Songkran In Hua Hin

Both Friday the 13th and Monday the 16th are Songkran Bank holidays. I think Saturday the 14th or Sunday the 15th is the actual date of Songkran as the Monday holiday is an alternate day off because Songkran falls on a weekend.

Edited by hhfarang

I dont realy partake in Songkran anymore, after living in Thailand for 9 years. The first 4 or 5 years I had a right good laugh with it all but the last few years I just cant get into it. Dont get me wrong though, its a brilliant festival and great fun - for some reason though I just dont buzz off it in the way I used to.

Soi Bintabaht is a good crack for Songkran and all the streets are packed out. Bar girls are steaming drunk as are tourists. Its all good fun. Some of the tourists get carried away with it a bit though.... For example pointing a hose pipe square in your face for like a whole minute.... "Ok mate, it was a laugh at first but give it a rest will ya!"

Soi 80 is pretty much the same deal.

Market Village usualy put something together which is a bit more tame, but still wet and wild.

Its pretty much a good laugh anywhere you go in Hua Hin to be honest. Find a spot with a gew drunk locals and get into the spirit of it. Please leave the frigging ice water alone though - nothing worse than getting a bucket of ice water SLOWLY tipped down your back :(

I have always wanted to try Chiang Mai out for the festival and was thinking of flying up for the weekend but all the flights are full, so ill probably venture out for a few hours in the day, get a little p!ssed on Thai Whiskey and head back home before the ice water buckets start to wind me up.

• Like 1