Manchester United

redrus

I nearly p1ssed my pants with some of those comments above. Get a grip lads and put in into perspective. It was a friendly and your last competetive matched that you played, you got a good spanking. Short memories eh.

Let's get at least 10 games into the season before spouting off.

Behave yourself sunny jim....! Its not so long ago your season was over ten games in so, who's a short memory.....!!! (when was the last time we went 2 years in a row empty handed......?) (OOooh, I've forgotten, short memory kickin in again.... :whistling: )

I know only too well where we have come from and the pain we have suffered Redrus. That's why I'm not the one who is gobbing off about "how great we are". Maybe you lot could do with a few seasons of winning nothing, to take the arrogance away.

But thats just it isn't it. 90% of Man Yoo fans , after a couple of seasons winning nothing would probably all start supporting another team, like Barca. :lol:

Edited by carmine

Carmine, pick the battles you think you can win, I suggest the west ham thread ;)

I just won this one James with a one liner the whole of the uk football public would agree with. :) Anyway, don't be so sensative, :D most of us are confident you'll win the title again, especially if City don't appoint a new coach, which they won't.

My point carmine is spurs supporters spend more time talking trash than about the game itself.

Have you ever listened to a Spurs fan, apart from, that is, the regular three of us on here, who are having a laugh at you fair weather glory hunters? What are you going on about talking trash?! :lol: i thought i was just stating the obvious.

Why don't you ask me how many Man Utd fans i have spoken to that have'nt even been to Manchester let alone Old Trafford? I'll tell you, the answers an aweful lot and 90% have never been near the place. If thats trash, why you keep biting!

Oh and...i have been to Old Trafford btw. :) Did'nt have much of a problem with the accents either.

My point carmine is spurs supporters spend more time talking trash than about the game itself.

Have you ever listened to a Spurs fan, apart from, that is, the regular three of us on here, who are having a laugh at you fair weather glory hunters? What are you going on about talking trash?! :lol: i thought i was just stating the obvious.

Why don't you ask me how many Man Utd fans i have spoken to that have'nt even been to Manchester let alone Old Trafford? I'll tell you, the answers an aweful lot and 90% have never been near the place. If thats trash, why you keep biting!

Oh and...i have been to Old Trafford btw. :) Did'nt have much of a problem with the accents either.

And don't forget carmine. Jimbob went to Manchester once and didn't even go to OT then :lol:

And don't forget carmine. Jimbob went to Manchester once and didn't even go to OT then :lol:

IF you weren't a MOD I will say that being bitter comes naturally to you - but I am too nice to say that. BTW - I heard you signed WS today?

Well here we go again a few months of sleepless nights.

I have watched al the pre season "friendlies" from the US and have been pleasantly surprised by the progress some players have made. Anderson is at last starting to show why United paid so much for him and scoring goals something he has failed to do for 2 years.Wellbeck has added a few kilos of muccle, no longer a gangly kid,Phil Jones for me will be a future England captain and in tandem with Chris Smalling the backbone of United and the national side for years to come. The usual critics said SAF paid too much for Smalling well he is now worth twice what he cost.I mentioned last season that Cleveley would come through and he has big time,great energy and ambition.

And to the game against City called by some as a "friendly" a possible nomination for the seasons most stupid remark.Didn't look to friendly to me what 5 or 6 yellows for City, 2 for United. Nani was suberb and seems to have matured as a person,no theatrics ,Young was brilliant and looks at home. So many positives and a Manager who wasn't scared to take of his stars and put the kids on. I didnt see any negatives apart from who is going to be be warming the bench. The much maligned Berbatov is going to struggle in a side that SAF seems intent on building on pace. Berbs will not be happy and while people rubbish him being joint top scoree last season sealed the trophy and that should not be forgotten.

