Manchester United

redrus

Bit of trivia out of the Reading game.apparently "Fergie time" is no longer.

Only 2 mins extra time awarded.There were 6 replacements, which rated at 30 secs each =3 minutes and Carricks head cut took up another 2-3 minutes.

Imagine the delight if Wazza scored ,and broke Sir Bobbys record,in the 94th minute,stuff dreams are made of.

Perhaps the 4th official thought Reading had enough but they had 55% possesion,United 45% but still managed 30 shots.

United finishing was actually quite poor, should have been almost double figures but we saw Rashford get the monkey off his back in style .

Carrick and Rooneys passing was sublime and Jap Stam on return looked fit enough to play and dismissed positvely all that ongoing krap about his fallout with SAF,he said it didnt happen..

Agree thought Stam look as fit as a fiddle and no doubt could probably still put a shift in ...i would much rather Rooney break the record at home to Liverpool that would be a bit special for an Evertonian breaking Uniteds goalscoring record against his most hated team wouldn't it!

Think Mourinho has stated he will play his strongest team hopefully we put the game to bed early if we start taking the chances that we are now making each match, although 2 legs it will still be tight.

Roll on Sunday! Big Big game that is now for both sides.

I said months ago - new manager - new players ................. they need time to build the team play and it is coming together

My only frustration watching them at the moment is the constant failure to counter attack, it often looks like they are actually waiting for the opposition team to get back from an attack and form a defensive barrier, it really really is annoying to watch especially when you have some of the teams they are playing quite happy to finish with a  0-0 point, it is only when Manu score that it opens up the game and then the counter is nowhere , for me that is the main difference between manu and the current top 4

It will be a tough game against Stoke

Edited by smedly

16 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Bit of trivia out of the Reading game.apparently "Fergie time" is no longer.

Only 2 mins extra time awarded.There were 6 replacements, which rated at 30 secs each =3 minutes and Carricks head cut took up another 2-3 minutes.

Imagine the delight if Wazza scored ,and broke Sir Bobbys record,in the 94th minute,stuff dreams are made of.

Perhaps the 4th official thought Reading had enough but they had 55% possesion,United 45% but still managed 30 shots.

United finishing was actually quite poor, should have been almost double figures but we saw Rashford get the monkey off his back in style .

Carrick and Rooneys passing was sublime and Jap Stam on return looked fit enough to play and dismissed positvely all that ongoing krap about his fallout with SAF,he said it didnt happen..

Sparks you got it wrong :cheesy:  Fergie time was added time when they was losing not when they were winning !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrRed said:

Agree thought Stam look as fit as a fiddle and no doubt could probably still put a shift in ...i would much rather Rooney break the record at home to Liverpool that would be a bit special for an Evertonian breaking Uniteds goalscoring record against his most hated team wouldn't it!

Think Mourinho has stated he will play his strongest team hopefully we put the game to bed early if we start taking the chances that we are now making each match, although 2 legs it will still be tight.

Roll on Sunday! Big Big game that is now for both sides.

Yeah our heads will fall off if he does that :coffee1: only needs another 97 to beat Ian Rush.

Is Mourinho actually going to try and play football against us, that would make a refreshing change!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, alfieconn said:

Perhaps we can name it Specialonetime when not enough time is added if they are winning :biggrin:

Breaking club records over rules that.Remember who signed Rooney and how many cameras were turned on SAF and Sir Bobby in hope.

I doubt Roo will be in the starting line up come Sunday

^ When i got dragged out there in the eighties as a kid, my parents told me there were teams just like Liverpool and al league just like Division 1 and Match of the Day.

Boy was I a sold a load of cobblers, the only thing I cared about was Liverpool and instead in Oz, Football was Rugby League and football was for "girls" and called "wogball" a "poofs game" and only had Les Murray on SBS, eventually. Meanwhile getting eternally slagged off for being a "bastard pom". 

Still taught me how to fight as youngster so there's always a silver lining. 

To be fair it wasn't long before proper club football had healthy numbers and grew fast where we lived and English televised games towards the end of the eighties became even better when cable arrived. 

"There was zero coverage of British football,all you got was results in Mondays papers if they remembered,obviously no TV coverage and maybe a scratchy radio broadcast."

It was like that in the late 80s when I worked there, thank god then for British Soccer Weekly. When I came here early 90s it was even worse, 15 minute highlight show on a Saturday and the FA Cup shown live (in Bobbys Arms). Now as expats were spoilt...and I love it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nev said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/penalties-injury-time-winners-facts-8723622

Well this proves otherwise, seems your team benefits the most and you still can't win the league?

