Jogging Spots

nokia

I usually run at the CMU stadium. Went there this evening for a jog & someone stole my mountain bike! It was locked up to the fence & someone cut the lock, taking my helmet & keys (apt.& motorbike) in the process. I admit, I only took my cheap cable lock with me cause it's light & easy to carry, & I figured I'd only be there 1/2 an hour... and close by too. @#$%!

Anyway, I've run at all the places mentioned, & sometimes out at 700 year stadium too. What I'm really looking for is a nice dirt road or smooth path, not paved, to run on. Huay Tung Tao is nice but my knees can't take the asphalt anymore. Does anyone know of a nice place to run that isn't paved & isn't just going round & round on a track?

The Fitness Park on Huay Kaew Rd is not too bad, except that the mosquito index is quite high. It doesnt really affect joggers, maybe slower walkers, so you cant really take a rest there unless you spray lots of mosquito repellant. So hit & run, and leave.

Buat Hat Public Park is very crowded on weekends, but there are no mosquitoes(i think)! I hope that CM will construct a rubber track, which is more gentle on the knees than asphalt or cement tracks.

cm das, sorry to hear about your loss. They must be desperate to saw off a metal chain lock.

Perhaps for a new bike, it's better to park somewhere within eye distance of the jogging route.

What's wrong with CMU itself? Pefect place. Also the area around the Agriculture campus off the Canal Road. Or of you're on the other side of town, the big area behind Carrefour (CM Business Park or something, or Payap Uni)..

There's loads of places really when you give it some thought.

How about the moutain bike track at the back of the 700 year stadium?

I've often rode (not run) it - soft soil, mountain paths all along the base of doi suthep. you can follow to huay tung tao or just run around the many tracks. easy parking.