Thailand Needs Cricket

For my 1,999 Post and now rummaging around in the 3rd drawer ... some stroke play might be appropriate.

Since we are at the front of the draw maybe some front foot work.

post-104736-0-20995500-1339728230_thumb. . post-104736-0-59511900-1339728228_thumb.

Might dig towards the back of the drawer a little bit later.

So off now to the Fish Farm for the 2,000th post ... I like it down where with the Farming Folk.

Real salt of the Earth type people who I am sure enjoy a brew or two ... coffee1.gif

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The question is often asken 'What problems in Thailand can't Cricket fix?'

Well here is a TVF Member in desperate with his thread ... I Blew Up At The Missus This Evening

How can cricket help him? sad015.gif Ha ha ha ... maybe in this particular circumstance, maybe a coffee shared with kevjohn and a nice dollop of the sincerity that he is famous may help his soul ... not mend his problem ... but bring a smile to a man who appears to have reached his life's nadir.

Indeed, I will PM him and suggest that joining this thread will cheer him up... with regards to his problem I think cricket (either playing, watching or reading about it, including on this thread) would do wonders for him by reminding him of that it is often better to let the wayward deliveries go through to the wicket keeper, and only defend those that actually threaten your stumps...

For my 1,999 Post and now rummaging around in the 3rd drawer ... some stroke play might be appropriate.

Since we are at the front of the draw maybe some front foot work.

post-104736-0-20995500-1339728230_thumb. . post-104736-0-59511900-1339728228_thumb.

Might dig towards the back of the drawer a little bit later.

So off now to the Fish Farm for the 2,000th post ... I like it down where with the Farming Folk.

Real salt of the Earth type people who I am sure enjoy a brew or two ... coffee1.gif

Congratulations on the 2000!

For anyone new to the thread...

What do you think about cricket?

Do you agree Thailand needs cricket?

Can you think of any problems in Thailand that can't be fixed by cricket?

Do you like cucumber sandwiches?

How many knees do you have and are they working well?

Feel free to answer any or all of the above, or express anything else that is on your mind...

Please note: non-coffee related posts are preferred by some of us (but not all of us)

But the Cricketing thread is not forgotten ... this will be my 2001 Odyssey.

So, with the finger now firmly probably towards the back, dark recesses.

post-104736-0-45321300-1339733351_thumb. . post-104736-0-63729800-1339733353_thumb.

Some back foot defensive work.

I know the pathos will be lost.

But this struck a particular cord with me ... since this is my 2001 Odyssey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukeHdiszZmE

Stop Dave, I'm Afraid ...

Don't worry brit1984 ... no-one ever watches the Clips ... they just look at the pretty pictures.

I was very nervous when you started

post-104736-0-45321300-1339733351_thumb. . post-104736-0-63729800-1339733353_thumb.

Some back foot defensive work.

I know the pathos will be lost.

I can understand how you might find yourself on the back foot, after probing your dark back recesses. I understand you mean you were rummaging in your drawers, but I feel you ought still to be on the defensive.

You might find, and I learnt this from my defensive driving course, that the best form of defence is attack.

Take a couple of steps down the wicket; break into a run, even. Perform a hakka while the bowler polishes his ball...

Remember, God did not give us two knees so that we could take it on the chin

SC

TV Cricket

The Tream with Two Knees

Cowboy-behind you!

That's not a toaster, that's a gorilla!

... Know when to run!

Take a couple of steps down the wicket; break into a run, even. Perform a hakka while the bowler polishes his ball...

SC

TV Cricket

The Tream with Two Knees

Cowboy-behind you!

... Know when to run!

Wise words indeed. While the Haka is a southern hemisphere phenomenon ... it's a New Zealand Custom for which we Aussies do not participate.

post-104736-0-49239500-1339750560_thumb.

But, so I should be fore warned, is this the action I should be looking for?

SC

TV Cricket

The Tream with Two Knees

Cowboy-behind you!

... Know when to run!

Wise words indeed. While the Haka is a southern hemisphere phenomenon ... it's a New Zealand Custom for which we Aussies do not participate.

I should have to stand crouched over at the crease for fear of standing up facing a bowler like that. To avoid derisive jeers from the crowd I might be as well to play wearing my welder's helmet... the one that I wear while driving, to avoid being distracted by the students in their respectable uniforms...

SC

TV Cricket

Focus on the knees

I was very nervous when you started

I can understand how you might find yourself on the back foot, after probing your dark back recesses. I understand you mean you were rummaging in your drawers, but I feel you ought still to be on the defensive.

Thanks SC ... you are truly possessive of an interpretive mind.

Somehow my 'Drawers' did not make into my post ... just the 'back, dark recesses' bit.

But lets not mention my underwear further ... ermm.gif

For those unfamiliar to the New Zealand Haka that SC mentions above ... here is a great example.

I had the privilege of attending that game in Brisbane Australia.

Sometimes things do not translate from TV into the actual live action.

That night it was electric ...

I don't want to be the doom and gloom merchant here,though that is my trade.

India, Pakistan and Zimbabwe all have cricket, have done for generations.

A quick look at any of these countries shows them to be even more messed up than Thailand.

Is it possible that you are out for a duck on this one?

SC

TV Cricket

The Tream with Two Knees

Cowboy-behind you!

... Know when to run!

I should have to stand crouched over at the crease for fear of standing up facing a bowler like that. To avoid derisive jeers from the crowd I might be as well to play wearing my welder's helmet... the one that I wear while driving, to avoid being distracted by the students in their respectable uniforms...

