Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like a Dockers - Hawks final to me. My moneys on the Dockers to pull off the big upset.

My money is still on a Cats/Dockers G.F

Port - Blues GF anyone???

Possible isn't it? Seems unlikely though.

I'd give Carlton the best chance of getting through this round out of Port and the Blues. Depends how Sydney reacts from their recent form and losses.

At the mo I'd go with Freo v Hawks

I'd never rule them out but I reckon they may have 1 really good last game in them. Hopefully they

will beat Mick's mob and then a real hard gig at Freo. At least if they get through to the GF, we will

be guaranteed of having an interstate club in the GF.

And if they don't beat Freo, there won't be an interstate side in the GF?

Sorry, I think you meant to say "if they get through to the Prelim final"

Oops, I think you're right.

Sorry about that.

looks like a Dockers - Hawks final to me. My moneys on the Dockers to pull off the big upset.

My money is still on a Cats/Dockers G.F

Port - Blues GF anyone???

James Hird worked hard to get the blues into the finals so I guess he deserves something back.

Andrew Krakouer is one of six players, including ruckman Darren Jolly and Alan Didak,delisted by Collingwood

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/krakouer-upbeat-about-afl-chances-20130910-2thy7.html#ixzz2eUMzhjQ0

Jolly might be off to gws

Krakouer may go to Eagles or Dockers if they're stupid enough.

Can't see anyone wanting Didak!

Edited by Old Croc

Hope none of those delisted Collingwood guys end up at the Deesblink.png we have suffered enough.

You lot might benefit from a dual premiership player like Jolly tongue.png

Teaming up with premiership winning coach...

What a merry-go-round THAT would be!

Let the trading begin Those playing finals are going to be lagging behind,

ST KILDA has successfully lured its first key defensive target, with Greater Western Sydney's Josh Bruce requesting a trade to the Saints. ...

The Giants were fighting hard to keep him and had offered a contract extension, but he has decided St Kilda will be his new home.

By Jon Ralph

Herald Sun

Hope none of those delisted Collingwood guys end up at the DeesPosted Image we have suffered enough.

You lot might benefit from a dual premiership player like Jolly Posted Image

Let the trading begin  Those playing finals are going to be lagging behind,

ST KILDA has successfully lured its first key defensive target, with Greater Western Sydney's Josh Bruce requesting a trade to the Saints. ...

The Giants were fighting hard to keep him and had offered a contract extension, but he has decided St Kilda will be his new home.

By Jon Ralph

Herald Sun

Good move by Bruce. And good for st kilda

Jolly has tickets on himself, wasn't much when he was at Dee land White was easily one of the top ruckmen at the time, sure he kicked on and good luck to him played in 2 premierships with 2 teams, we don't need another ruckman what we have is fine we need midfielders.

Silvia? hmmm I like him but cant play 2 weeks in a row, he probably needs a new home but I hope he stays, though if he goes would need to be in good team to get the best out of him, but seriously who would want him he hasn't don't much in the last 2 seasons to be honest.

As for Watts....the son of a gun is emerging could be anything, didn't help to throw the kid in the deep end very mismanaged from day one, my guess Roos will be able to keep him.

Hawks I think for premiers then goodbye Franklin.

Hope none of those delisted Collingwood guys end up at the Deesblink.png we have suffered enough.

I hear Roos is trying to pinch one of the Sydney assistant coaches and also the recruitment manager? blink.png

I hear Roos is trying to pinch one of the Sydney assistant coaches and also the recruitment manager? Posted Image

You know, that's hardly surprising. Roosey's on a succession mission and he's got 2, possibly 3 years to do it. I'll be exceptionally surprised if Captain Kirk doesn't head down.

Actually to be fair, there'll be an abundance of current assistant coaches lining up for some (paid) education.

I'll throw on the aluminum head gear for a second. John Worsfold as Roosey's assistant, taking over in 3 years time. Woosha said he wanted a break from senior coaching ;)

I hear Roos is trying to pinch one of the Sydney assistant coaches and also the recruitment manager? blink.png

You know, that's hardly surprising. Roosey's on a succession mission and he's got 2, possibly 3 years to do it. I'll be exceptionally surprised if Captain Kirk doesn't head down.

Actually to be fair, there'll be an abundance of current assistant coaches lining up for some (paid) education.

