Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sing next year

1st goal for the game and for Hawthorn courtesy of Zach Dawson.

Ballantyne beat your mate Zac for best on ground for Hawthorn.

Yes so important to hold your feet,a favourite in front to get the ball,loose your feet and 3 defenders pownce and its all over.

Ross is a good teacher so they will learn from their mistakes today.

A good coach will identify which players are up for the big games and who are not,expect 5 to be missing next year.

Steven hill,pearce,de boar,ballentyne and duffield will be on notice.

A devoted freo fan at the mcg just sent thru this,

Why is it dangerous to swim at freo beach?

Cos they have no flags.

Settle down.I'm a life member there.whistling.gif

Time for me to sign out after 6 big botts and a big day.

Will settle back and watch the t20 cricket at 5.30,thanks to everyone on this forum,gives people like me some life in thailand.

• Like 2

A devoted freo fan at the mcg just sent thru this,

Why is it dangerous to swim at freo beach?

Cos they have no flags.

Settle down.I'm a life member there.whistling.gif

Time for me to sign out after 6 big botts and a big day.

Will settle back and watch the t20 cricket at 5.30,thanks to everyone on this forum,gives people like me some life in thailand.

You've done well.I've only cracked 4. burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gifdrunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif

Here is the voting for the Norm Smith

NORM SMITH VOTING
Brian Lake 12 (3, 3, 3, 2, 1).
Jack Gunston (11, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1).
David Mundy 4 (2, 1, 1).
Luke Hodge 2 (2).
Nathan Fyfe 1 (1).

Glenn McFarlane: 3 Lake, 2 Gunston, 1 Mundy
Tony Shaw: 3 Lake, 2 Mundy, 1 Gunston
Brendan McCartney: 3 Gunston, 2 Hodge, 1 Lake
Karl Langdon: 3 Gunston, 2 Lake, 1 Fyfe
Adam McNicol: 3 Lake, 2 Gunston, 1 Mundy

So now what??? What am I going to do for 6 months?

We have all the trades to follow. First round in March.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-releases-details-of-season-2014-with-clubs-to-get-two-byes-across-25-weeks/story-fni5f22o-1226706054751

KEY FEATURES

A 25-week season, with Round 1 split over March 14-16 and March 21-23.

Two byes for all clubs, split over five weekends during the season.

No NAB Cup final, with two pre-season games per team.

A possible representative game in the pre-season, with players still discussing a format.

A clash in Round 1 with the Melbourne Grand Prix.

A weighting system where top-six teams have a tougher schedule.

The 2014 AFL Grand Final on September 27.

• Like 1

ripstanley..here is a rough list of people for next years tipping that might come in handy..while i remember

Confirmed for Tipping comp

Ripstanley

Ron19

Fozfromoz

Gazman

Grantsmith

Chooka

Bookman

Oldcroc

Will27

Farmerjo

Possibles who might be interested at the time

Radar501

White christmas13

Canman

Dickyknee

emubob

krisb

• Like 2

ripstanley..here is a rough list of people for next years tipping that might come in handy..while i remember

Ripstanley

Ron19

Fozfromoz

Gazman

Grantsmith

Chooka

Bookman

Oldcroc

Will27

Farmerjo

Radar501

White christmas13

Canman

Dickyknee

emubob

krisb

May have to employ a secretary

What a morning and afternoon that was..

Completely different experience being 3 hours behind!

Would normally have kicked on, but finishing up around 3pm gives everyone the opportunity to head home for a nanna nap...

Sorry to the Freo faithful, but Ross Lyon can suckabagad***s...

For the Swans supporters, take solace in that our Ambassador in Thailand is a Swans supporter, chooka you'd be pleased to hear that his favorite player is former Saints captain Nick Riewoldt ;)

Being amongst a couple of hundred Aussies today made me feel quite homesick actually.. But free flow Heine-from-a-can put that to rest right after the national anthem hahaha...

Bit disappointed in the Heineken "prettys" as well but that's another story...

Brian Lake was a bit of a surprise for the Norm Smith, deserving nonetheless..

Great day out though...

Bring on 2014 chaps!

