Thailand Needs Cricket

No it's not. ermm.gif

Yes and No ... I didn't create it (like I did some others) but I did suggest it.

One I did create was ... post-104736-0-56472500-1339506742_thumb.

Does transam approve of this one?

He, will want a V8, for them.

And by the way PM I do appreciate what you have suggested and I like it....

Still thinking about it, hmmmmmmmmm, l look at the mrs, wet out of the shower, perfect form at her age, my smile is present though l do not show it, OK, yes l do, BUT, would love to drool over a 426 hemi Mopar to tinker with. SAD l know but.................... whistling.gif

Reminiscing transam?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he was murdered by the enraged brother of a jealous lover but I don't think that he regretted anything...he was an inspiration before I discovered Bukowski and Raymond Carver...he was an illiterate but he sure did know how to live...disreputable and shameless but he never gave a shit...

read the whole story:

http://en.wikipedia....riano_Melgarejo

and I suspected that the folks in Cochabamba mentioned tutsiwarrior in the same breath as Melgarejo but I was proud of the association and it useta piss people off wildly...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

We need to think about TV rights aswell

Maybe True will buy the rights to try to appease their subscribers

Or should we keep control and do pay per view?

Maybe we could bundle it with some special movies...

1 I'm thinking

2 World wide?

3 I'll leave that "UP To You"

4 So long as the movies are made so deaf people can hear them.

You both raise some good points here..

At the start we need 'free to air' saturation coverage. We need to give away the product so we can get as many viewers as possible hooked on the game.

A few years down the track we can then wring and twist every cent we possibly can from these Cricket addicts.

There is of course the myriad media rights to sell across TV, Internet, smartphones etc etc..

All these can be addressed further along in this thread with the ThaiVisa brains trust

What we really need to do NOW is think outside the box. We need those seemingly peripheral ideas that will get us

1. A large audience

2. A large number of participants

3. A good solid revenue stream. (The Ford GT40s don't come cheap I am told)

I have one such idea in my head right now!

Lets set the scene.

We have the rise of the Indian middle class and the Russian middle class.

The Russkies will love to watch the beach cricket with their own country men and women participating. That is a gievn. They will love to come on holiday for beach cricket tours.

Lets say 50 million Russkies will get hooked watching Cricket.

The Indian market can’t get enough of their Cricket, they just love it! LOVE IT!is der tapped and has huge huge potential.

Lets say 1 billion Indians will also get hooked (more so than currently are)

You then have the established markets of England, Australia, NZ etc.

What do all the markets of England, Australia, NZ, India and Russia have in common?

The men from these countries all love to come to Thailand!

As we all know here on TV, there is a very large market in Thailand for foreign men who want to find a lovely female companion! This market segment must be worth hundreds of millions, billions if we are speaking in baht! Billions!!

What we need to have is 'Live Cricket Dating'!!!

The ingredients needed are:

Thailand Women's Cricket Team

plus

Men

Simply put, subscribers (men) will pay for:

Pay for view to watch the Ladies Cricket team. (Thailand IS HOT so clothing will reflect this fact)

Pay for the right to play against the womens team

Pay for the right to play IN the womens (now mixed) team

Pay for the dating that might occur after the game

This new pay for View approach should be extra popular with a lot of men. There could be ongoing revenue streams for the life of any relationship.

Thai women across the country will be flocking to join the game once word gets around about this.

It is all win win as far as I can see.

Obviously I can elaborate further as time permits...

That is an amazing post, although I haven't read it yet

But I can see many of my favourite words mentioned

I have now read this post, it really is amazing... great idea that will definetely work

We need to think about an appropriate layout and decor for the dating pavilion

'thanks, kev...you are very kind...my step daughter is 9 months pregnant and the doctors say that she could drop it at anytime and I can hide behind her bulk until then...'

inspired by the swashbucking tales of Mariano Melgarejo, the 18th president of Bolivia who reportedly hid underneath the abundant pretticoats of an indigenous woman to escape murderous foemen...he was just a Cochabamba lad like tutsiwarrior and had never heard of cricket...

Well tutsiwarrior, I have never had to go to such lengths as Mariano Melgarejo, the 18th president of Bolivia, for any reason what so ever, but then again,

I did know a little about cricket.......wink.png

Did he live a happy life?.....ermm.gif

dbbl post...

Every run counts...

At the start we need 'free to air' saturation coverage. We need to give away the product so we can get as many viewers as possible hooked on the game.

A few years down the track we can then wring and twist every cent we possibly can from these Cricket addicts.

There is of course the myriad media rights to sell across TV, Internet, smartphones etc etc..

All these can be addressed further along in this thread with the ThaiVisa brains trust

What we really need to do NOW is think outside the box. We need those seemingly peripheral ideas that will get us

1. A large audience

Lets set the scene.

The Russkies will love to watch the beach cricket with their own country men and women participating. That is a gievn. They will love to come on holiday for beach cricket tours.

The Indian market can’t get enough of their Cricket, they just love it! LOVE IT!is der tapped and has huge huge potential.

What do all the markets of England, Australia, NZ, India and Russia have in common?

