Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Geelong won by 16 points. Good win after being down at half time. Port Adelaide gave a great show. I think next year they will go very well. I am very impressed with Ken Hinkley. His demeanor through the game is great to see. I think a lot of coaches should take a leaf out of his book

A calm demeanor ripples across a group. It is surprising we don't see more heart attacks from these top coaches

Matthew Kreuzer is out for Carlton tonight....Swans will be happy about that

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will be interesting to see what tactics mick uses,think he will try and block up the swans end leaving open his forward line to exploit the pace of richards,grundy and everitt.

No word on mcveigh,his calf must be ok as he is pivitol to launching swans attack.

Will be interesting to see what tactics mick uses,think he will try and block up the swans end leaving open his forward line to exploit the pace of richards,grundy and everitt.

No word on mcveigh,his calf must be ok as he is pivitol to launching swans attack.

Mcveigh is in the team, so we have to hope he is okay.

I'm confident in Sydney's backline and through the mid field... It is the break down towards the forward line that is a concern,imo.

A few guys here have commented that it is getting predictable always going to Tippet. 2 weeks back, when Tippet was injured/rested, the Swans forward line loked good with White/Mummy/Pyke all presenting targets. Be good to see Sydney look for the bets option on hand, not just the Tippet option.

Are you a Freo supporter farmerjo?

Geelong won by 16 points. Good win after being down at half time. Port Adelaide gave a great show. I think next year they will go very well. I am very impressed with Ken Hinkley. His demeanor through the game is great to see. I think a lot of coaches should take a leaf out of his book

Not taking anything away from port but Geelong will have to take it up a notch next week against a rested fresh Hawks.

Sydney shouldn't have to many problems tonight, but next week umm a rested Freo will be a big call.

Still going for a cats / Freo grandfinal. Cats eventual winners.

I'm confident in Sydney's backline and through the mid field... It is the break down towards the forward line that is a concern,imo.

A few guys here have commented that it is getting predictable always going to Tippet. 2 weeks back, when Tippet was injured/rested, the Swans forward line loked good with White/Mummy/Pyke all presenting targets. Be good to see Sydney look for the bets option on hand, not just the Tippet option.

North melbourne,although i'm west australian i disagreed with the afl concept as it destroyed country football so when the eagles entered i remained a kangaroo.

Not taking anything away from port but Geelong will have to take it up a notch next week against a rested fresh Hawks.

Sydney shouldn't have to many problems tonight, but next week umm a rested Freo will be a big call.

Still going for a cats / Freo grandfinal. Cats eventual winners.

I'd back the Hawks over Geelong the way Geelong are playing...However...

I would probably back Freo over the Cats again....

Hawks over Freo

Hawks/Geelong over Sydney or Carlton

North melbourne,although i'm west australian i disagreed with the afl concept as it destroyed country football so when the eagles entered i remained a kangaroo.

Disappointing season for the Roos..They really should have finished in the 8 the way they played some games.

Should be a good one for them next year?

Edited by BookMan

Swans won another game without Tippett. Sorry he played 5 minutes. They had 8 different goal scorers in their first 11 goals.The last game they won before tonight was without Tippett

I think Richards will be in trouble with the tribunal with the bump he gave to a Carlton player.

Carlton did not score in the 3rd quarter and the Swans did not score in the last.

Good win but it will be very difficult next week in Perth

• Like 1

Swans won another game without Tippett. Sorry he played 5 minutes. They had 8 different goal scorers in their first 11 goals.The last game they won before tonight was without Tippett

I think Richards will be in trouble with the tribunal with the bump he gave to a Carlton player.

Carlton did not score in the 3rd quarter and the Swans did not score in the last.

Hardly a poor performance from any Swans player. Much improved from the last month.

As you mentioned, a lot of goal scorers. They have spread it around all season before Tippet came and last year that was also a notable point of their games...multiple goal kickers. Not having Tippet , they look for other options, much like Hawthorn without Franklin. Tippet is an asset, but Sydney have to look about and present other options. Kurt is dragging two players with him, three in a contest sometimes, that should be leaving other players free to kick it to.

There is no way Fremantle is going to let Sydney have as much free space and run as Carlton gave them. Sydney looked tired in that last quarter...very tired. Freo will be very fresh, a week off, two weeks before that they rested players. I think Fremantle would be difficult no matter what this year, but with Sydney being tired and players carrying borderline injuries I think it will be too tough an ask.

Tippet. Will he be back next week?

Mitchell is out

O'Keefe hobbled off

Richards...would be a HUGE loss if suspended...but I think he will be okay

Sydney is still weak up front from injuries

Like you say Ripstanley...it will be very difficult in Perth next week.

Also...good to see the top 4 teams from the home and away rounds as the remaining finalists. They were the best teams all year and all deserve to be there

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Hardly a poor performance from any Swans player. Much improved from the last month.

As you mentioned, a lot of goal scorers. They have spread it around all season before Tippet came and last year that was also a notable point of their games...multiple goal kickers. Not having Tippet , they look for other options, much like Hawthorn without Franklin. Tippet is an asset, but Sydney have to look about and present other options. Kurt is dragging two players with him, three in a contest sometimes, that should be leaving other players free to kick it to.