I have watched al the pre season "friendlies" from the US and have been pleasantly surprised by the progress some players have made. Anderson is at last starting to show why United paid so much for him and scoring goals something he has failed to do for 2 years.Wellbeck has added a few kilos of muccle, no longer a gangly kid,Phil Jones for me will be a future England captain and in tandem with Chris Smalling the backbone of United and the national side for years to come. The usual critics said SAF paid too much for Smalling well he is now worth twice what he cost.I mentioned last season that Cleveley would come through and he has big time,great energy and ambition.

And to the game against City called by some as a "friendly" a possible nomination for the seasons most stupid remark.Didn't look to friendly to me what 5 or 6 yellows for City, 2 for United. Nani was suberb and seems to have matured as a person,no theatrics ,Young was brilliant and looks at home. So many positives and a Manager who wasn't scared to take of his stars and put the kids on. I didnt see any negatives apart from who is going to be be warming the bench. The much maligned Berbatov is going to struggle in a side that SAF seems intent on building on pace. Berbs will not be happy and while people rubbish him being joint top scoree last season sealed the trophy and that should not be forgotten.

So you arrive at all that from watching afew friendlies ,You havent got a clue. Nani has matured yet just afew months ago he was crying like a baby in front of the kop GET REAL

I agree with most of your post but where on Gods earth do you get the "Young was brilliant." He was incredibly dog average. As usual his speed covers up for his lack of technical ability. hugely overated/overpriced but ok for the premier league. No way intrnational standard.

SAF nonetheless has created a superb transition in the team in seemingly no time at all and Utd will be favourites for #20. He just seems to get better.

Cleverley was superb as was Smalling. Most of us on here were impressed with Smalling from the start if i remember right. Johns is obvious quaity and Welbeck has amazing workrate.

I've watched De Gea a few times before and whilst not having a great game i think he's a solid keeper too.

So you arrive at all that from watching afew friendlies ,You havent got a clue. Nani has matured yet just afew months ago he was crying like a baby in front of the kop GET REAL

I agree with you about Nani and i hope someone breaks his leg as due punishment for his loathesome behaviour since he stained the premier league. :)

That aside, Utd are looking really strong and will take a lot of beating over 38 games.

What should worry City fans is that Utd's players seemed to show a greater hunger to win. If the boot was on the other foot, City would never have come back as Utd did.

Still, everthing to play for, can't wait.

Carmine?

I thought you was the wind up merchant?

Who what team does this guy follow.......i would love to know and also where does he come from,letters on a postcard please! :whistling:

Just off out with the misses for a romantic dinner.......lookng forward to seeing the new Liverpool in the background.......................ok! nothing really changes then :D

Carmine?

I thought you was the wind up merchant?

Who what team does this guy follow.......i would love to know and also where does he come from,letters on a postcard please! :whistling:

Just off out with the misses for a romantic dinner.......lookng forward to seeing the new Liverpool in the background.......................ok! nothing really changes then :D

I never wind people up.

There is only one team i would follow.

All you will get from my keyboard is honesty.

BTW....how was your burger last night? :)

I have watched al the pre season "friendlies" from the US and have been pleasantly surprised by the progress some players have made. Anderson is at last starting to show

why United paid so much for him and scoring goals

something he has failed to do for 2 years.Wellbeck has

added a few kilos of muccle, no longer a gangly kid,Phil

Jones for me will be a future England captain and in

tandem with Chris Smalling the backbone of United and the

national side for years to come. The usual critics said SAF

paid too much for Smalling well he is now worth twice what

he cost.I mentioned last season that Cleveley would come

through and he has big time,great energy and ambition.

And to the game against City called by some as a

"friendly" a possible nomination for the seasons most stupid

remark.Didn't look to friendly to me what 5 or 6 yellows for

City, 2 for United. Nani was suberb and seems to have

matured as a person,no theatrics ,Young was brilliant and

looks at home. So many positives and a Manager who

wasn't scared to take of his stars and put the kids on. I

didnt see any negatives apart from who is going to be be

warming the bench. The much maligned Berbatov is going

to struggle in a side that SAF seems intent on building on

pace. Berbs will not be happy and while people rubbish

him being joint top scoree last season sealed the trophy

and that should not be forgotten.