I'll throw on the aluminum head gear for a second. John Worsfold as Roosey's assistant, taking over in 3 years time. Woosha said he wanted a break from senior coaching wink.png

Apparently Voss has put his hand up

By Jon Ralph

Herald Sun

These trades seems pretty complicated. The Saints trade Dal Santo to GWS and get Bruce and a Rd 2 pick. GWS then trade off Dal Santo to Nth Melbourne and the Saints get Luke Delaney and a Rd 2 pick (Dal Santo happy with North) The Saints now have 2 key back men which they were after and 2 extra early draft picks. They are now in the hunt for Frawley from Melbourne and Mitch Brown from West Coast. (also Backline players) If all goes to plan the Saints could end up with a very good backline and still have plenty of cash in the salary cap and high draft picks for a couple of midfielders and tall forwards.

These trades seems pretty complicated. The Saints trade Dal Santo to GWS and get Bruce and a Rd 2 pick. GWS then trade off Dal Santo to Nth Melbourne and the Saints get Luke Delaney and a Rd 2 pick (Dal Santo happy with North) The Saints now have 2 key back men which they were after and 2 extra early draft picks. They are now in the hunt for Frawley from Melbourne and Mitch Brown from West Coast. (also Backline players) If all goes to plan the Saints could end up with a very good backline and still have plenty of cash in the salary cap and high draft picks for a couple of midfielders and tall forwards.

I see a lot of this trading as a game of strategy. Some moves come off and some dont.

Carlton was hinting at delisting a whole raft of players come seasons end. However, if they beat Sydney on Saturday will we still be seeing that>

By Jon Ralph

Herald Sun

Dal Santo is saying he wants to stay put...and haS the contractual option to do so.. What do you think? Just holding out for more $$?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-11/dal-santo-wants-to-stay

Voss....hmmm...lets just say he has now completed his apprenticeship. yeah I can dig it, wouldn't be disappointed if he ended up at DeeLand.

Lets face it the AFL want us to be competitive they want that intercity rivalry and who better than a team called Melbourne.

Reported into days Age 17 other clubs against the priority pick we asked for, love to get it but top teams have proved you don't need continuous top 10 picks to get anywhere, we are a good example of lousy team management, The saints did a lot better with a host top 10 draft picks but where are they now? But expect the Dees to get it...in some form.

Frawley...in your dreams, under contract, top defender not going anywhere full stop, Garland and Jones untouchable.

Del Santo will get traded, Saints need new blood and he is still highly regarded, a team like Carlton almost but not quite there could use an experienced campaigner like him and don't be surprised if Malthouse swoops on one or two of his former players.

As much as it pains me.........

Classic.

Collingwood seems to be ridding itself of a lot of players

Yep

Heath Shaw seems to be on the "to be moved on list".

It also wouldn't surprise me if Collingwood don't try too hard to try

and keep Dale Thomas.

I think he's part of the so-called rat pack that Bucks is trying to get rid of.

They've cut a few players now and will have a fair bit of money to use during

the trade period.

As much as it pains me.........

Classic.

Collingwood seems to be ridding itself of a lot of players

Yep

Heath Shaw seems to be on the "to be moved on list".

It also wouldn't surprise me if Collingwood don't try too hard to try

and keep Dale Thomas.

I think he's part of the so-called rat pack that Bucks is trying to get rid of.

They've cut a few players now and will have a fair bit of money to use during

the trade period.

Pies consider Shaw trade: Reports
Posted by: Matt Cram | 12 September, 2013 - 10:57 AM
It appears that a number of the Senior Players at Collingwood have a conflict with Buckley. I not sure if Bucks is the right person for the job as the club seems to have gone into melt down since he took over. Gutting your team is not really the right move, I think it would better to replace the coach to try and restore harmony. Who would they replace him with? God only knows.

Pies consider Shaw trade: Reports
Posted by: Matt Cram | 12 September, 2013 - 10:57 AM
It appears that a number of the Senior Players at Collingwood have a conflict with Buckley. I not sure if Bucks is the right person for the job as the club seems to have gone into melt down since he took over. Gutting your team is not really the right move, I think it would better to replace the coach to try and restore harmony. Who would they replace him with? God only knows.

That is one of the problems with a recent player who played for the same team taking over the coaching. Doesn't always work. Some of the relationships the coach might have had with players are hard to change.

Having said that, it does seem some Collingwood players seem to know what is best. in their own minds. Bucks always seems a bit angry to me.

I don't think Eddie helps. He is often making headlines and saying things he really shouldn't be commenting on. I'm sure he cant help giving his personal wisdom to some players either. Stuff like that would further undermine what a coach is trying to do.

By many accounts Malthouse is going to do a massive clean out at Carlton come season end... Put his stamp on the team

• Like 1