Ripstanley

Ron19

Fozfromoz

Gazman

Grantsmith

Chooka

Bookman

Oldcroc

Will27

Farmerjo

Radar501

White christmas13

Canman

Dickyknee

emubob

krisb

May have to employ a secretary

Might be some drop offs

Would normally have kicked on, but finishing up around 3pm gives everyone the opportunity to head home for a nanna nap...

For the Swans supporters, take solace in that our Ambassador in Thailand is a Swans supporter, chooka you'd be pleased to hear that his favorite player is former Saints captain Nick Riewoldt wink.png

Being amongst a couple of hundred Aussies today made me feel quite homesick actually.. But free flow Heine-from-a-can put that to rest right after the national anthem hahaha...

Great day out though...

Bring on 2014 chaps!

Many Freo supporters there?

Was it a sit down with famliy or a stand around near a big screen?

For the Swans supporters, take solace in that our Ambassador in Thailand is a Swans supporter, chooka you'd be pleased to hear that his favorite player is former Saints captain Nick Riewoldt Posted Image

Great day out though...

Bring on 2014 chaps!

Was a mixed bag really, no one owned up to being a Freo supporter, but there was a few purple guernseys floating around...

Sitting and standing, no way was I standing up for the whole time... Kids running a muck... But screens were high enough not to be bothered by them hahaha...

How disappointed am I?.............Freo did not play there normal game save the 3rd q, and Lake BOG? come on....2 telling marks and a run or two in the last quarter do not make a BOG performance.

Freo looked pretty in white, Roughead and Franklin so so day but did just enough....now the best part of the season is about to start...all the wrangling and speculation on who goes where...

Frankilin to the Dees anyone?rolleyes.gif well we can dream but keep ya money and go after Shaw (since that dud let Rivers go we could use a class defender), theres a Swan or two who want out...hmmmmm

So now what??? What am I going to do for 6 months?

We have all the trades to follow. First round in March.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-releases-details-of-season-2014-with-clubs-to-get-two-byes-across-25-weeks/story-fni5f22o-1226706054751

KEY FEATURES

A 25-week season, with Round 1 split over March 14-16 and March 21-23.

Two byes for all clubs, split over five weekends during the season.

No NAB Cup final, with two pre-season games per team.

A possible representative game in the pre-season, with players still discussing a format.

A clash in Round 1 with the Melbourne Grand Prix.

A weighting system where top-six teams have a tougher schedule.

The 2014 AFL Grand Final on September 27.

Free agency starts 6th October so a lot of buying, selling and swapping will begin then

How disappointed am I?.............Freo did not play there normal game save the 3rd q, and Lake BOG? come on....2 telling marks and a run or two in the last quarter do not make a BOG performance.

Freo looked pretty in white, Roughead and Franklin so so day but did just enough....now the best part of the season is about to start...all the wrangling and speculation on who goes where...

Frankilin to the Dees anyone?rolleyes.gif well we can dream but keep ya money and go after Shaw (since that dud let Rivers go we could use a class defender), theres a Swan or two who want out...hmmmmm

Franklin will be at GWS, and Shaw is already linked to Melbourne. Frawley will go to the saints who are chasing him and uncle Danny is on the job to get him to the families team.

• Like 1

For the Swans supporters, take solace in that our Ambassador in Thailand is a Swans supporter, chooka you'd be pleased to hear that his favorite player is former Saints captain Nick Riewoldt wink.png

Great day out though...

Bring on 2014 chaps!

Where was it held, sounded like a good day. saw an interview with AFL supporters in Bangkok on the Australia Network on Friday night and they were gearing up for a good day.

Appears no one is interested in Martin. To much of a liability I guess. Could have fitted well into GWS but they won't touch him either.

Lions not interested in Martin
Posted by: Matt Cram | 29 September, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Dustin Martin's stocks have taken a further hit, with another club publicly ruling out signing the Richmond gun.

Brisbane this morning released a statement saying they would not pursue Martin

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/lions-not-interested-in-martin/20130929-2ulx3.html

Appears no one is interested in Martin. To much of a liability I guess. Could have fitted well into GWS but they won't touch him either.

Lions not interested in Martin
Posted by: Matt Cram | 29 September, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Dustin Martin's stocks have taken a further hit, with another club publicly ruling out signing the Richmond gun.