So you arrive at all that from watching afew friendlies ,You

havent got a clue. Nani has matured yet just afew months

ago he was crying like a baby in front of the kop GET

REAL

Can cry all season for all I care as long as he does what he did last season.

The same Nani who had the most assists in the league last year(18)and 9 goals and 2 goals in charity shield. That's

REAL!

Your new keeper is crap isn't he?

Looks like Taibi cousin at the moment! Everyone inside the game believes he is top drawer. Maybe it will take a while!! Interesting to see if Ferguson sticks with him or gives Lindegaard a shot.

De Gea has been lucky that he hasn't cost us a game... Yet!

I've watched De Gea a few times before and whilst not having a great game i think he's a solid keeper too.

Carmine, after last night, do you still think this?

I reckon SAF will give him one more game and if eh does it again, then he's second choice. It's not just his abilities (or maybe nerves) that are in issues, but its impact on the whole team.

No, he is just settling in. Lets see after 10 games and 10 wins :D

BT

I do think we were very fortunate today though. :whistling:

Common sense from bigtoe saves the day :ermm::D

I would really sugest that you Man Yoo supporters give the lad more than 180 minutes before he's consigned (and 18.5m) to the scrap heap!! I mean, he has proven hiself rather good for Sir red Nose to pay that sort of cash. ;)

How would you like Gomez in goal for three years? :ph34r:

BT

I would really sugest that you Man Yoo supporters give the lad more than 180 minutes before he's consigned (and 18.5m) to the scrap heap!! I mean, he has proven hiself rather good for Sir red Nose to pay that sort of cash. ;)

Yeah its fair enough to have a slow syart. He needs to get a few games and build confidence. I do sense some nervousness on here...defensiveness as well ....Jimbo?? laugh.gif

Win nothing with kids! whistling.gif

Good result yesterday biggrin.gif

First 20 minutes was like the charity shield,then the next 70 was a struggle.... maybe the goalie and central defence pairings does take time to gel especially when you have injuries too both! rolleyes.gif still a win is a win and a great first weekend for the Reds.

BT

Yeah its fair enough to have a slow syart. He needs to get a few games and build confidence. I do sense some nervousness on here...defensiveness as well ....Jimbo?? laugh.gif

Can you imagine what they'd be like if they stop being a winning team aswell?

One thing we can be pretty sure of De Gea and that is he isnt crap. First team goalkeeper for Athelitco, a big price tag Ferguson making him number one at 20 is pretty unusual. Joe Hart for instance made his Premiership debut at about 22.

Essentially young goalkeepers are inherently inconsistent. And given that goalkeepers go on until they are 40 the obvious thing for Ferguson to do would be to pick a quality 25-28 year old with a lot of experience under his belt.

Mind you you have to be impressed with Ferguson to choose a goalkeeper, who because of his young age, will only show his true worth to the club after Ferguson is no longer manager. Bit of a difference than with Harry who seems to look for players that might serve him well in his final 12 months at the club.

Like Spurs^

I'm not sure. There be all sorts of teams you lot would start supporting i'd imagine. :D

Just to be serious for a moment MrRed i am very impressed with Jones and Cleverley. They already look top quality players. Smalling is also superb. I think Sir Red Nose could be around for quite a while yet. Anyway, more importantly, how do you think we'll have a player sent off, a clear goal disallowed, or Utd awarded a ridiculous penalty next monday? How many meters over the line will the ball need to be for our goal to stand? Wil it be Webb? Could it be Clattenburg?

BT

bIT OF A UNDERSTATEMENT THAT

New goalie should be a big worry to you . He gets caught with both feet planted in the turf. The mistakes are not missunderstandings with the defence but a lack of skill to make a save . He looks late going into the dive .

As to Anderson ,Well he is crap & you know it. Friendlies are just that & he has never cut the mustard.

Why do they let Nani take the free kicks ? He is abismal .