Manchester United

redrus

54 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Have any United fans actually bought that away shirt? It's horrendous

They have won 2 away games on the bounce wearing it. I wouldn't tell Fellaini he looks like a nancy boy without a very big head start.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:21 PM, Rc2702 said:

I'd love to nab rashford. He's a top player and Mourinho knows it and holds him back. Still only 20 and 30 England apps to date. With momentum through consistent position and games he'd develop faster and his 1 in 4 ratio would be much better.

At the age of 20 Harry Kane had only played one premier league game.  Make of that what you will.

That aside, throughout his managerial career Mourinho has opted for experienced proven players in their prime, a today manager if you will that is going for immediate success.  He's not the guy thats going to build a side from the youth academy.  Nothing wrong with that, just the way it is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Have any United fans actually bought that away shirt? It's horrendous

It reminds me of the away shirt from years ago (light grey). Lost every game wearing it and the players blamed the shirt, which eventually got binned. Best ever away shirts : Black and the old green and gold Newton Heath shirt, which some fans still wear as a fingers up to the Glaziers.

Sad that they couldn't/ wouldn't wear the home shirt yesterday.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

It reminds me of the away shirt from years ago (light grey). Lost every game wearing it and the players blamed the shirt, which eventually got binned. Best ever away shirts : Black and the old green and gold Newton Heath shirt, which some fans still wear as a fingers up to the Glaziers.

Sad that they couldn't/ wouldn't wear the home shirt yesterday.

If I can recall, Utd let in six(6) at the Dell wearing that grey shirt. The United players said later that they couldn't pick out their team-mates for passing. That may have been the last time they wore it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, champers said:

They have won 2 away games on the bounce wearing it. I wouldn't tell Fellaini he looks like a nancy boy without a very big head start.

Being level on points with Spurs and Arsenal the "club in crisis" room is getting a bit overcrowded.

First half some nice,flowing football and with an ounce of luck and without  ex United keeper Foster pulling off some great saves it could have been 4.Second half foot off the pedal again and Watford came roaring back. Having De Gea in goal,making his usual world class saves during the last few minutes onslaught saw them struggle over the line for a much needed win.

As for the shirt "Pink" is used in Australia to promote Breast Cancer in Women days so big burley Rugby players and Cricketers get into it too so quite common.Doubt it has any connection with this latest creation.

MOM, Fellaini again .Has locked in a permanent position for himself against physical teams, protecting the CB's who actually had a better game and he was up for the corners,contributing to the goals  and making a general nusisance of himself.Sanchez still way off the pace. Lukaku lung busting run to get back to cover the RB role and make a tackle in the dying minutes was quite an inspiration and a reminder it aint over til its over.Hope Martial took notice.

Watford are going be hard to beat at home for anyone.

United playing on an artificial pitch against Young Boys during the week that could well be a banana skin

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

As for the shirt "Pink" is used in Australia to promote Breast Cancer in Women days so big burley Rugby players and Cricketers get into it too so quite common.Doubt it has any connection with this latest creation.

It's not pink, it's erm…….dunno what it is. Salmon maybe?

But that wasn't the question. Do you know any fans who have bought it? I know loads of United fans and not a one of them has bought it, whereas they would normally buy the away shirts. It's truly aweful

Maybe the pinkish shirt is to attract more female buyers... As we know in this part of the world, girls love a football shirt. Then again most of them are fake.

Best away / third top... I think the black 'Sharp Viewcam' shirt of the early 90s deserves a mention. And also the reversible white / gold top of the early Noughties. 

Edited by RickG16

22 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Maybe the pinkish shirt is to attract more female buyers... As we know in this part of the world, girls love a football shirt. Then again most of them are fake.

Best away / third top... I think the black 'Sharp Viewcam' shirt of the early 90s deserves a mention. And also the reversible white / gold top of the early Noughties. 

Ah, there's the answer. Much more marketing these days targeting women, in many sports.

6 hours ago, carmine said:

At the age of 20 Harry Kane had only played one premier league game.  Make of that what you will.

That aside, throughout his managerial career Mourinho has opted for experienced proven players in their prime, a today manager if you will that is going for immediate success.  He's not the guy thats going to build a side from the youth academy.  Nothing wrong with that, just the way it is.

Yh thanks that's painstakingly stating the obvious but in rashford case he served his apprenticeship so to speak and has been relied upon in big games by jose already so he should have more trust in him and give him more minutes in his natural position. 

35 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Ah, there's the answer. Much more marketing these days targeting women, in many sports.

I'm surprised to hear such forward thinking fans being so sexist.

After all mrboj has a number of pink t-shirts....two in particular are rather low cut.

I believe in mancland they are known as wife beaters. :biggrin:

21 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm surprised to hear such forward thinking fans being so sexist.

After all mrboj has a number of pink t-shirts....two in particular are rather low cut.

I believe in mancland they are known as wife beaters. :biggrin:

Pink wife beaters !! Mind boggling !!

• Haha 1

Carmine "At the age of 20 Harry Kane had only played one premier league game.  Make of that what you will.

That aside, throughout his managerial career Mourinho has opted for experienced proven players in their prime, a today manager if you will that is going for immediate success.  He's not the guy thats going to build a side from the youth academy.  Nothing wrong with that, just the way it is."

McTominay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh thanks that's painstakingly stating the obvious but in rashford case he served his apprenticeship so to speak and has been relied upon in big games by jose already so he should have more trust in him and give him more minutes in his natural position. 

Well if its so painstakingly obvious how come you don't get it Einstein? ?

Oh thats right, you're a bit slow aren't you!!!

