Manchester United

redrus

10 minutes ago, nev said:

Not at all, Pep was brought in to win the champions league not spend half a billion and win exactly what Pelligrini did, come on lad you would have been better keeping the old fella.

I worry about if YOU seriously believe 

we "would have been better keeping the old fella".

Maybe after Maureen has been flicked after next season, YOU can start a 'Pellegrini IN' campaign if you think he's better than Pep. Oh lordy lordy!

12 minutes ago, nev said:

Not at all, Pep was brought in to win the champions league not spend half a billion and win exactly what Pelligrini did, come on lad you would have been better keeping the old fella.

It is well known that Pep was ALWAYS the first choice. Our owners wanted him first and foremost. Pellegrini was a stop gap whilst Pep was on sabatical. Pep has taken us far and beyond what Pellegrini could have with the style we play and although I liked him, we wouldn't have won the league by this many points with Pellegrini. As for CL, 2 incorrectly ruled out goals could have been a different outcome but we've been over that.

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It's great this is. United have to mention City in every post. I can hear your teeth grinding as you type and taste your bitterness from here. If lickle ol City have underachieved, how have the biggest club in the world faired this year?

2nd in La Liga and into the CL semis! :smile:

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No, no Carms. Don't ruin it for them. They don't accept that there is a bigger club than MU and the Theatre of Dross that is now being played

I know you haven't been a 'big club' for long, so you probably haven't realised this ......

The fact we are even giving you little digs means you are doing alright, cos for a long time you weren't on the radar. Take it as a compliment. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

100% this.

Mourinho is in the process of playing some players he isn't sure about in these last few games. That's the only way to know if they are good enough to make the cut. 

It actually takes a manager with balls to play players he doesn't have total confidence in, with a view to improving the squad in the long term.

Unfortunately a lot of fans / pundits operate in 'gold fish' mode which means they can't think long term. That's why they're not football managers.

He’s been there 2 years and spent a shit ton of money to now be working out which money was spent well and which wasn’t? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I know you haven't been a 'big club' for long, so you probably haven't realised this ......

The fact we are even giving you little digs means you are doing alright, cos for a long time you weren't on the radar. Take it as a compliment. 

Don't get that...realise what?  That Real Madrid's the biggest club in the world?  

Just now, BangrakBob said:

He’s been there 2 years and spent a shit ton of money to now be working out which money was spent well and which wasn’t? 

No... to be honest I think most of the players in danger weren't bought by him:

Herrera, Smalling, Jones, Martial could all be gone. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

No... to be honest I think most of the players in danger weren't bought by him:

Herrera, Smalling, Jones, Martial could all be gone. 

To be honest I think a progressive manager could do a lot better which that squad. 

The longer Mourinho stays the rest of us will be happy. 

Big season ahead this next one 

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

To be honest I think a progressive manager could do a lot better which that squad. 

The longer Mourinho stays the rest of us will be happy. 

Big season ahead this next one 

Ahh a 'progressive manager' :laugh:............. that would be the one who has been there a season longer than Mourinho, and won <deleted> all? 

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

He may well win the FA Cup but I'm sure after TWO YEARS in charge he can't be impressed with progress.

Do you reds think you'll win the Premier and/or CL next season if Maureen is in charge? A yes or no will suffice. 

46 minutes ago, nev said:

Well in my eyes you have,no tinted specs or out he has splashed the cash to win the bigger prizes not to do just the same as Pelligrini did, shocking how you got rid of him too.

As for us we have well underachieved and we all know that, and as for talking about city well you are all on here discussing united.

I agree with you on the bold underlined: biggest club in Britain has seriously underachieved for the past 5 seasons (since Fergie left in 2013) and there is nothing to suggest that will change. After '68 you went +20 years without winning the title, so maybe like Liverpool (also +20 years) you're in one those periods. 

28 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Ahh a 'progressive manager' :laugh:............. that would be the one who has been there a season longer than Mourinho, and won <deleted> all? 

Well net spend <deleted> all, into the CL semis and frankly looking one helluva lot better than United now and without the 300m spend.  Shooting yourself in the foot there Rick!!  They look way ahead of United in terms of a seasons progress.  You really can't see that!!?

49 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No, no Carms. Don't ruin it for them. They don't accept that there is a bigger club than MU and the Theatre of Dross that is now being played

I find it hilarious that none MU supporters spend more time and post more posts on the MU forum that they do on their own team forums, I wonder what drives the interest ? are they somehow magically drawn to anything related to the biggest and best football team the world has ever known :clap2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well net spend <deleted> all, into the CL semis and frankly looking one helluva lot better than United now and without the 300m spend.  Shooting yourself in the foot there Rick!!  They look way ahead of United in terms of a seasons progress.  You really can't see that!!?

Hold on.... it's not the supporter of a team with another 'progressive manager' that has won <deleted> all, is it? :laugh:

If Liverpool win the CL, come back and we can have a different conversation.

At the moment I see 2 years in which we have won the Europa League, League Cup, possibly the FA Cup, and positioned ourselves in the right place to take the next step - i.e. 2nd place. And we are the only team to have been involved with anything like a 'title race' at any time this season. If we can win the PL or CL next season, it will represent the perfect 3 year project for Mourinho.

Remember BangrakBob that Liverpool fans have been notorious for being empathetic to some bang average managers over the years, and not calling for their sacking. So please indulge us if we give one of the greatest managers ever the time to do his job properly. 