Believe what you like Gary but bottom line is son you ain't won it since he left so get on your prayer mat and hope for a return of your messiah. 

Liverpool played well and dominated United,s midfield no question,first to every ball throughout I thought they had a couple of extra players,best game I,ve seen for a long time yet United created-and missed-more chances.

Lot of work yet to do for Mourinho but Klopp seams to be taking Liverpool in the right direction :thumbsup:

having switched over to the game i didnt see the line-up.

well when i saw, NO rooney,NO felleni,NO mata,NO ratchford 45minutes of insane football,the most costly player POGMA couldnt handle the big game he should have been replaced at half time,yet he stayed on the field for 95minutes.

a draw in the end was a fair result although liverpool had a great chance to win it.

Only Middlesborough have had more draws than United,8 to 7. While Liverpool dominated the midfield to some extent Pogba,who had a night mare game  and Mikkityryan missed golden opportunities and others like Rooney could not even hit the target.Here in to me lies the problem.If ony half of those drawn games had resulted in wins when United were dominating  top 4 would be a reality.Zlatan has scored 12, next best are Mata and Pogba are both on 4 and we are past the half way mark.

The lack of finishing is costing big time.

I would like to know, and others would I suggest, what is going on with Shaw. This season is fast disappearing which will mean that this highly talented young man will be going 2 season without being involved. His barnstorming runs would make  a huge difference. Darmien is not that bad, as a right footed left back, but he's no Dennis Irwin

Only Middlesborough have had more draws than United,8 to 7. While Liverpool dominated the midfield to some extent Pogba,who had a night mare game  and Mikkityryan missed golden opportunities and others like Rooney could not even hit the target.Here in to me lies the problem.If ony half of those drawn games had resulted in wins when United were dominating  top 4 would be a reality.Zlatan has scored 12, next best are Mata and Pogba are both on 4 and we are past the half way mark.

The lack of finishing is costing big time.

I would like to know, and others would I suggest, what is going on with Shaw. This season is fast disappearing which will mean that this highly talented young man will be going 2 season without being involved. His barnstorming runs would make  a huge difference. Darmien is not that bad, as a right footed left back, but he's no Dennis Irwin

I think Zlatan is joint top premier scorer with 14 goals. The others need to chip in a bit more, however.

On 1/17/2017 at 3:05 AM, Sparkles said:

What the papers are reporting today regarding Shaw is that some of United,s "senior" players have spoken to him regarding his attitude and to sort himself out sooner rather than later......we shall see :sad:

6 hours ago, petermik said:

What the papers are reporting today regarding Shaw is that some of United,s "senior" players have spoken to him regarding his attitude and to sort himself out sooner rather than later......we shall see :sad:

Senior or seedier?

On 1/18/2017 at 10:10 AM, petermik said:

As quoted by his agent yesterday that he is angry (the agent) about the untruth,s being reported by the press......he stated that Shaw was very happy at United and United were happy with him...........so there you go :whistling:

believe it or not :cheesy:

On 1/18/2017 at 10:35 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

It is generally thought that England had 3 World class players; Banks, Moore and Bobby Charlton; but you could make a strong case for Nobby being number 4. He twice had the better of Eusebio; in the 66 WC Semi and again in th 68 European Cup. In a 2 year period; along with Bobby Charlton; he won World Cup, First Division and European Cup winners medals. He was the pre-cursor for the likes of Makelele and Kante.

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Flop at this present time unfortunately,but reading what Maureen has just said about him............you never know,buy back clause is in part of the deal :sick:

who was it said "never say never"

13 hours ago, champers said:

It is generally thought that England had 3 World class players; Banks, Moore and Bobby Charlton; but you could make a strong case for Nobby being number 4. He twice had the better of Eusebio; in the 66 WC Semi and again in th 68 European Cup. In a 2 year period; along with Bobby Charlton; he won World Cup, First Division and European Cup winners medals. He was the pre-cursor for the likes of Makelele and Kante.

12 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^The sentiments about Nobby are nice, but world class....

After Denis Nobby was my number two favourite,United through and through and would have died for the club but world class no,went to a sportsmans  evening many years ago and Nobby was guest,fantastic night from a thoroughly humble and down to earth person his one regret was that contact lenses wern,t available to him earlier in his career as he wouldn,t have mis-timed so many tackles LOL.

I asked him on the night why he was always last out on the pitch tucking his shirt in as he came out and tying up his laces,he just laughed and said he didn,t realise that his superstitious little trait was that noticable.

Absolutely great character and until his illness used to go to the local Catholic church with Brian Kidd as they both attended the same Collyhurst school as kids.

Sad day for me when his time comes but probably a blessing also :sad: