Thailand Needs Cricket

...and can anyone think of any good reason NOT to call my son Centurion?

(I need to be prepare my retort for any objections my wife might raise)

With a name like that he will be built like a tank....will he be able to get from wicket to wicket OK>

Depends if he is forced to carry his spear and shield as well as a bat, helmet is OK though. thumbsup.gif

Maybe we can use it for transport but they there may be a problem in Bangkok traffic

post-64834-0-36647600-1340897191_thumb.j

post-64834-0-97553000-1340897210_thumb.j

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because it isn't spelt the same as Bradman........cheesy.gif

Sorry........I'm often told that I have a warped sense of humour.........but hey......laughter is definitely the best medicine.

Cheers. drunk.gif

For which illness?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

"For which illness?".......all illnesses, better to laugh at the fireball been delivered from outside-in, than let your (two) knees wobble and worry about the outcome before you collapse in a fumbling mumbling state as you hold your bat up with eyes closed........only to be caught behind from an unintended snick.

Have Fun!

.....and here I am thinking that the run rate has dropped off a bit...........bowl me a bouncer!

I've always been nervous of bouncers since they helped my mate Andy out of the Kasbah at about 2 in the morning...

SC

TV Cricket

Know Knees, no nonsense

If your pads were inflatable........would that be breaking the rules?

I think you would be ok as long as you didn't attach any sails...

Then is't OK to use the bat as a paddle?

Also, are we going to allow tattoos or not?

You must or l am bolled out. whistling.gif

I always suspected you were Kevin Pietersen... thanks for the confirmation

No....Kevin Pietersen and myself are not one and the same......smile.png

Tattoos..........I was inspired in 2000 during the Sydney Olympics, how many Aussie athletes had the 5 rings of the olympic symbol emblazoned on their skin for the world to see.....

.....so, three stumps and a bat & ball?

Just a thought.

So what is your "Just a though" on where to put the three stumps and a bat & ball?

Edited by kevjohn

Also, are we going to allow tattoos or not?

You must or l am bolled out. whistling.gif

I always suspected you were Kevin Pietersen... thanks for the confirmation

Drat, and Double drat. sad.png

I do understand your feelings, transam....wink.png

Boss you go for it.

Only thing I would suggest is that you have the facilities to add "Double" as his second name.

Might sound back to front but he must reach his first century before the second.

Sorry........I'm often told that I have a warped sense of humour.........but hey......laughter is definitely the best medicine.

Cheers. drunk.gif

Agree...thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

.....of course a bouncer underwater would have to be called a "floatie"?????

no...floaties are what you find floating in the water,,,,,like at Pattaya.

If only they had practiced, at the nets, beside Missfarmgirl's fish pond.

With a name like that he will be built like a tank....will he be able to get from wicket to wicket OK>

Maybe he could double as the roller.

Depends if he is forced to carry his spear and shield as well as a bat, helmet is OK though. thumbsup.gif

Maybe we can use it for transport but they there may be a problem in Bangkok traffic

Isn't there always a problem in Bangkok traffic?

Cheers. drunk.gif

For which illness?

"For which illness?".......all illnesses, better to laugh at the fireball been delivered from outside-in, than let your (two) knees wobble and worry about the outcome before you collapse in a fumbling mumbling state as you hold your bat up with eyes closed........only to be caught behind from an unintended snick.

Have Fun!

After all that, I most certainly will.

.....and here I am thinking that the run rate has dropped off a bit...........bowl me a bouncer!

I've always been nervous of bouncers since they helped my mate Andy out of the Kasbah at about 2 in the morning...

SC

TV Cricket

Know Knees, no nonsense

Spot on SC.......bouncers try to get me out when I'm batting......can be very painful....sad.png

Weeeeeeeeeeell, his shortened name will be a hundredth of a dollar. Wife is right. whistling.gif

C what he means!

Edited by David48

But, what ever you do ... don't call him So.

Imagine his future life!

Every girl would say 'I told you So'

So So how are you?

Hi So

Hi So, you look low, so low So ... so lets go shopping and cheer you up.

There you go you lot ... Think what would happen if brit1984 names the future opening batsman for the National Thailand Cricket team ... So

I know that we covered the 'S' in the Cricketing Alphabet ... but this Lassie was my selection because it was 'S' for Sweater ... plus also her obviously strong knees.

post-104736-0-41972700-1340932032_thumb.

THink we can have her on the team but minus the sweater. It is hot here....she is too.

I know that we covered the 'S' in the Cricketing Alphabet ... but this Lassie was my selection because it was 'S' for Sweater ... plus also her obviously strong knees.

post-104736-0-41972700-1340932032_thumb.

THink we can have her on the team but minus the sweater. It is hot here....she is too.

I like the jumper but tend to agree.

A little over a year from the 2013 Ashes series, Australia and England meet in the first ODI of a five match series at Lord's with plenty to play for.

post-104736-0-03300800-1340961280_thumb.

Australia remain the number one ranked side in the ODI arena, but with England on a winning run of six consecutive home ODI series wins, Alastair Cook's team will be confident coming into the opener at Lord's.

There is the carrot of England potentially replacing Australia at the top of the ODI rankings with an unlikely 5-0 clean sweep but the Aussies were the last team to beat England at home and won the last match at Lord's between the two sides in 2010. England won that series 3-2

Knee Information

In the post-104736-0-75432100-1340961373.gif Australia won and sent the Poms in.

A little over a year from the 2013 Ashes series, Australia and England meet in the first ODI of a five match series at Lord's with plenty to play for.

Australia remain the number one ranked side in the ODI arena, but with England on a winning run of six consecutive home ODI series wins, Alastair Cook's team will be confident coming into the opener at Lord's.

There is the carrot of England potentially replacing Australia at the top of the ODI rankings with an unlikely 5-0 clean sweep but the Aussies were the last team to beat England at home and won the last match at Lord's between the two sides in 2010. England won that series 3-2

Knee Information

In the post-104736-0-75432100-1340961373.gif Australia won and sent the Poms in.

Should be easy

Knee Information

Should be easy

Will Denis Compton's kneecap be playing?

SC

TV Cricket

The team with two knees

Knee Information

Should be easy

SC

TV Cricket

The team with two knees

shhhhhh That is on a knees to know basis. smile.png

Knee Information

Should be easy

SC

TV Cricket

The team with two knees

Apparently it will be a joint decision...

Knee Information

Should be easy

SC

TV Cricket

The team with two knees

"knees to know" is just a small part of the whole lexicon of cricket

SC

TV Cricket

A crunchy and tasty bite in your pocket