As we all know here on TV, there is a very large market in Thailand for foreign men who want to find a lovely female companion! This market segment must be worth hundreds of millions, billions if we are speaking in baht! Billions!!

plus

Men

Pay for view to watch the Ladies Cricket team. (Thailand IS HOT so clothing will reflect this fact)

This new pay for View approach should be extra popular with a lot of men. There could be ongoing revenue streams for the life of any relationship.

Thai women across the country will be flocking to join the game once word gets around about this.

I have now read this post, it really is amazing... great idea that will definetely work

Do you really think many people are going to want to date crickets? Even live ones?

I think you over-estimate the Thais' obsession with food

SC

TV Cricket Dating

Because good dates don't grow on trees

'thanks, kev...you are very kind...my step daughter is 9 months pregnant and the doctors say that she could drop it at anytime and I can hide behind her bulk until then...'

inspired by the swashbucking tales of Mariano Melgarejo, the 18th president of Bolivia who reportedly hid underneath the abundant pretticoats of an indigenous woman to escape murderous foemen...he was just a Cochabamba lad like tutsiwarrior and had never heard of cricket...

Well tutsiwarrior, I have never had to go to such lengths as Mariano Melgarejo, the 18th president of Bolivia, for any reason what so ever, but then again,

dbbl post...

Every run counts...

and here is Melgarejo raging about wanting to destroy an enemy: 'you get that m'fukker or you and yer family die!' and then a commander sez: 'but he is upstanding and respected, mi presidente...'...and then Melgarejo hisses: 'does it look like I give a shit???' and then Melgarejo rushes out on horseback and finishes the job himself...whatta a man...

then later with a jarra of chicha taratena Melgarejo laments: 'y'know tutsi, things get harder every day...' and then I sez: 'don't worry, Mariano, we're all here to support your efforts...' and then later in the early morning sunlight we mount up with weapons and then someone yells: 'vamanos muchachos, vamanos!....' with the associated terror and the thunder of hooves...

and then after a day of slaughter and mass destruction tutsi sez: 'hey Mariano...them English got a new game called cricket where they use bats...' and then Melgarejo sez: 'whaaa??...'

and then a rivalry between Tarata, Cliza and Punata is born in the Cochabamba Valley with the inevitable deadly results...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

One topic we have not discussed, but where cricket can obviously help, is in the rehabilitation of ex-cons...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/562086-spouses-brother-released-from-prison-soon-need-ideas/

By teaching these misguided chaps some important life-skills (including of course more gentlemanly conduct) through participation in cricket (rather than other arguably equally fun but illegal activities) they will become better citizens and contribute to a better society (and a better Thailand).

Thai ex-cons need cricket; Thailand Needs Cricket.

One topic we have not discussed, but where cricket can obviously help, is in the rehabilitation of ex-cons...

http://www.thaivisa....oon-need-ideas/

By teaching these misguided chaps some important life-skills (including of course more gentlemanly conduct) through participation in cricket (rather than other arguably equally fun but illegal activities) they will become better citizens and contribute to a better society (and a better Thailand).

get outta here...you give them guys some bats and then there is bound to be damage...keep 'em locked up, I say...

It seems to have worked pretty well with the Australians...

SC

SC

OUCH ...

It does remind me a of a story I overheard in a NANA Bar one time.

Sitting together were a Scotsman, a Yank, a Pom and an Aussie and the conversation came around to who was the best citizen.

Well the Scotsman would have said something but it was his shout and felt a sudden urge to relieve his bladder (long time), so the Pom kicked it of with naturally the Poms were the best as they were the mother nation to both you lot (Yanks and Aussies).

post-104736-0-95243200-1339529915_thumb.

That statement fired the Yank into gear who rambled on about America being the greatest nation ever (but sadly never had Cricket (my addition)).

The Scot ... was still an empty bar stool

The Aussie thought about for a bit, took a long swig, cleared his throat and offered ... nah, you guys have got it all wrong.

Aussies have to be the best.

Why, he posed the question to fellow drinkers, well the best Judges chose us in the first place!

(Since it's a NANA Bar ... Boom Boom)

After 10 mins, theblether Scots returned ... disappointed to find it was still his round for beers.

Edited by David48

1 I'm thinking

2 World wide?

1. A large audience

Lets set the scene.

plus

Men

+1...thumbsup.gif No "Likes" left

he was murdered by the enraged brother of a jealous lover but I don't think that he regretted anything...he was an inspiration before I discovered Bukowski and Raymond Carver...he was an illiterate but he sure did know how to live...disreputable and shameless but he never gave a shit...

read the whole story:

http://en.wikipedia....riano_Melgarejo

and I suspected that the folks in Cochabamba mentioned tutsiwarrior in the same breath as Melgarejo but I was proud of the association and it useta piss people off wildly...

+1...thumbsup.gif No "Likes" left

1 I'm thinking

2 World wide?

1. A large audience

Lets set the scene.

plus

Men

+1...thumbsup.gif

dbbl post...

