2 Killed, One Hurt In High-Speed Crash On Bangkok Tollway

webfact

I'm more curious of any follow up on the school boy who cut the Lao girl in half with daddy's porsche!

If my memory serves me right , "Daddy" paid the unfortunate Girls mother some heavy bread and it was all swept under the carpet !.

As I recall, the amount paid was a few hundred thousand baht. Scarcely heavy bread in exchange for a life taken...

It was 350,000 baht. I was just wondering if that wrapped it up!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-richard_smith237-

Thank you for that informative and highly appreciated information!

So sure he drove much to fast with the Porsche and if the Fortuner did not change lane in the last moment,

the alcohol seems to be the important nail in the coffin!sad.png

Edited by ALFREDO

The general aggressiveness of Thai drivers amazes me.

Same for me.

Driving is never a pleasure because of such immature behaviors.

May I suggest relaxing pastimes? (speaking as a person who has driven v12 sportcars, 1970's Landies, and 26 tonne semi's)......

Buy yourself a 90's Landie or Rangie with the good strong box chassis, put your absolute favourite tunes on the cd, sing along and drive at the limit, and just relax and be amused at the frantic thai drivers trying to get past you....

Honestly, I think my wife is a better situational Thai driver than me, driving over the limit when the traffic on a highway seems to make it safer.... me, I drive the limit and enjoy the sounds of the horns from the speed-obsessed. (Staying on the left apart from the trucks.....)

Those who know the construction of a Fortuner built for Thai sale understand what I am saying about a strong chassis...... There IS a reason the export production line is separate.......

Edited by airconsult

280 KPH ??? That is 173 MPH , on a Thai toll way......This is clearly a case of Darwin's law at work. Perhaps in order to help ensure the survival of the hisos and their idiot off spring, these high powered sports cars should be speed limited...That would also have the double benefit of helping to stop the killing of other innocent people such as the other driver here who was killed.

Well, you know what they say, Guns don't kill people, people kill people. If you limit the car, some one in a back street garage will have a fix within a week. You need to educate the people, right and wrong, right and wrong!

Same for me.

May I suggest relaxing pastimes? (speaking as a person who has driven v12 sportcars, 1970's Landies, and 26 tonne semi's)......

Buy yourself a 90's Landie or Rangie with the good strong box chassis, put your absolute favourite tunes on the cd, sing along and drive at the limit, and just relax and be amused at the frantic thai drivers trying to get past you....

Honestly, I think my wife is a better situational Thai driver than me, driving over the limit when the traffic on a highway seems to make it safer.... me, I drive the limit and enjoy the sounds of the horns from the speed-obsessed. (Staying on the left apart from the trucks.....)

Those who know the construction of a Fortuner built for Thai sale understand what I am saying about a strong chassis...... There IS a reason the export production line is separate.......

I have a Fortuner 5 door car, I have asked on another forum if these cars are unsafe and never got an answer. I always thought they were big and heavy and if I collide with anything we will come off better (meaning my children are safer!) what is the truth? I want a big four wheel drive vehicle that I can buy in Thailand without paying 300% tax, what should I be buying? If anyone knows I would appreciate an answer or a PM as this is really important to me, though short of a Sherman Tank, I am unsure what vehicle would take a half ton car up it's ass at 280 KMPH without being trashed, thanks,.

Edited by GentlemanJim

I'm more curious of any follow up on the school boy who cut the Lao girl in half with daddy's porsche!

If my memory serves me right , "Daddy" paid the unfortunate Girls mother some heavy bread and it was all swept under the carpet !.

As I recall, the amount paid was a few hundred thousand baht. Scarcely heavy bread in exchange for a life taken...

Yeah I agree, but it was heavy bread to the deceased's mother, which of course they knew this and took full advantage of ,TIT.!!sad.png

I notice the "accident" occurred in the Right hand lane , Thai's are notorious "road hogs" and so how wide the road is ,many insist on driving in the outside lane and no matter how much you flash your headlight or sound your horn they just WILL NOT move to the left so the car at the rear can safely and legally overtake , I have truly lost count of observing them driving in the outside lane then swing to their left to make a left hand turn without even indicating their intentions !!. the "rule of the road" is quite simple ,keep to the left unless overtaking or turning right , this bit of common sense it Totally unknown to the vast majority of Thai drivers.

If you meet me on the road and I'm doing 120 kph and you flash your lights at me, you can kiss my butt, I am not moving over. You want to go faster go around me. I will not stop you from being foolish.

You do realise that your attitude is the apparent cause of this fatal incident?

Most Fortuner owners think they own the fast lane. Driving in the left or middle lane may involve loss of face. rolleyes.gif

Same for me.

I have a Fortuner 5 door car, I have asked on another forum if these cars are unsafe and never got an answer. I always thought they were big and heavy and if I collide with anything we will come off better (meaning my children are safer!) what is the truth? I want a big four wheel drive vehicle that I can buy in Thailand without paying 300% tax, what should I be buying? If anyone knows I would appreciate an answer or a PM as this is really important to me, though short of a Sherman Tank, I am unsure what vehicle would take a half ton car up it's ass at 280 KMPH without being trashed, thanks,.

Hummvee

Same for me.

IMHO you would be better off in a well-designed sedan with a high safety rating. Not only would your driving experience be much better, you would have much more chance of avoiding accidents with the superior handling and braking ability, and much lower chance of rollover.

My old Skyline GTS had bigger discs on the back than your Fortuner runs on the front, weighed less and had better gripping tyres - the braking distances reflect this.

Is it wiser to have a better vehicle in a smash, or one that can stop before impact?

In this particular accident, it was a rear end collision. The driver of the Toyota Fortuner had no control over the situation as it happened almost instantaneously.

The driver of the Porsche, being impaired, was unable to react quickly enough to swerve or take evasive action.

OzMick makes a very valid point re maneuverability of a sports car /sedan as opposed to a lumbering S.U.V., however, in this case, I doubt even Mark Webber driving a Hummer would have been able to react in time with a Porsche bearing down on his rear end at over 200kmh.

This was a somewhat 'extreme' case due to the high speed involved.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

Hummvee

Marauder - makes the Humvee look like a Jazz! Street legal and only 300,000 pounds.

Sent from Android, please forgive errors in type or judgement.