Edited by RickG16

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Hold on.... it's not the supporter of a team with another 'progressive manager' that has won <deleted> all, is it? :laugh:

At the moment I see 2 years in which we have won the Europa League, League Cup, possibly the FA Cup, and positioned ourselves in the right place to take the next step - i.e. 2nd place. And we are the only team to have been involved with anything like a 'title race' at any time this season. If we can win the PL or CL next season, it will represent the perfect 3 year project for Mourinho.

Remember BangrakBob that Liverpool fans have been notorious for being empathetic to some bang average managers over the years, and not calling for their sacking. So please indulge us if we give one of the greatest managers ever the time to do his job properly. 

Possibly the FA cup....you ain't even through the semis yet, and to be honest, its not good to brag about winning a league cup or whatever silly name it was called back then.

As for second, you haven't achieved that yet either.  You can be as bullish as a loyal fan should but in reality, theres little or no progress, just a league position made possible by the continued brilliance of Dave De Gea.  Without him these past four, five seasons Lord alone knows how painful it might have been.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I find it hilarious that none MU supporters spend more time and post more posts on the MU forum that they do on their own team forums, I wonder what drives the interest ? are they somehow magically drawn to anything related to the biggest and best football team the world has ever known :clap2:

What drives the interest?  Simple,  ManU are not liked by the great majority of fans of other clubs...but you knew that before you posted didn’t you.

Also prior to Rick showing up recently on here it was dead, so enjoy the renewed interest on your thread.

"the biggest and best football team the world has ever known" how old are you?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Oh I am taking it is a compliment Rick. I'm loving it and please accept our little digs back as a compliment also :thumbsup:

45 minutes ago, carmine said:

just a league position made possible by the continued brilliance of Dave De Gea.  Without him these past four, five seasons Lord alone knows how painful it might have been.  

Would be interesting to see what they'd be like without him

58 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If we can win the PL or CL next season, it will represent the perfect 3 year project for Mourinho.

Can't disagree with your first point.

Regarding your second point I asked earlier this afternoon do you reds think ManU, with or without Maureen, can win the PL and/or the CL next season, yes or no? So what's your honest opinion?

47 minutes ago, carmine said:

Without him these past four, five seasons Lord alone knows how painful it might have been.  

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Would be interesting to see what they'd be like without him

"If it wasn't for X......" is such a weak argument. How would Liverpool do without Salah, or Spurs without Kane? 

26 minutes ago, smedly said:

Its because the other threads don't have any chats going!!  Dear dear, here we go again, United fans being full of their own self importance.

49 minutes ago, carmine said:

its not good to brag about winning a league cup or whatever silly name it was called back then.

I appreciate you wouldn't know much about winning things....but you should never underestimate the importance of trophies.

It suggests good mentality when a team can negotiate through a competition, get to the final, and win it. It's also good experience. Look at the years before Fergie won his first PL:

1989/90 - FA Cup

1990/91 - Cup Winners Cup

1991/92 - League Cup 

43 minutes ago, carmine said:

just a league position made possible by the continued brilliance of Dave De Gea.

is there some reason why you think he is not part of the team squad, I can think of many instances were other teams including in the top 4 were goal keepers have saved the day, in fact the game against WBA was swayed by the outstanding performance of their keeper by keeping some great goal attempts goalless ......................... but then isn't that exactly what a goal keeper is supposed to be doing - stopping the ball going into the net

I honestly don't see the point of your post unless you believe that goal keepers are somehow not actually part of the team and they have some sort of imaginative part to play (only in your head it seems) in the game, what a weird post

8 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

"If it wasn't for X......" is such a weak argument. How would Liverpool do without Salah, or Spurs without Kane? 

ah but that's easy, because according to some the goal keeper isn't really part of the team - try figuring that one out

It has to be one of the stupidest points/arguments I have ever read on a football forum and in fact borders on trolling and baiting

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

The stats say we'd be fine actually.  Whilst we would of course prefer he playing we've adapted extremely well without.They stack up well.  

Not nearly so well i'd imagine in the case of De Gea and United's points tally.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

ah but that's easy, because according to some the goal keeper isn't really part of the team - try figuring that one out

It has to be one of the stupidest points/arguments I have ever read on a football forum and in fact borders on trolling and baiting

And who exactly said a keeper isn't part of the team? A figment of your imagination is that and i've never heard anyone say such tripe.  For five years he's been the most important member of your team.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Wow a few tin cups not the proper ones though are they? 

You obviously understand what progression means, I don’t see how after spending a shot ton of money you have progressed at all. Your fans can’t even be arsed staying to watch on the weekend. How is that progress.

Granted your team is currently second but I don’t see how you are positioned for a title challenge next season. Another 300 M in the summer might change that then, but it didn’t this season so it’s 50 50 on that one. 

The fact the actually beleive you were involved in a title race at any stage beyond autumn is bewildering. 

When I say progrsssion, I mean building a squad, playing better football, scoring more goals, letting few er in. Winning the big matches and becoming better than you were and getting even better again. This is building towards something and I’m happy to not win anything for now, knowing we are heading towards a proper trophy. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Just last week we played 'the best PL team ever' off the park for 45 mins.

We obviously didn't watch the same game, as we played better in the 2nd half, but didn't play them off the park.........and MC could/should have been 5--0 up at half time, and the first half was an embarrassment for all MU supporters.

• Like 2