Songkran Terror Watch -- Dates And Reports

Jingthing

Sprayed with water behind The Avenue heading to Soi Buakhao at 12:30 am. They were pretty busy along Pratumnak Road and 2nd Road at 10pm.

My assessment after being out on the motorcycle everyday since April 11 is that it seems more tame this year than in years past.

I agree tropo.

How quiet is Pattaya now especially Thappraya road and Pratumnak? Unreal compared to previous years.

OK, it will no doubt get worse but certainly significantly quieter.

Roll on 2mora smile.png

what happens then ?blink.png

Edited by Asiantravel

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sprayed with water behind The Avenue heading to Soi Buakhao at 12:30 am. They were pretty busy along Pratumnak Road and 2nd Road at 10pm.

My assessment after being out on the motorcycle everyday since April 11 is that it seems more tame this year than in years past.

I agree tropo.

How quiet is Pattaya now especially Thappraya road and Pratumnak? Unreal compared to previous years.

Roll on 2mora smile.png

You can venture out without getting soaked :)

The mayhem spread to Jomtien in full force by 11:00am today ... from Thappraya / Thepprasit and down along the beach ... roving bands of terrorists, both on foot and in pick-up trucks ... complete with obligatory sewer-water tank trucks for quick refills ... hopefully the end is near -- at least for another 355 days.

post-53404-0-97125900-1334823813_thumb.j

• Like 1

I agree tropo.

Roll on 2mora smile.png

You can venture out without getting soaked smile.png

Well according to post #71 Jingthing it says “ On April 20, Pattaya beach road will be closed to pave the way for the Buddha procession. Afterwards, young people go gunning for fun armed with double-barrel water cannons and buckets, ensuring the beach town gets totally soaked. Among the more courageous "roadside warriors" are the transvestites who turn up in super-tight T-shirts clamouring for more water.”

Edited by Rimmer

Well according to post #71 Jingthing it says “ On April 20, Pattaya beach road will be closed to pave the way for the Buddha procession. Afterwards, young people go gunning for fun armed with double-barrel water cannons and buckets, ensuring the beach town gets totally soaked. Among the more courageous "roadside warriors" are the transvestites who turn up in super-tight T-shirts clamouring for more water.”

JT was quoting in that post the Nation. Today the 19th is usually the Big Day and should be the Last day.

Here is that post:

Well, today's the 11th. On your marks ...

Here's a fresh Pattaya Songkran date kerfuffle from THE NATION:

PATTAYA

Pattaya folk celebrate Songkran a week later though you can still expect to get wet over the next three days. On April 20, Pattaya beach road will be closed to pave the way for the Buddha procession. Afterwards, young people go gunning for fun armed with double-barrel water cannons and buckets, ensuring the beach town gets totally soaked. Among the more courageous "roadside warriors" are the transvestites who turn up in super-tight T-shirts clamouring for more water.

The big day is the 19th, correct? Not the 20th. It's a large enough string of potential soaking days without adding another one, yes?

Edited by MJCM

Yes, we know the Nation got it wrong, but the question is, maybe some people actually read the Nation and BELIEVED what they wrote? ermm.gif

I sincerely hope they do not, as I have a nite on the town planned with my wife tomorrow evening.

Yes, we know the Nation got it wrong, but the question is, maybe some people actually read the Nation and BELIEVED what they wrote? ermm.gif

I sincerely hope they do not, as I have a nite on the town planned with my wife tomorrow evening.

I wouldn't worry too much. 19th --- then it is OVER. clap2.gif

I wouldn't worry too much. 19th --- then it is OVER. clap2.gif

Thank god it's Friday the 20th biggrin.png

Edited by MJCM

Today the 19th is usually the Big Day and should be the Last day.

Today is the BIG DAY and will be the last day. It doesn't go on much past sunset either, so you'll be able to go out dry tonight.

My wife is out on Beach Road and Walking Street going crazy right now while I'm relaxing at home. She said it is better I stay home as I may get into a fight - and she's probably right - there's a lot of drunk people in town

It's for young people and drunks as far as I'm concerned.

