Rbs And Santander Merger

having experienced the worst customer service trying to trans.money to thailand this has put the lid on rbs.they have just been voted worst bank in the uk.for cust.serv.taking the crown off santander, anyone has any sugestions as to which bank in the uk i can have my pensions paid into or will i have to go offshore.

I bank with RBS, the Dartford branch and have done so for over twenty years. I don't have any problems transferring money to Thailand. I set up the sequencial number/letter system with them a 2-3 years ago now.

I just print off my standard letter ... which states the amount that I want transferring in GBP (not THB) ... include the next number/letters on my list and Fax the letter to my branch. There they check that the number that I gave them is the next one on their list also and that is the security check ie they know it's me .

The GBP arrives at Bangkok Bank here in one or two days ... never a problem

Done ... if you write to your bank ... just make sure that you state to be opened in branch ... else you get it dealt with by a complete load of idiots! Who I guess you may have met!

PM me if I haven't explained the system sufficiently for you.

I often read postings slagging various banks off about international transfers here, then other posts praising the same banks.

By and large, all UK high street banks offer the same international payment / transfer services. The trick is, simply, to get the arrangements set up correctly in the first place. If you take time to do that (and it does take a bit of time and clarification), then there are hardly any issues in making and receiving your payments.

Look at it from another point of view. You're asking a bank to send a bunch of money out of the country to a 'less-than-totally-honest' country like Thailand. Unless they're 100% sure that the instruction is kosher, they won;t allow your money to disappear to another country. Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you suddenly saw a payment to Thailand that you hadn't authorised.

I am always amazed at the time it takes people to receive cash into their banks from overseas. Citibank in Tokyo to Kasikorn Bank... less than 2 hours. If one bank can process the transaction in this space of time, I would think that others should be pretty close to it. This two day stuff sounds like poor service to me.

I bank with RBS, the Dartford branch and have done so for over twenty years. I don't have any problems transferring money to Thailand. I set up the sequencial number/letter system with them a 2-3 years ago now.

I just print off my standard letter ... which states the amount that I want transferring in GBP (not THB) ... include the next number/letters on my list and Fax the letter to my branch. There they check that the number that I gave them is the next one on their list also and that is the security check ie they know it's me .

The GBP arrives at Bangkok Bank here in one or two days ... never a problem

Done ... if you write to your bank ... just make sure that you state to be opened in branch ... else you get it dealt with by a complete load of idiots! Who I guess you may have met!

PM me if I haven't explained the system sufficiently for you.

thanks for that i wouldnt call them idiots they just havnt got the brains to be one just making a mockery of the words customer services.the bigest problem is the acc.is in scotland when my local branch is in the south if it wasnt for the local staff i dont know what we would have done.i have just found out a new acc.has been set up without any explanation or contact rbs/santander but at my local branch [checked sort code] i just hope i can trans.money uk.to thailand once a year.despite many complaints and a letter to head office not had one reply[and a copy of tel.calls made to them] i will give my local branch a try, so if i have to deal with the so called idiots at their call centers they can go and f--- themselves

I often read postings slagging various banks off about international transfers here, then other posts praising the same banks.

By and large, all UK high street banks offer the same international payment / transfer services. The trick is, simply, to get the arrangements set up correctly in the first place. If you take time to do that (and it does take a bit of time and clarification), then there are hardly any issues in making and receiving your payments.

Look at it from another point of view. You're asking a bank to send a bunch of money out of the country to a 'less-than-totally-honest' country like Thailand. Unless they're 100% sure that the instruction is kosher, they won;t allow your money to disappear to another country. Imagine how pissed off you'd be if you suddenly saw a payment to Thailand that you hadn't authorised.

we had been sending money to thailand for many years to the same acc.when we bought land,house dep,the balance on the house,living exs.for a couple of years this was done while we where in the uk.we had thought every thing had been set up for once a year trans when we left the uk.but it became obvious this was not the case what followed you cannot believe just an insult to our intellegance.

There is more than one irate Santander customer cursing their banking service. However when one suggests that they just change banks if things are that bad, they say 'oh no, can't do that, Santander interest rates are much better'. So, you would rather have poor service than a lower interest rate? Answer is yes. Save your sympathy.

There is more than one irate Santander customer cursing their banking service. However when one suggests that they just change banks if things are that bad, they say 'oh no, can't do that, Santander interest rates are much better'. So, you would rather have poor service than a lower interest rate? Answer is yes. Save your sympathy.

i am not a santander customer by choice rbs have sold their southern business to them and as i live in los i have not had the choice.good service and lower interest in my book goes a long way poor service doesnt.my investments will not be with santander as they have toooo many fingers in the pot already in the uk.and being a spanish bank although the f.s.a. covers you for £85,000 living abroad doesnt help if they go down the pan.already cc.in the uk have closed their overnight accs.and shifted their funds not to be caught out like a lot were by the iceland bank collapse.but one thing i can do is let my acc.be run by imbersiles north of the border NOT A F---ING chance.