Brisbane this morning released a statement saying they would not pursue Martin

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/lions-not-interested-in-martin/20130929-2ulx3.html

Richmond to lower their offer? tongue.png

Seriously though, what a wally his manager is. Martin is only 22 and his manager would have been much better leaving him at Richmond on fairly decent money and hopefully the management and support plan Richmond has in place carries him through those 2 years and he becomes an elite player. At that time he could have gone for the big price increase

No long term thinking from the manager. As it is, he has damaged his relationship with Richmond, who, lets face it, still need him, and done himself no favours elsewhere it would seem. More and more clubs are being careful about signing potential trouble

• Like 2

Ok guys, time to get the crystal ball out for next year.

Every year there are bolters (Port Adelaide & Richmond) and sliders, WCE and Ade.

What do you think about next year? Can you see anyone dropping out of the top 4/8?

I think the top 4 will remain the same. Main reason I think that there's no one from 5 down

good enough to improve enough. Out of this years 5th to 8th, I think PT have a fair bit of

upside but it will be interesting to see if they can back up again after the honeymoon period

of Ken Hinkley. Collingwood will be there and about, but likely to lose Shaw and Thomas, I

can't see them getting there. I think Richmond was flattered to finish 5th and can see them sliding.

Carlton got there on default and I don't think their list is good enough either.

Outside of the eight, I think North Melbourne and the GC are chances to get in next year and also

expect Ade and WCE to be challenging for a spot.

Essendon are an unknown quantity at the minute due to the ongoing drugs saga.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Franklin will be at GWS, and Shaw is already linked to Melbourne. Frawley will go to the saints who are chasing him and uncle Danny is on the job to get him to the families team.

Ahhhh chooka your a comedian.....Frawley isn't going anywhere, easily ranked in the top 3 players at demonland and off limits, since we don't have anymore than 2 stars theres plenty of money to keep him there, and why pray tell would he want to go to a club that isn't going anywhere, uncle dan has no pull on the boy.

Roo signing will help pull a few guys im sure and the Swans did very well of no names so I cant see that changing to much, Shaw would be that type of guy Roos thinks we could use and it could free up Frawley to play a bit more up the ground or even Garland.

Watts is staying.

As for Martin his manger came out and pretty much told the press to get off his case, claims he was under instructions to field the boy to GWS as martins tattooed pop lives up there, dad is expected in Melbourne Monday to help sort it out, no one wants him and if you had of seen the pic in the Age about a week and a half back Martin with mum and dad you might understand that it looks like dad is meddling. Mums a nice looker I might add.

Rumour file chooka, rene kink is coming out of retirement and putting on a saints gurnesy, and old Hafey nd his box of swiss vitamins is going to help out old waters next season...clap2.gif

Where was it held, sounded like a good day. saw an interview with AFL supporters in Bangkok on the Australia Network on Friday night and they were gearing up for a good day.

It was at the Imperial Queens Park Hotel in BKK.. Yeah overall it wasn't a bad way to spend a few hours, mingling with like minded folk.. Even the missus wasn't too bored...

Ok guys, time to get the crystal ball out for next year.

What do you think about next year? Can you see anyone dropping out of the top 4/8?

IMO, a few, as yet unknown, factors could influence the top 4 next year.

• The draw is unknown, but as the AFL has said, the Top 6 teams from this year will have a more difficult draw. This wont help Richmond or Collingwood.
  • Sydney. Mumford would be a loss if he goes. Goodes...will he play on? A lot of injuries this year, can't afford it next year
  • Essendon. Will they have half a team suspended?

Fremantle, Hawthorn, Geelong. Top 4 teams next year no matter what

Sydney. definitely staying in the top 8

I like Richmond, and if they keep Martin have a good chance at top 8

West Coast should be back in there. They had a horror run with injuries

Port Adelaide and Western Bulldogs should be big improvers and challenger for bottom of the 8

North Melbourne. Not sure of which personnel they have kept but I had an inkling they might have lost a few players? Certainly they blew their chances this year.

Collingwood should be top 8, but only just

Carlton, Essendon. To me these 2 could all struggle to be in the top 8.

My just outside the eights:

Gold Coast. They should be looking at a favourable draw again.

Brisbane.

Adelaide

My feeling is that teams from ladder positions 5 - 10 will be evenly matched