Today is the BIG DAY and will be the last day. It doesn't go on much past sunset either, so you'll be able to go out dry tonight.

My wife is out on Beach Road and Walking Street going crazy right now while I'm relaxing at home. She said it is better I stay home as I may get into a fight - and she's probably right - there's a lot of drunk people in town

I'm not so sure you're right about it being dry TONIGHT. In my experience in the past, it goes on at night on the big day.

I'm not so sure you're right about it being dry TONIGHT. In my experience in the past, it goes on at night on the big day.

I'll let you know. I'm heading down Pratumnak and 2nd Road at 8pm to go gym.

biggrin.png Tropo you and I are in the same situation, the wife is also somewhere around town enjoying it while I'm trying to sort out my Music collection. I'm more then happy with this. This is just the way the cookie crumbles for us.

There's a helicopter with film crew flying over key roads.

It has just flown over the Thappraya road.

This year has been the quietest in the 18 years I've been here.

Yeh, I'm sick of being inside now, I'm going to try and go for some dinner Thappraya/Pratumnak area about 7pm.

Any sign of water and I'm coming straight back to raid the fridge.

I'll obviously be going in the car :)

don't bet on it, pattaya is gridlocked right now, I just walked home from having some one day fun (as it should be) and it is mayhem, I honestly can't see this ending any time soon

don't bet on it, pattaya is gridlocked right now, I just walked home from having some one day fun (as it should be) and it is mayhem, I honestly can't see this ending any time soon

Thappraya road has got quieter now but have just made some good old cheese on toast.

So looks like an early night with an early morning blast to Kleang on the bike 2mora.

Happy New Year to all thumbsup.gif

biggrin.png Tropo you and I are in the same situation, the wife is also somewhere around town enjoying it while I'm trying to sort out my Music collection. I'm more then happy with this. This is just the way the cookie crumbles for us.

Haha... she talked me into a late motorcycle trip around town. I nearly enjoyed it LOL.

Anybody know if it is safe to go out tonight? ermm.gif

Its safe to go out every night...whats your problem ??

You have a car with the windows wound tightly shut. What would you know about Songkran safety when you're one of the hazards?

• Like 1

Anybody know if it is safe to go out tonight? ermm.gif

Its safe to go out every night...whats your problem ??

You have a car with the windows wound tightly shut. What would you know about Songkran safety when you're one of the hazards?

Those that complain the most and the loudest are but hazards to themselves.

Somone wise said that.

Is it necessary to blog on here about ones life over Songkran, "i just made some cheese on toast" was the icing on the cake, who really gives a toss about ones daily habits over this festival. Seasonal affective disorder SAD is about right.

If I was a young Thai wife to a moaning old expat wallowing in self pity at home alone, Songkran would be the perfect excuse to go out and get drunk and get...

Edited by DanielToddGilbert
  • Like 2

Those that complain the most and the loudest are but hazards to themselves.

Somone wise said that.

Well, we were not complaining. He asked if it is safe to go out - meaning can he go out without getting soaked this evening.

It's a reasonable question.

But regarding safety - how could it be safe to drive or ride on roads with thousands of drunk people. This would be the least safe day of the year to go out.

• Like 1

Is it necessary to blog on here about ones life over Songkran, "i just made some cheese on toast" was the icing on the cake, who really gives a toss about ones daily habits over this festival. Seasonal affective disorder SAD is about right.

I'm about to take a shower - then I'm going to prepare a couple of roast beef sandwiches with avocado and horseradish and brew some nice coffee and then settle down to this week's episode of American Idol where the top 7 will sing. What are doing tonight?

• Like 1

I'm about to take a shower - then I'm going to prepare a couple of roast beef sandwiches with avocado and horseradish and brew some nice coffee and then settle down to this week's episode of American Idol where the top 7 will sing. What are doing tonight?

Pouring your missus another drink.

• Like 1