Manchester United

redrus

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Conveniently Peter left out the stonewall penalty against Moura.

They were poor like we were in the first half.  Miss a very good scoring opportunity, and they should have conceded an obvious penalty so wheres all this crap coming from about it could have been so different?  Only Allardyce and a nitwit on here!!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

They were poor like we were in the first half.  Miss a very good scoring opportunity, and they should have conceded an obvious penalty so wheres all this crap coming from about it could have been so different?  Only Allardyce and a nitwit on here!!

I'll add to that any United fan who thinks they played well is deluded, because we were poor in the first half too, yet you didn't take you 'chance" and we didn't get given a stonewall penalty.  You couldn't overrun a team playing poorly like we were!!

Second half we looked quite comfortable, get our shape, were clinical and never looked in much trouble.

Any talking up from that is crap and the vast majority of your 23 goal attempts finished closer to the corner flag or the upper tier or were just harmless.  Mourinho is talking damage limitation crap and its being swallowed up by some who truly believe it and others that simply want to believe it.  Oh yes and Fat Head Sam.....

Edited by carmine

15 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It will all come good carms.

Stability is key.

Strong and stable.

Honestly mate, i've been reading the most ridiculous horseshoe on here about how it could have been different.  What a load of cobblers.  You know why?  Because however poor we were in the first half they were equally poor and incapable of stringing anything together either.  It was an extremely poor quality first half and talk of United being good and showing reason for optimism is laughable

All that happened is we went in at half time and Poch probably put a rocket up their <deleted> and we came out and dealt with them as is the team Mourinho has gradually reduced them to.  

Everybody hates United my arse, they are just awful under him but won't accept it.

What is realistic to say is if we put in a first half performance like that against City or Liverpool we will end up two or three down at half time and thats something Spurs need to accept and work hard on.  

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, nev said:

All this talk about replacing Mourinio he ain't going nowhere i am very confident we will turn this all around the season is only 3 games in.

I think you are probably right,just wish he had never been there in the first place,all this is tabloid fodder in mega supply.

I only saw the first half v Spurs and there was at least some intent to play decent football. The fact is the Glazers call the shots. Woodward is only  the middle man.Mourinho knew that when he took the job, he always wanted, on

The share price went up considerably  last week and yet another big sponsor came on board.Glazers must be very happy with their investment

35 games to go and happy to see Shaw fullfilling his early promise despite the knockers

53 minutes ago, nev said:
Darren's post

34309117_1919009944799078_55519036313866
13 hours agoI was a real Stre...
The ABU media, the Scouse pundits on SLY Sports and BT Sport and the idiots on Talkshite are all trying to stoke up the pressure on our great club. They have been waiting for so long 28 years in fact to really stick the boot in. But after all the glorious years of trophies under Sir Alex even after the great mans retirement they still couldn't quite go to town on us because while other clubs like Liverpool and Spurs remained trophless, we were still picking up the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League... Even though we finished 2nd last season on 81 points and ahead of their media darlings Klopps Liverpool and Poch's Spurs we lost the Cup Final... So even before a ball was kicked this season they were already twisting the knife into Jose at last and mocking our great club... Debate shows, Radio phone ins, Scouse vermin TV pundits and the scum media are all wading in like they haven't been able to for the last 28 years... Why because we have many players who went deep in to the recent world cup who have come back into the team without a proper pre season and we have had a poor start... Well for all the Jose out brigade and scum media already dancing in the street after just 3 games because we have 3 points out of the opening 9 available ... let me just put your street parties on hold... We all know that at the start of our first Premier Title season we lost 2-1 at Sheffield United and followed it with a 3-0 home defeat to Everton and a 1-1 home draw with Ipswich... We had 1 point out of 9... Oh yes but that was 1992 it's different now... Okay I'll take you back to our glorious Premier League and Champions League double season 2007/08... We started the season with a 0-0 home draw with Reading, another 1-1 draw with Portsmouth away and then a 1-0 derby defeat away at City... 2 points out of the opening 9 available. The current bias coverage of what they are portraying as the biggest United crisis in years we have 3 points out of the opening 9..... The magnificent reaction of the Stretford End to Jose and the lads at full time, applauding them off left Jose visibly moved and emotional and the circling ABU media choking on their own vomit because they wanted nothing more than for us to boo the team off so that they could write about an even deeper crisis.... Our support is better than that, we are special and that moment of The Stretford End applauding Jose and the players in what was a dark moment will galvanise us.. It will make us stronger, Jose went straight into the press conference with renewed fire in his belly and at last gave the Press what they deserved, nothing. Jose and the boys would have gathered a lot of strength from the tremendous support given to them on Monday night and I will look forward to Jose and the boys regaining their confidence , giving us and our famous shirt everything and proving the doubters wrong.. Can you imagine how sweet it will be for us and how bitter it will be for them if we go on to lift silverware again this season... We must all stand behind them and give them our full unwavering support because they need us now more than ever.... Our club has been through far worse times than this in our history for the media scum to try and divide and break us now. So let's prove We'll never die and let's as Jimmy Murphy demanded proudly keep that red flag flying high........... From the cradle to the grave.....