There is no way Fremantle is going to let Sydney have as much free space and run as Carlton gave them. Sydney looked tired in that last quarter...very tired. Freo will be very fresh, a week off, two weeks before that they rested players. I think Fremantle would be difficult no matter what this year, but with Sydney being tired and players carrying borderline injuries I think it will be too tough an ask.

Mitchell is out

O'Keefe hobbled off

Also...good to see the top 4 teams from the home and away rounds as the remaining finalists. They were the best teams all year and all deserve to be there

You maybe could argue that Hawthorn and Geelong were the two top teams all year and although I am not upset about that I feel that it is unfortunate that one of them misses out on playing in the grand final.smile.png

You maybe could argue that Hawthorn and Geelong were the two top teams all year and although I am not upset about that I feel that it is unfortunate that one of them misses out on playing in the grand final.smile.png

I am sure you are heartbroken Ron laugh.png

You would have to be feeling very confident about next week. Everything has slotted into place very nicely and it is not by luck Fremantle is where they are. That was a good win over Geelong at the Cattery.

Freo probably had a slightly easier draw than Sydney/Hawthorn/Geelong this year but that was counter balanced by the fact Freo had a lot of injuries the first half of the year but still managed well. They'll have a tougher draw next year, having finished top 4.

Fremantle is $1.31 favourites for next week. Sydney $3.45 blink.png

At those odds, if Sydney have Tippet and Richards in next week, Ill fantasy bet $100 on Sydney

Mitchell is out

O'Keefe hobbled off

Nice wrap up. There was a big class difference in the end which is to be expected

I guess when it was 4th against 8th (9th).

I thought a lot of the Carlton players were poor and their ratings on afl.com confirm it.

Carlton have a lot of work to do and it will probably start with recruiting Thomas.

I was surprised Carlton have allegedly offered him 3.5 million over 5 years. $750 000

a year for a guy coming off an injury stricken season is way too much IMO.

Nice to see you're optimistic about Teddy Richards. To honest, nothing surprises me

about the MRP but IMO, Richards and Chapman are all 1 week at best after taking an early plea.

BTW, I'm really happy that the Freo/Syd game is on Sat. I like BT, Lingy and Richo but can take or

leave Luke Darcy, preferably leave him..

Bruce "cometh the moment" Mcavaney will be going coco banana's over Buddy, Hodgy and Cyril

(he's so delicious).

Edited by Will27

Well done Swannies.So convincing i turned it off in last quarter to watch the cricket.

As mentioned the ground was poor,in my day the ground would be inspected and if not up to standard be moved.

Might be a job going to fill that vacancy in the afl.laugh.png Other thing is the afl said previously that teams playing this saturday should be able to get home same day which will not be the case for sydney.

Ports is up there as well..

Only managed the first quarter and then was refreshing the afl app every now and then, will try and catch up today - provided this hangover subsides hahaha...

Swans will leave Perth straight after the match on the Qantas red eye that leaves around midnight, which seems counter productive.

They should do their recovery session in Perth and then fly back to Sydney in the afternoon.

Ted Richards has a pretty good record IIRC, so he might get a slap on the wrist, haven't seen the incident yet and we all know how outstanding the MRP has been this year.

All things being equal, I'm still confident we can take Freo in Perth, I'd much rather be playing them as opposed to Hawthorn or Geelong.

Sydney and Geelong for my tips...

How hard can it be to write a catchy ditty? I have set myself the challenge and wrote this masterpiece in just under 3 minutes!

Sydney Sydney Sydney

the apple of my eyes

We stick it up the best of teams

and we stick it up the Pies

Carlton.Port,Cats or Hawks,

Colors blue, black or white

We'll show them how the bloods are taught

We'll bring 'em to our fight!

Sydney Sydney Sydney

we stick it up em all

Bring it on, bring it on

For we're the mighty Swans!

• Like 1

Ports is up there as well..

Here is the Port Team song. Starts a bit slowly...but builds up

Now !! Here is the Port Adelaide victory song for the team in the SANFL

Crikey! Its is the same as the Swans basically Posted Image . I never knew that before

I'm pretty sure Brisbane and Adelaide share the same tune...

I'm pretty sure Brisbane and Adelaide share the same tune...

Similar but different. Both stirring patriotic renditions! Adelaide's is sung to the tune of the US Marine's Hymm. Brissie's is the old Fitzroy song, with some wording changes made

Whilst we are on the topic of Club songs...

Club Statement: St Kilda appoint new Head of Vocal Performance

6:03pm AEST Saturday, September 14, 2013

The St Kilda Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of highly regarded vocal coach Ricardo Rayme, as Head of Vocal Performance.

Ricardo, along with his assistant Todd are globally regarded as the world’s best singing teachers.

Ricardo and Todd bring with them a wealth of experience, having spent time on the RSL circuit, responsible for such productions as Richard Wilkins the Musical, and working with tribute bands for the likes of Nickelback and Jason Donovan.

Disgruntled with the players’ lacklustre singing of the team song, Nettlefold hopes that Ricardo and Todd can bring a little spark to their post-match performance.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-09-14/club-statement-st-kilda-appoint-new-head-of-vocal-performance

post-122647-0-91498600-1379229506_thumb.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1