Thailand Needs Cricket

Can someone update the thread on kevjohn physical condition?

Seems unusual for sneaky single taker to be absent for an extended period.

I was hoping that he'd be reply soon with his 'stats' for this thread.

Well here we are guys. Sorry about the long morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner breaks, but they were unavoidable.

To answer David48 re run count, I was doing some calculations just before I was called away, and it would be in the vicinity of 550 give or take 50 either side.

Have not had the chance to read through all the posts since my last one but will do.

Great to be back and hopefully help with why "Thailand Needs Cricket"

ps.......Glade to see you still posting PM. Did you take up the position of coffee maker? if so, I could use a hot one now.

Tea and Strawberry/cream scones really take their toll. Thats forgetting the Cucumber sandwiches too. whistling.gif

Can't forget the Cucumber sandwiches. Had them with the Cricket topping.wink.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I know that you are thinking (of the YouTube clip above) ... OK, it's about Cricket and the USA ... but how can that help Thailand.

Well, I am a share owner of TRUE and their stocks have taken a hit, even before the Soccer Fiasco and maybe this could be a path back to glory for them.

Edited by David48

Not too sure how this thread has lasted.. but.. i post rarely.. lurk a lot.. love cricket and everybody should play or at least appreciate the game.. it has a calming yet competitive feel.. breaks down many barriers... and as quite a tense person, this is obviously a good thing

Thats the thing about this thread....It is like those soapies on TV leave and come back a month later and it is still the same. Very relaxing.

Have a coffee and stay a while. ps David doesn't like coffee and kevjohn ruins his with salt but that is life.

Still waiting to hear if David48 has taken on the position of coffee maker.....had to make me own...sad.png

Not too sure how this thread has lasted.. but.. i post rarely.. lurk a lot.. love cricket and everybody should play or at least appreciate the game.. it has a calming yet competitive feel.. breaks down many barriers... and as quite a tense person, this is obviously a good thing

Welcome to the team....clap2.gif

Well here we are guys. Sorry about the long morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner breaks, but they were unavoidable.

To answer David48 re run count, I was doing some calculations just before I was called away, and it would be in the vicinity of 550 give or take 50 either side.

Have not had the chance to read through all the posts since my last one but will do.

ps.......Glade to see you still posting PM. Did you take up the position of coffee maker? if so, I could use a hot one now.

Tea and Strawberry/cream scones really take their toll. Thats forgetting the Cucumber sandwiches too. whistling.gif

...happy birthday batsman! clap2.gif

Take a couple of steps down the wicket; break into a run, even. Perform a hakka while the bowler polishes his ball...

SC

TV Cricket

The Tream with Two Knees

Cowboy-behind you!

That's not a toaster, that's a gorilla!

... Know when to run!

Wise words indeed. While the Haka is a southern hemisphere phenomenon ... it's a New Zealand Custom for which we Aussies do not participate.

post-104736-0-49239500-1339750560_thumb.

But, so I should be fore warned, is this the action I should be looking for?

I should have to stand crouched over at the crease for fear of standing up facing a bowler like that. To avoid derisive jeers from the crowd I might be as well to play wearing my welder's helmet... the one that I wear while driving, to avoid being distracted by the students in their respectable uniforms...

SC

TV Cricket

Focus on the knees

It is photos like this that shows why the team needs david48

He can spot a ball-polisher a mile off

SC

TV Cricket

Its not rocket science

But, as you can see, some parts of America clearly isn't ready for the full force of Cricket.

Maybe she should have started with Cumcumber Sandwiches.

Don't have to watch past the Lunch Interval on this one.

Edited by David48

Don't tell JT ... but Cricket apparently is alive and well in the U S of A ...

Also of note is this YouTube clip ... but I seem to have misplaced 3 WicketS somewhere ...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAv_-WGc7_I

Amazing!...

Can't forget the Cucumber sandwiches. Had them with the Cricket topping.wink.png

Cricket sandwiches do not contain crickets; I thought I told you already...

But, as you can see, some parts of America clearly isn't ready for the full force of Cricket.

Maybe she should have started with Cumcumber Sandwiches.

Don't have to watch past the Lunch Interval on this one.

She's a choker mate....

We couldn't rely on her under pressure

But Boss....I like crickets

Hang on mate......I thought u had resigned your position and retired...now here u are again!

This isn't one of those tax things is it? Retire, get the benefits, then make the comeback?

If it is, let me know how I can best do it..thumbsup.gif

Fair comment ...

Just emptying my drawers.

Just have a lot of 'Junk in the Trunk' to jettison.

May take a tad longer then the week-end as, if this thread warms up, the draws prove a little more sticky to open and dump.

post-104736-0-67206700-1339759999_thumb. . post-104736-0-32236200-1339759998_thumb.

We haven't even done the science of swing yet.

Thai Visa Cricket Team ... teaching you how to swing.

Another of the trade secret of the game available to all and sundry on the internet.

Gone are the days of NSW importing Imran Kahn to learn his 'bottle top' make the ball swing techniques......*sigh* .

David48....Do you consider yourself a practitioner of the 'Art of Swing'?

Would you call yourself a 'practised Swinger'?

No kevjohn ... I have no interest in coffee what so ever. Hint...Hint ... ermm.gif

However I do have a great interest in promoting the great game of Cricket to the Thai Nation.

So, as I unload the draws I unload the promotional material has been gathered by myself in anticipation that this thread would reach post-104736-0-64789500-1339762504_thumb. Infinity and Beyond!

Edited by David48

I don't know which caterer you're going to, but I really think you've got good grounds for complaint.