18 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It's not pink, it's erm…….dunno what it is. Salmon maybe?

But that wasn't the question. Do you know any fans who have bought it? I know loads of United fans and not a one of them has bought it, whereas they would normally buy the away shirts. It's truly aweful

I went to the Man U official web site and they were covering the release of the salmon/pink shirt in a video .People were lined up in droves.

Heavens knows what they paid. I bought a knock off of the main strip,shirt and shorts ,for my 5 yr old Grandson cost about 300 baht.

No accounting for taste these days leave that to the marketing gurus

Alexis Sanchez is earning over £650,000-a-week at Manchester United, it has been revealed.

The Mirror reports Alexis became the club's highest paid in their history after the January swap with Arsenal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Football Leaks says the Chile international earns £391,000-per-week, and gets even more money in the form of performance bonuses.

These include £75,000 per appearance, and an annual signing-on fee of £1.1million.

As things stand, Sanchez has made 22 appearances for United, which has set the Red Devils back more than £658,000 per match.

In this time, Sanchez has scored on just three occasions, meaning United have shelled out £4.83million per goal. Sanchez's total earnings to date are £14.48million.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/revealed-alexis-sanchez-earning-over-650-000-a-week-at-man-utd-4248961#OGDWeeSjxj2p2jvV.99

Putting the money aside, what's happened with Sanchez? I rate him (reminds me a little of Tevez in that he makes things happen) and i admit to being disappointed he didn't join us, but in 22 games for ManU he doesn't seem to have found his form. Why?

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alexis Sanchez is earning over £650,000-a-week at Manchester United, it has been revealed.

The Mirror reports Alexis became the club's highest paid in their history after the January swap with Arsenal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Football Leaks says the Chile international earns £391,000-per-week, and gets even more money in the form of performance bonuses.

These include £75,000 per appearance, and an annual signing-on fee of £1.1million.

As things stand, Sanchez has made 22 appearances for United, which has set the Red Devils back more than £658,000 per match.

In this time, Sanchez has scored on just three occasions, meaning United have shelled out £4.83million per goal. Sanchez's total earnings to date are £14.48million.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/revealed-alexis-sanchez-earning-over-650-000-a-week-at-man-utd-4248961#OGDWeeSjxj2p2jvV.99

Past it and a step up to a bigger stage means he is trying to hard, What we are paying him is mind boggling, No wonder Martial has lost interest watching Sanchez a start each week ahead of him.

I am wondering if t is in his contract he must start?, He does not do enough to warrant this.

Putting the money aside, what's happened with Sanchez? I rate him (reminds me a little of Tevez in that he makes things happen) and i admit to being disappointed he didn't join us, but in 22 games for ManU he doesn't seem to have found his form. Why?

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Rick, what's  your  opinion  on Sanchez?

I think he's been well below par for us, but still had some decent games, which shows potentially how good he can be.

What the problem predominantly has been a lack of chemistry between him and Lukaku - basically the 2 players we rely on the most for goals and assists. They need to know how each other tick, the right runs to make, the right balls to play, and I think they are getting closer... In theory Rashford / Jesse, Lukaku, Alexis should be a formidable front 3, and it still can be......

What I think can / is making the difference is a genuine attacking threat from our full backs, which can leave Alexis with so much more space. Valencia seems to have slowed down but on Alexis's side Shaw has come on leaps and bounds. He can make a real difference to Alexis's game. How are defences gonna cope with that front 3, our full backs bombing on, and Pogba / Fred pushing up from midfield. That's the full power United I'm waiting to see.

Just now, RickG16 said:

I think he's been well below par for us, but still had some decent games, which shows potentially how good he can be.

What the problem predominantly has been a lack of chemistry between him and Lukaku - basically the 2 players we rely on the most for goals and assists. They need to know how each other tick, the right runs to make, the right balls to play, and I think they are getting closer... In theory Rashford / Jesse, Lukaku, Alexis should be a formidable front 3, and it still can be......

What I think can / is making the difference is a genuine attacking threat from our full backs, which can leave Alexis with so much more space. Valencia seems to have slowed down but on Alexis's side Shaw has come on leaps and bounds. He can make a real difference to Alexis's game. How are defences gonna cope with that front 3, our full backs bombing on, and Pogba / Fred pushing up from midfield. That's the full power United I'm waiting to see.

One word.

Disaster.

Making djemba djemba look good this transfer is. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Kadilo said:

Blimey, you’re on one today. 

Seeing a lot of silly comments flying about today so I'm in fly swatter mode. I've heard it all today. A Spurs fan who does not see it when everyone else can see kane has literally aged 5 years and a Utd fan who can't bear the idea of taking his sanchez poster off the wall.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Thats an extremely good result to win so well,  and on an artificial pitch, that in my opinion should be outlawed anyway.

Took them a while to get going until Pogba showed what he is capable of ,just wish he could add constistency to his game.Stunning goal for the first

While he was MOM Dalots first appearance in the firsts was very heartening,young, 19 I think, strong,quick and looks like he will make the RB position his own although will put that thought on hold until he faces better opposition.

I think this will be Valencias last season .Injuries to his knees will see to that .Has been a real warror for United and doubt anyone has flown as many miles for Internationals.

3 G and similar  pitches are here to stay unfortuantly,not maybe  in the UK but in other countries even my home country Australia.The game has grown so quickly there that traditional grass pitches just cant handle the traffic with the number of games played on a Saturday.I guess as a junior if you grow up playing on them its totally different matter. There is technnology now where ground surfaces can be a blend of real grass and turf,worth a read on Google 

• Like 1