Every run counts...

and here is Melgarejo raging about wanting to destroy an enemy: 'you get that m'fukker or you and yer family die!' and then a commander sez: 'but he is upstanding and respected, mi presidente...'...and then Melgarejo hisses: 'does it look like I give a shit???' and then Melgarejo rushes out on horseback and finishes the job himself...whatta a man...

then later with a jarra of chicha taratena Melgarejo laments: 'y'know tutsi, things get harder every day...' and then I sez: 'don't worry, Mariano, we're all here to support your efforts...' and then later in the early morning sunlight we mount up with weapons and then someone yells: 'vamanos muchachos, vamanos!....' with the associated terror and the thunder of hooves...

and then after a day of slaughter and mass destruction tutsi sez: 'hey Mariano...them English got a new game called cricket where they use bats...' and then Melgarejo sez: 'whaaa??...'

and then a rivalry between Tarata, Cliza and Punata is born in the Cochabamba Valley with the inevitable deadly results...

+1.....thumbsup.gif

get outta here...you give them guys some bats and then there is bound to be damage...keep 'em locked up, I say...

+1....thumbsup.gif

SC

+1....thumbsup.gif

SC

OUCH ...

It does remind me a of a story I overheard in a NANA Bar one time.

Sitting together were a Scotsman, a Yank, a Pom and an Aussie and the conversation came around to who was the best citizen.

Well the Scotsman would have said something but it was his shout and felt a sudden urge to relieve his bladder (long time), so the Pom kicked it of with naturally the Poms were the best as they were the mother nation to both you lot (Yanks and Aussies).

post-104736-0-95243200-1339529915_thumb.

That statement fired the Yank into gear who rambled on about America being the greatest nation ever (but sadly never had Cricket (my addition)).

The Scot ... was still an empty bar stool

The Aussie thought about for a bit, took a long swig, cleared his throat and offered ... nah, you guys have got it all wrong.

Aussies have to be the best.

Why, he posed the question to fellow drinkers, well the best Judges chose us in the first place!

(Since it's a NANA Bar ... Boom Boom)

After 10 mins, theblether Scots returned ... disappointed to find it was still his round for beers.

+1...thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

OH ... BTW, when I was looking some appropiate Artwork for the above I came across this.

post-104736-0-78536200-1339530482_thumb.

Apparently it's being trialled in the GUESS Bar at NANA

... and in certain places in Chiang Mai

+1....thumbsup.gif

The crackers one side, the cheese and what ever the other. Nuts in the middle, with provisions, to roll them into your hand.

Boss...need to check if this has a patient taken out on it. Could be some money to be made, for the team.wink.png

OH ... BTW, when I was looking some appropiate Artwork for the above I came across this.

+1....thumbsup.gif

The crackers one side, the cheese and what ever the other. Nuts in the middle, with provisions, to roll them into your hand.

Boss...need to check if this has a patient taken out on it. Could be some money to be made, for the team.wink.png

Took me a while to imagine what all the various recesses were used for ... especially that groove at the front.

post-104736-0-34548000-1339542616_thumb.

Finally decided that it (the front groove) is where you tether or rest your cigar while at the Pub ... bit worried about ash drop though.

It is named 'LB Bar Stool' ... which I assume translates into 'Lazy Boy Bar Stool', maybe because of it's relaxed ergonomic design ... but I have been know to be wrong with assumption before ... whistling.gif

I wonder how the Lazy Boy will advantage Cricket in Thailand and I'm thinking that it will have a minimum effect.

+1....thumbsup.gif

Took me a while to imagine what all the various recesses were used for ... especially that groove at the front.

post-104736-0-34548000-1339542616_thumb.

Finally decided that it (the front groove) is where you tether or rest your cigar while at the Pub ... bit worried about ash drop though.

It is named 'LB Bar Stool' ... which I assume translates into 'Lazy Boy Bar Stool', maybe because of it's relaxed ergonomic design ... but I have been know to be wrong with assumption before ... whistling.gif

I wonder how the Lazy Boy will advantage Cricket in Thailand and I'm thinking that it will have a minimum effect.

You could be correct about LB...Lazy Boy, but you being an Aussie as I am, could think of many definitions of LB, that can't be printed here ....wink.png

1. A large audience

Lets set the scene.

plus

Men

Do you really think many people are going to want to date crickets? Even live ones?

SC

TV Cricket Dating

I hadn't thought about the Thai obsession with food related to Cricket.....but it is a good idea to pursue...

Boss I don't just see many of my favourite words, I see many many many words.

Clue me in to a few of your fave words kevjohn

Little Brother...just off the cuff, I can think of 5

Why, Thailand, Needs, Coffee and Cricket....Hope this gives you a heads up to my line of thinking.....wink.png

Why, Thailand, Needs, Coffee and Cricket....Hope this gives you a heads up to my line of thinking.....wink.png

hmmmm, It's a puzzle but I will give it some deep thought....

SC

TV Cricket Dating

I hadn't thought about the Thai obsession with food related to Cricket.....but it is a good idea to pursue...

It a good idea to pursue anything related to why Thailand needs cricket.

hmmmm, It's a puzzle but I will give it some deep thought....

Just don't damage the brain with those deep thoughts.

I didn't do any damage when I was giver a bat 5 weeks back.....