fremantle - (W) Fremantle

Preliminary finals

Hawthorn V Geelong - (W) Geelong

Fremantle V Sydney - (W) Fremantle

Grand Final

Geelong V Fremantle - (Geelong)

We've got tha power to win.

Tha power to roar.

How do ya like them apple's.tongue.png

They will get flogged next week against Geelong. I am extremely happy to see Collingwood go out.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

Tha power to roar.

How do ya like them apple's.Posted Image

They will get flogged next week against Geelong.  I am extremely happy to see Collingwood go out.
:lol:

Port has got further this year than anyone thought they would.

I do think Geelong will do a number in them next week

Watched the Magpies Power game on TV last night. Excellent result.

Five minutes before the final siren, the Army of Collingwood Unfaithful started filing out of the stadium.

Then the cameras zoomed in on Eddie McGuire, exposing that stony vacant stare that he gets on his face when things aren't going his way.

Unforgettable viewing pleasure.

That mass exodus with a few minutes to go was an odd thing for a final

Tha power to roar.

How do ya like them apple's.tongue.png

They will get flogged next week against Geelong. I am extremely happy to see Collingwood go out.
laugh.png

Port has got further this year than anyone thought they would.

I do think Geelong will do a number in them next week

I think Geelong will get the chocolates as well, but if Port are in touch at 3 quarter time, look out.

I think GrantSmith said a while ago "underestimate Port at your own peril".

They're young, fit and have nothing to lose.

I bet the Hawks supporters are a tad worried with Freo's win.

They were probably banking on playing Freo in a prelim final and might now be playing their

nemesis Geelong.

I know Heath Shaw ain't the brightest, but how was his gifting a goal to Angus Monfries?

Heard the umpy going "don't go high" several times but still he went ahead. A coach killer.

Also, a bit untidy throwing the pill in Monfries face at half time. Will that get sighted?

Anyone else think that Buckley erred in subbing out Jamie Elliott instead of Lachie Keefe?

I know Heath Shaw ain't the brightest, but how was his gifting a goal to Angus Monfries?

Heard the umpy going "don't go high" several times but still he went ahead. A coach killer.

Also, a bit untidy throwing the pill in Monfries face at half time. Will that get sighted?

Anyone else think that Buckley erred in subbing out Jamie Elliott instead of Lachie Keefe?

Very poor discipline from Shaw.

Did you hear Shaw saying something to Monfries about Essendon not having wanted him?