And don't get me started on the toad-in-the-hole I had in the pub the other night. And the beef wellingtons?

Talk about fraudulent advertising!

On TV Cricket, what you see is what you get, if you're wearing a welders' helmet

SC

TV Cricket

The Team with Two Knees

Well because I have never married I do try and keep my balls polished.

But I rely more on the Seam Action ... if you know what I mean ... whistling.gif

But I rely more on the Seam Action ... if you know what I mean ... whistling.gif

hmmm...not really.

Could you please explain? I understand pictures the best.

No kevjohn ... I have no interest in coffee what so ever. Hint...Hint ... ermm.gif

However I do have a great interest in promoting the great game of Cricket to the Thai Nation.

So, as I unload the draws I unload the promotional material has been gathered by myself in anticipation that this thread would reach post-104736-0-64789500-1339762504_thumb.

Very positive. Same visions that I have for this thread.

I don't want to be the doom and gloom merchant here,though that is my trade.

India, Pakistan and Zimbabwe all have cricket, have done for generations.

A quick look at any of these countries shows them to be even more messed up than Thailand.

Is it possible that you are out for a duck on this one?

I think India is doing ok, Zimbabwe has a bad boss and Pakistan has had some bad bosses.

Zimbabwe and Pakistan have both of course seen much better days (with much of their old success driven by cricket).

One only has to look at the success story that is Australia to see what "can" be achieved by cricket.

If someone came into bat (as prime minister) there and started slogging across the line, Australia may collapse too.

2800+ comments and NOW necronx tells us!

Seriously though... Pakistan is a shining light and inspiration to future Thai Cricket teams. You only have to look at how much money Pakistan players have been able to make from the game, and that is not even from their contracts!

Zimbabwe. Great Cricket role model. All that land reallocation to the poor working class ex-soldiers. Just shows what a bit of nationalism can achieve!

India. Biggest middle class in the world. So many University graduates that they had to start up an entire call centre business to help them improve their English skills. Of course nearly all these graduates are from cricket loving families!

It is also worth noting that cricket is in competition with other religions in these countries.

Zimbabwe, for example, has some rather strict christians (and a few nuttier local religions).

Pakistan is mostly a muslim country (with no shortage of people who take it all a bit too seriously).

Indians (from what I remember of my primary school religious studies classes) are Hindus and believe in a two-headed elephant god (who has remarkable 360 degrees vision).

With the distraction of these other gods, the full benefits of cricket have yet to be realised in these countries.

I am not saying that Thais will need to give up buddhism to reap the full benefits from cricket, as buddhism is quite accepting of other faiths and doesn't have a "god" as such, although (obviously) there is a strong correlation between the belief one puts in the power of cricket and one's happiness (both before and after death, maybe).

So ... back to the future promotional ideas ... flowing on from a previous post over leaf, I am proud to present the Cricketing Calender produced for another Cricking Nation for this year.

I am sure that, if kevjohn can be convinced to stop with all the coffee malarky and concentrated on the Cheer Leading Coaching duties, he would be able to assemble a team worthy of, if not better then this on Display!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQPgfbgj5uU

So, kevjohn ... are you prepared to give up the habit of your posting lifetime, knuckle down and be on with the task at hand?

hmmm...not really.

Well, being a visual kind of guy myself, I am happy to oblige.

post-104736-0-66679700-1339763514_thumb.

However, this being a Family Thread, I am somewhat limited as to what can be graphically represented.

Subtle seam work on display.

Less then subtle ... http://www.ebaumswor.../view/81758442/

hmmm...not really.

Well, being a visual kind of guy myself, I am happy to oblige.

post-104736-0-66679700-1339763514_thumb.

However, this being a Family Thread, I am somewhat limited as to what can be graphically represented.

Subtle seam work on display.

Less then subtle ... http://www.ebaumswor.../view/81758442/

The term 'worst' is subjective in this case.

So ... back to the future promotional ideas ... flowing on from a previous post over leaf, I am proud to present the Cricketing Calender produced for another Cricking Nation for this year.

I am sure that, if kevjohn can be convinced to stop with all the coffee malarky and concentrated on the Cheer Leading Coaching duties, he would be able to assemble a team worthy of, if not better then this on Display!

So, kevjohn ... are you prepared to give up the habit of your posting lifetime, knuckle down and be on with the task at hand?

We definitely need the calendar..

Thailand offers ample opportunities for willing models

You have shown me the follies of my coffee drinking and record run scoring.......sad.png

After viewing that, I now drink only water, with water added and reduce my runs so that I can attend to the task now at hand......smile.png

You have shown me the follies of my coffee drinking and record run scoring.......sad.png

After viewing that, I now drink only water, with water added and reduce my runs so that I can attend to the task now at hand......smile.png

Not trying to change your style, but you will get more street cred with better stroke making.

Now that both hands are free, grab what ever comes your way and get on with the task at hand.

If you find you come up short ... OH ... sorry, I didn't mean that ... short of appropriate Lassies, then give me a hoy and I'll see what I can rustle up!

Not trying to change your style, but you will get more street cred with better stroke making.

Now that both hands are free, grab what ever comes your way and get on with the task at hand.

If you find you come up short ... OH ... sorry, I didn't mean that ... short of appropriate Lassies, then give me a hoy and I'll see what I can rustle up!

I hope you don't regret that you made that offer re seeing what you can rustle up.

This position is fun. My old eyes can certainly take it.

Never posted a you tube link so hope it works

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/Qx5zhbWOqa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Will need to do some more research.

Edited by kevjohn