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing
Fantastic post.

So true all of that. 

Doesn't solve a few immediate problems, but he puts into words a lot of what I feel. 

I can't get to games recently but always identified more with our away fans and those in the Stretty.  A lot of the United fans that create the library atmosphere at OT are the same ones sniping at Jose and get on a players back after one bad pass. They sit on their arse and don't sing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So true all of that. 

Doesn't solve a few immediate problems, but he puts into words a lot of what I feel. 

I can't get to games recently but always identified more with our away fans and those in the Stretty.  A lot of the United fans that create the library atmosphere at OT are the same ones sniping at Jose and get on a players back after one bad pass. They sit on their arse and don't sing. 

Yes our hard core support is 2nd to none, I have mates who are still going home and away who I went with in the 70's and 80's, Even they are thinking of jacking it in Mainly because of the Gestapo's in the ticket office making them pick ticks up at away games not being able to pass on a ticket if you can't make it.

They had suits going around the away end at Brighton matching tickets with names a fair few Coped bans, The gimps are trying to sanitize our away support.

1 hour ago, nev said:
Darren's post

34309117_1919009944799078_55519036313866
13 hours agoI was a real Stre...
The ABU media, the Scouse pundits on SLY Sports and BT Sport and the idiots on Talkshite are all trying to stoke up the pressure on our great club. They have been waiting for so long 28 years in fact to really stick the boot in. But after all the glorious years of trophies under Sir Alex even after the great mans retirement they still couldn't quite go to town on us because while other clubs like Liverpool and Spurs remained trophless, we were still picking up the FA Cup, League Cup and Europa League... Even though we finished 2nd last season on 81 points and ahead of their media darlings Klopps Liverpool and Poch's Spurs we lost the Cup Final... So even before a ball was kicked this season they were already twisting the knife into Jose at last and mocking our great club... Debate shows, Radio phone ins, Scouse vermin TV pundits and the scum media are all wading in like they haven't been able to for the last 28 years... Why because we have many players who went deep in to the recent world cup who have come back into the team without a proper pre season and we have had a poor start... Well for all the Jose out brigade and scum media already dancing in the street after just 3 games because we have 3 points out of the opening 9 available ... let me just put your street parties on hold... We all know that at the start of our first Premier Title season we lost 2-1 at Sheffield United and followed it with a 3-0 home defeat to Everton and a 1-1 home draw with Ipswich... We had 1 point out of 9... Oh yes but that was 1992 it's different now... Okay I'll take you back to our glorious Premier League and Champions League double season 2007/08... We started the season with a 0-0 home draw with Reading, another 1-1 draw with Portsmouth away and then a 1-0 derby defeat away at City... 2 points out of the opening 9 available. The current bias coverage of what they are portraying as the biggest United crisis in years we have 3 points out of the opening 9..... The magnificent reaction of the Stretford End to Jose and the lads at full time, applauding them off left Jose visibly moved and emotional and the circling ABU media choking on their own vomit because they wanted nothing more than for us to boo the team off so that they could write about an even deeper crisis.... Our support is better than that, we are special and that moment of The Stretford End applauding Jose and the players in what was a dark moment will galvanise us.. It will make us stronger, Jose went straight into the press conference with renewed fire in his belly and at last gave the Press what they deserved, nothing. Jose and the boys would have gathered a lot of strength from the tremendous support given to them on Monday night and I will look forward to Jose and the boys regaining their confidence , giving us and our famous shirt everything and proving the doubters wrong.. Can you imagine how sweet it will be for us and how bitter it will be for them if we go on to lift silverware again this season... We must all stand behind them and give them our full unwavering support because they need us now more than ever.... Our club has been through far worse times than this in our history for the media scum to try and divide and break us now. So let's prove We'll never die and let's as Jimmy Murphy demanded proudly keep that red flag flying high........... From the cradle to the grave.....

Image may contain: 7 people, people smiling, people standing
Fantastic post.

To get the full effect you need to read while playing  the backing music 

3 hours ago, nev said:

Even they are thinking of jacking it in Mainly because of the Gestapo's in the ticket office making them pick ticks up at away games not being able to pass on a ticket if you can't make it.

They had suits going around the away end at Brighton matching tickets with names a fair few Coped bans, The gimps are trying to sanitize our away support.

Not good.... I was under the impression the club had a quite a relaxed attitude to some things.. like standing up at games (which they used to be stricter on). And also thought they started a new 'singing section' near the away section... but not sure how that has gone so far?

19 hours ago, nev said:

Yes our hard core support is 2nd to none, I have mates who are still going home and away who I went with in the 70's and 80's, Even they are thinking of jacking it in Mainly because of the Gestapo's in the ticket office making them pick ticks up at away games not being able to pass on a ticket if you can't make it.

