Manchester United

redrus

28 minutes ago, wilai said:

Read your question again Ronnie. McTominay/Sane aren't English! If you aren't excluding those pesky foreigners then Sane gets my vote too.:thumbsup:

I added McTominay for a laff. carmine went for Sane overall.

So who is the best young English lad?

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I added McTominay for a laff. carmine went for Sane overall.

So who is the best young English lad?

Rashford would get a few votes, but Sterling ahead in that race......for now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Based on this season, Rashford isn't in the conversation. 

Buckets of potential that lad. A bit more maturity and I reckon he'll be lighting it up somewhere. Might end up being too attack minded for Mourinho.:whistling:

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Buckets of potential that lad. A bit more maturity and I reckon he'll be lighting it up somewhere. Might end up being too attack minded for Mourinho.:whistling:

Just needs to play more, but we have pretty good depth in his position, so if you don't perform every game you are out.

The frustrating thing is nobody from Rashford/Lingard/Mata/Martial has been consistent enough to nail down a spot. Wouldn't be surprised if Mata or Martial goes in the summer. Hopefully Martial. 

34 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Might end up being too attack minded for Mourinho.:whistling:

Typical Mou...............play like I want you too or else, and stifle a players natural instincts.

Play to their strengths and don't try to make a robot or defender out of a natural attacker.

Mourinho is not a good fit for Utd and I'd like to see him go asap as will win nothing this year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

^^^^^ that figures                                              for what its worth.not one stand out in my books

The exact reason I asked.

I can't think of a real standout either so its popcorn time this summer hopefully!

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Just needs to play more, but we have pretty good depth in his position, so if you don't perform every game you are out.

The frustrating thing is nobody from Rashford/Lingard/Mata/Martial has been consistent enough to nail down a spot. Wouldn't be surprised if Mata or Martial goes in the summer. Hopefully Martial. 

Play more?, He is one of our more used players, he was one of the most used players in world football in 2017.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5224263/Marcus-Rashford-used-player-2017-61-games.html

1 hour ago, nev said:

Play more?, He is one of our more used players, he was one of the most used players in world football in 2017.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5224263/Marcus-Rashford-used-player-2017-61-games.html

Yeah we all know he has been involved in every game as Jose always points out.... But we both know many of those appearances have been off the bench and he hasn't nailed down a place.  He's still young though.  

3 hours ago, nev said:

You really need to leave MrEd to paint his own fence nev...he gets very few mins a game and to me he should get many more....he's a cracking prospect.

Carmine "Its a widely shared view that Mourinho is yesterdays man."

Interestingly yesterdays man's "points tally is exactly the same as Tottenham had at the 31-game mark last season; Mauricio Pochettino's men then just seven points behind the leaders, Chelsea." (BBC)

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine "Its a widely shared view that Mourinho is yesterdays man."

Interestingly yesterdays man's "points tally is exactly the same as Tottenham had at the 31-game mark last season; Mauricio Pochettino's men then just seven points behind the leaders, Chelsea." (BBC)

And how much money has he spent?

Honestly its a ludicrous comparison.

55 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^The point was not so much a comparison with Poch, more a comparison with last years 2nd position to show yesterday's man isn't doing so bad contrary to the belief of some that he's a has-been.

trigg why post fudging stats?                      any sane footy follower                                         or                                           anayistics keepers etc etc                       based their stats season to season  as your fudging stats etc etc  give a wrong answer. but thats mostly par for the course . with your stats posts lol

Edited by evenstevens

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^The point was not so much a comparison with Poch, more a comparison with last years 2nd position to show yesterday's man isn't doing so bad contrary to the belief of some that he's a has-been.

He's spent 283m quid on players!!!!

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

trigg why post fudging stats?                      any sane footy follower                                         or                                           anayistics keepers etc etc                       based their stats season to season  as your fudging stats etc etc  give a wrong answer. but thats mostly par for the course . with your stats posts lol

I posted as follows to which E/S accuses me above of fudging stats.

"Interestingly yesterdays man's "points tally is exactly the same as Tottenham had at the 31-game mark last season; Mauricio Pochettino's men then just seven points behind the leaders, Chelsea." (BBC)"

What's your favourite type of pie E/S? Humble! 

Screenshot_2018-04-01-15-08-19.png

Screenshot_2018-04-01-15-08-57.png

10 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

triggg  your fudge stats  give a distorted view on  such a boring worthless  point,  doe,s the penny ever dropped ,apparently not ,now fluff off

Facts are facts lad. Suggest you check them out before commenting and embarrassing yourself. 

Firstly the fact I posted came from the BBC website and as shown above it was correct. Regardless of how much the teams in the top 6 have spent it shows yesterday's man to have the same points this season as Poch after 31games last season. He won 2 of the 4 trophies last season;  Poch hasn't won any. The point I was/am making was/is yesterday's man doesn't really look like a yesterday's man does he. I think what you were really trying to say Carmine about Mourinho is you don't like his style of play and his personality.