SC

TV Cricket

Focus on the knees

and then absurd but presumeably respectible women TV presenters go all wobbly about pakistani boys rubbing cricket balls against their crotch on the pitch...and then you raise yer arms and say: 'I am a white boy and I can play cricket too...'

and then the apologists shout: 'racism and attactive English female journalists have no place...'

but do the licentious wimmen care?...nooo

give me baseball any day as spitting tobacco juice keeps women in their place...

Can someone update the thread on kevjohn physical condition?

Seems unusual for sneaky single taker to be absent for an extended period.

I was hoping that he'd be reply soon with his 'stats' for this thread.

I'm hoping he's done a runner when he heard King Kong' was looking for the blokes that damaged his motor a few pages back.

SC

TV Cricket

The team with two knees

I hear you knocking...

To avoid derisive jeers from the crowd I might be as well to play wearing my welder's helmet... the one that I wear while driving,

Every time you mention that I always get this image ... post-104736-0-97262600-1339752766_thumb.

SC warming up the Roller?

A quick look at any of these countries shows them to be even more messed up than Thailand.

I think India is doing ok, Zimbabwe has a bad boss and Pakistan has had some bad bosses.

Zimbabwe and Pakistan have both of course seen much better days (with much of their old success driven by cricket).

One only has to look at the success story that is Australia to see what "can" be achieved by cricket.

If someone came into bat (as prime minister) there and started slogging across the line, Australia may collapse too.

To avoid derisive jeers from the crowd I might be as well to play wearing my welder's helmet... the one that I wear while driving,

Every time you mention that I always get this image ... post-104736-0-97262600-1339752766_thumb.

SC warming up the Roller?

That would be ideal for downtown Bangkok, where windows and a windscreen would be just too distracting.

I could take off my helmet and enjoy some fresh air around my shiny head.

SC

TV Cricket

Polish below your knees

and they'll come up nice and shinny

Not too sure how this thread has lasted.. but.. i post rarely.. lurk a lot.. love cricket and everybody should play or at least appreciate the game.. it has a calming yet competitive feel.. breaks down many barriers... and as quite a tense person, this is obviously a good thing

Not too sure how this thread has lasted.. but.. i post rarely.. lurk a lot.. love cricket and everybody should play or at least appreciate the game.. it has a calming yet competitive feel.. breaks down many barriers... and as quite a tense person, this is obviously a good thing

New batsman clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Thats the thing about this thread....It is like those soapies on TV leave and come back a month later and it is still the same. Very relaxing.

Have a coffee and stay a while. ps David doesn't like coffee and kevjohn ruins his with salt but that is life.

New batsman clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Oh dear, brit1984 has given him the clap already. Where's the team physio with the wire brush and dettol? JT?

SC

TV Cricket

A quick squirt of WD40

And your knees'll be fine

Welcome to the thread... we are pleased you joined in...

Are you a batsman or a bowler? or a cheerleader?

Anyway, thanks for your support and feel free to post more of your views on cricket

Or just lurk (from the members' area with your cucumber sandwiches) if you prefer...

Hang on mate......I thought u had resigned your position and retired...now here u are again!

This isn't one of those tax things is it? Retire, get the benefits, then make the comeback?

If it is, let me know how I can best do it..thumbsup.gif

I think India is doing ok, Zimbabwe has a bad boss and Pakistan has had some bad bosses.

Zimbabwe and Pakistan have both of course seen much better days (with much of their old success driven by cricket).

One only has to look at the success story that is Australia to see what "can" be achieved by cricket.

If someone came into bat (as prime minister) there and started slogging across the line, Australia may collapse too.

2800+ comments and NOW necronx tells us!

Seriously though... Pakistan is a shining light and inspiration to future Thai Cricket teams. You only have to look at how much money Pakistan players have been able to make from the game, and that is not even from their contracts!

Zimbabwe. Great Cricket role model. All that land reallocation to the poor working class ex-soldiers. Just shows what a bit of nationalism can achieve!

India. Biggest middle class in the world. So many University graduates that they had to start up an entire call centre business to help them improve their English skills. Of course nearly all these graduates are from cricket loving families!

SC

TV Cricket

The Tream with Two Knees

Cowboy-behind you!

... Know when to run!

SC

TV Cricket

Focus on the knees

It is photos like this that shows why the team needs david48

A lurker!

Ahhhh...reminds me of my misspent youth. Glad I was never caught. whistling.gif

Hang on mate......I thought u had resigned your position and retired...now here u are again!

This isn't one of those tax things is it? Retire, get the benefits, then make the comeback?

If it is, let me know how I can best do it..thumbsup.gif

Fair comment ...

Just emptying my drawers.

Just have a lot of 'Junk in the Trunk' to jettison.

May take a tad longer then the week-end as, if this thread warms up, the draws prove a little more sticky to open and dump.

post-104736-0-67206700-1339759999_thumb. . post-104736-0-32236200-1339759998_thumb.

We haven't even done the science of swing yet.

Thai Visa Cricket Team ... teaching you how to swing.

Edited by David48

Well here we are guys. Sorry about the long morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner breaks, but they were unavoidable.

To answer David48 re run count, I was doing some calculations just before I was called away, and it would be in the vicinity of 550 give or take 50 either side.

Have not had the chance to read through all the posts since my last one but will do.

Great to be back and hopefully help with why "Thailand Needs Cricket"

ps.......Glade to see you still posting PM. Did you take up the position of coffee maker? if so, I could use a hot one now.

I'm hoping he's done a runner when he heard King Kong' was looking for the blokes that damaged his motor a few pages back.

SC

TV Cricket

The team with two knees

I hear you knocking...

OK OK I can take the blame, but at least, I keep my eyes on the road, when I'm driving......smile.png

Can't blame me that me seeing eye dog didn't see his motor....sad.png