I think thats the same miserable situation at a lot of clubs.  I know its being handled like this at Spurs and i believe Arsenal too.  But at Arsenal that could be for being noisy!

Tell me Nev,  how do you view the supposed new five year deal being offered to Martial?  I think he's quality in the making and it was no secret Spurs were interested in some kind of a swop but the United board were not having it.  So, undoubted quality but does giving an out of favor player, seemingly not in the managers plans somewhat undermine his authority?  Difficult one this is.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I think he's quality in the making 

The fact you think Martial should be given a 5 year deal confirms everything I thought about you. And the kind of people that rate Martial. 

Edited by RickG16
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

The fact you think Martial should be given a 5 year deal confirms everything I thought about you. And the kind of people that rate Martial. 

Rick, you might have noticed that my question was specifically addressed to Nev. There was a reason for that.

You might note its the board offering a five year deal, not might suggestion!!! 

Anyhow, whilst i'm mulling over your customary childish response you might consider as to why i believe he was once your top scorer, and subsequently went to pot.

In fact, no,  don't bother.

Edited by carmine

2 hours ago, carmine said:

I think thats the same miserable situation at a lot of clubs.  I know its being handled like this at Spurs and i believe Arsenal too.  But at Arsenal that could be for being noisy!

Tell me Nev,  how do you view the supposed new five year deal being offered to Martial?  I think he's quality in the making and it was no secret Spurs were interested in some kind of a swop but the United board were not having it.  So, undoubted quality but does giving an out of favor player, seemingly not in the managers plans somewhat undermine his authority?  Difficult one this is.

Mate I think he is a talented player, Is only problem is his sulking maybe that's to do with bad management, He has to up his game and since Sanchez has arrived his game time has been limited.

We did not need Sanchez I was happy with Martial and Rashford in the team or on the bench Both have gone backwards since.

I will be happy if he signs has he has a great future but if he takes off I can't blame him.

10 minutes ago, nev said:

Mate I think he is a talented player, Is only problem is his sulking maybe that's to do with bad management, He has to up his game and since Sanchez has arrived his game time has been limited.

We did not need Sanchez I was happy with Martial and Rashford in the team or on the bench Both have gone backwards since.

I will be happy if he signs has he has a great future but if he takes off I can't blame him.

Was better as Centre Forward IMO. Lacks the invention to play on the wings.. and yeah then there is his sulking. 

I hope he comes good and don't mind giving him more chances... but a five year deal based on what he has done recently would be ridiculous. Maybe three or four just for the purpose of increasing his sell on value. 

9 minutes ago, nev said:

Yes that creates a conundrum in itself with three players battling for one spot.  Obviously when on form Sanchez is the man, directly in the Mourinho mould of proven, good to go, so i'm presuming they are treating Martial as worth keeping as one for the future.  Problem can often be the same when youth players are promoted to the first team squad.  They often stop getting the game time and regress.

Rashford is the one i'd particularly like to see more of.  Hugely talented player.

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Was better as Centre Forward IMO. Lacks the invention to play on the wings.. and yeah then there is his sulking. 

I hope he comes good and don't mind giving him more chances... but a five year deal based on what he has done recently would be ridiculous. Maybe three or four just for the purpose of increasing his sell on value. 

Sell on value.  Its simply good business sense, especially in a hugely inflated market.

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Talented player but Martial is now in his 4th season with ManU and if he didn't  establish himself in the first 3 seasons then i can't see him becoming a worldy. 

He's nowhere the level where opposing fans fear him playing.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 1:16 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Talented player but Martial is now in his 4th season with ManU and if he didn't  establish himself in the first 3 seasons then i can't see him becoming a worldy. 

He's nowhere the level where opposing fans fear him playing.

Totally disagree. The lad is quality. If he had a proper run in one position he would nail it. The lad needs to leave soon and get in a team that appreciates him. To be honest it looks that way with half the lads there. Martial has over 130 appearances in the last 3 seasons. That is established and just 22.

9 hours ago, champers said:

You had better play well if you choose to play in pink.

And they did.Having Fellaini shielding the back 4 was a master stroke,Burnley had one shot on target.The big lump rated an 8/10 with some.

Only game I have seen the full 90 mins because of visitors/being away.Looked plenty of energy amongst the team to me although they should have scored at least 5

CRISIS over ? 

Apparently share price is up 55% over last year.Club valued at $4.8 billion now.Doubt the Glazers will ever get rid of Woodward so money spent on a plane flying a baners wasn't a great investment

21 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Totally disagree. The lad is quality. If he had a proper run in one position he would nail it. The lad needs to leave soon and get in a team that appreciates him. To be honest it looks that way with half the lads there. Martial has over 130 appearances in the last 3 seasons. That is established and just 22.

How many of those 130 appearances have you watched in full?

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Why is he getting picked so much is a better question.

A lot of those appearances will be as sub. I'm sad enough to have watched probably every minute he's been on the pitch. He hasn't nailed down a spot because in many of those appearances he's been a complete non entity. Can't remember him stringing together 3 good games.