I also expect Mourinho to finish above Poch this season. Let's see though.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Firstly the fact I posted came from the BBC website and as shown above it was correct. Regardless of how much the teams in the top 6 have spent it shows yesterday's man to have the same points this season as Poch after 31games last season. He won 2 of the 4 trophies last season;  Poch hasn't won any. The point I was/am making was/is yesterday's man doesn't really look like a yesterday's man does he. I think what you were really trying to say Carmine about Mourinho is you don't like his style of play and his personality.

I also expect Mourinho to finish above Poch this season. Let's see though.

He is yesterday’s man as he is not evolving like Poch, Pepp and Klopp. He buys good players and doesn’t play to their strength, rather forces then into his system, hence his record for breaking good players and selling on good players. 

Without David De Gea that team would be a bit further down the table. 

This is my understanding and it makes perfect sense because football is meant to entertaining and you need to progress with changes at the very top. 

22 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

He is yesterday’s man as he is not evolving like Poch, Pepp and Klopp. He buys good players and doesn’t play to their strength, rather forces then into his system, hence his record for breaking good players and selling on good players. 

Without David De Gea that team would be a bit further down the table. 

This is my understanding and it makes perfect sense because football is meant to entertaining and you need to progress with changes at the very top. 

Never ceases to amaze me how otherwise fairly intelligent people get brainwashed by the media narrative:

"Mourinho forces his players to play in a system like oppressed factory workers"...."Klopp allows his players to roam free like beautiful wild animals in the forest."

You don't think Klopp or Pochettino have a system in mind when they buy players? 

Or is it because you are a scouser and this media narrative makes Liverpool sounds great? So carry on believing it. You are no closer to winning the league. 

9 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Never ceases to amaze me how otherwise fairly intelligent people get brainwashed by the media narrative:

"Mourinho forces his players to play in a system like oppressed factory workers"...."Klopp allows his players to roam free like beautiful wild animals in the forest."

You don't think Klopp or Pochettino have a system in mind when they buy players? 

Or is it because you are a scouser and this media narrative makes Liverpool sounds great? So carry on believing it. You are no closer to winning the league. 

Rick

Told you before,it,s pointless trying to have a reasonable discussion on here...the majority hate United...no matter what you try it will only be met with derision....give it up lad :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, petermik said:

Rick

Told you before,it,s pointless trying to have a reasonable discussion on here...the majority hate United...no matter what you try it will only be met with derision....give it up lad :thumbsup:

It is funny how we are in a way better position in the league and have a semi final in the fa cup coming up and we are still rubbish, This coming from fans of a team who gave 1 league cup to their name in 11 years.

Yes they are playing great football but at the end of the day it means nothing if you have no trophies to show.

In the 70's and 80's we sat back and watched a very boring Liverpool side win everything while we was playing fantastic football, Hill and Coppell on the wings tearing teams apart was great on the eye but at times we left ourselves exposed badly and lost many games we should have won and ended up with not much to show, sounds familiar ?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, nev said:

It is funny how we are in a way better position in the league and have a semi final in the fa cup coming up and we are still rubbish, This coming from fans of a team who gave 1 league cup to their name in 11 years.

Yes they are playing great football but at the end of the day it means nothing if you have no trophies to show.

In the 70's and 80's we sat back and watched a very boring Liverpool side win everything while we was playing fantastic football, Hill and Coppell on the wings tearing teams apart was great on the eye but at times we left ourselves exposed badly and lost many games we should have won and ended up with not much to show, sounds familiar ?

The yesterday's man title for Mourinho originated from our resident spurs "expert".

Maureen, Premier champion 2 years ago, won trophies 1 year ago, looks like finishing above Klopp and Poch and may win the FA Cup. Not until he goes a few seasons without winning anything should we even entertain calling him yesterday's man.

And here's me, a City fan, defending a ManU manager..."What a world we live in today".

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nev said:

Nev forget about the Spuds deluded fools on this forum, they are either trolls or planks, my very honest observatition on M/U  since the old tyrants departure,is that his boots have not been close to being filled, he was arguabley the greatest manager ever ,all managers since his retirement have fell short in all areas to recover  M/U glory days since his departure,and the present one is about over red over, in summing up M/city with Skull Pep at the wheel have stolen the march not just M/U but C/sea and Arsenal too ,forget Spuds just look at their D.N.A.best chokers or bottlers ever, L/Pool under  Klipperty are in my view the only club that has improved to match M/Citys rise to the top, have a nice evening

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The yesterday's man title for Mourinho originated from our resident spurs "expert".

Trigg it was E/S    Fluff it again,  but whats new  !!!! please take a rest , you need it  old laddy

Rick, Peter, Nev - we are 2 points behind you, we just twated the side that is 16 points infront of you..  again. This time in The Champions League, quarter final. They didn’t get a shot on target. 

Enjoy your FA cup semi.