NACC Queries Arisman's Wife On D Station TV Shares

webfact

NACC queries Arisman's wife on TV shares

Somroutai Sapsomboon

The Nation

Rapipan tells anti-graft agency she had no knowledge of husband's Bt2-million holding in D Station satellite-TV

BANGKOK: -- The wife of red-shirt leader Arisman Pongruangrong is being investigated by the anti-graft agency for failure to report her husband’s shareholding in the company that runs the red shirts’ Asia Update satellite-TV station.

Rapipan Pongruangrong, who is a party-list MP of the ruling Pheu Thai Party, told The Nation she was unaware that Arisman was holding 200,000 shares worth Bt2 million in D Station Co Ltd. She said he did not tell her about his shareholding after while on the run abroad following the 2010 unrest.

"I informed the NACC that I had no intention of concealing the shareholding. I really did not know that he owned the shares," Rapipan said, referring to the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

"At that time [when she put in her financial report after last year's election], my family was in a severe crisis. Khun Kee [Arisman] was in a foreign country and he did not tell me about the shares," she said. "Normally he does not tell me about his problems. He is afraid I may be bothered."

Arisman, one of the hardline red-shirts, fled the country and was spotted in Cambodia following 10 weeks of unrest that led to riots in Bangkok and left 91 people dead and about 2,000 injured. He surrendered to police after Pheu Thai won the election and returned to power.

The Constitution requires members of Parliament to report to the NACC their personal assets and those belonging to their spouses and underage children. Anyone found to have intentionally submitted false statements about their financial status can be punished by dismissal from office and a five-year ban from politics.

Rapipan said Arisman told her later he had asked some unnamed party seniors, who advised him there was no need to report the shareholding as the company's business was suspended by the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation during the previous government.

"In fact, the company was not closed down. The CRES only ordered suspension of the station's broadcasts," she explained.

She said it would depend on the NACC whether they would seek to dismiss her for failing to report her husband's shares.

According to Ministry of Commerce records, Arisman has held the shares in D Station since May 7, 2009, and still held them as of April 30. The shares were previously owned by Noppadon Pattama, who is a legal adviser to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Rapipan said she did not know how Arisman obtained the shares from Noppadon.

A source from the NACC said the agency was collecting details on the case. The Department of Business Development had been asked to provide information about D Station.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-04

Normally he does not tell me about his problems.

His biggest problem is that he is a remorseless violent criminal. I wonder if he told her about that.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

I am sure there are a lot of thing the husband forget to tell.

Like how many GIG he has/had.

How many GIG?. Knowing his propensity for violence & mayhem, that would make him a "terrorbyte"wink.png

Or a Dubyte.

9FFDB316ADC448CDA92AA753B1604F42.jpg

Pheu Thai Party MP Rapipan Pongruangrong when her husband was bailed out of prison

13269534441326953461l.jpg

Pheu Thai Party MP Rapipan Pongruangrong when her husband joined the monkhood

"At that time [when she put in her financial report after last year's election], my family was in a severe crisis. Khun Kee [Arisman] was in a foreign country and he did not tell me about the shares," she said.

Did she relay these conversations with a fugitive to the authorities? Or did she aid and abet by concealing them?

"Normally he does not tell me about his problems. He is afraid I may be bothered."

She considers having 2,000,000.00 baht as a "problem"??? :blink:

She thinks he might think her knowing about 2,000,000.00 baht as something she would be "bothered" by???

After all that she has done for him, I'd think she'd be more bothered by...

partyondude.jpg

Edited by Buchholz

His biggest problem is that he is a remorseless violent criminal. I wonder if he told her about that.

ermm.gif

No but she saw it on TV

What interests me most about this story is the fact that Thaksin financed this operation and then gifted it to Arisman, surely there must be tax issues involved in this or do Thais not bother about income tax. This country would be in a much better place if they tightened up on tax laws and declaration of asset transfers

ermm.gif

No but she saw it on TV

What interests me most about this story is the fact that Thaksin financed this operation and then gifted it to Arisman, surely there must be tax issues involved in this or do Thais not bother about income tax. This country would be in a much better place if they tightened up on tax laws and declaration of asset transfers

They'll worry about tax when all the money has gone

The shares were previously owned by Noppadon Pattama, who is a legal adviser to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Rapipan said she did not know how Arisman obtained the shares from Noppadon.

I'm sure there are is no shortage of people that would care to speculate how he obtained the shares, can you spell PAYOFF?

partyondude.jpg

The amount of time you post that pic mate one might be lead to suspect that in the dead of night when everyone else is asleep you utilize it for more, er, "personal" uses. biggrin.png

ermm.gif

And your biggest problem could possibly be proving that in a court of law.........................

Edited by phiphidon

It's a great and intriguing pic.

It's like an inebriated Julia Gillard being pawed by a Bandidos motorcycle gang leader at a biker rally.... and loving it.

No its not, you really do need glasses

Bandidos motorcycle gang leader

julia-gillard-drinking-beer3.jpg

Julia Gillard

muscederejohn_cp_9817225.jpg

Nowhere near alike

I wonder what excuse you'll come up with for the next unveiling of that old old picture

Rapipan said Arisman told her later he had asked some unnamed party seniors, who advised him there was no need to report the shareholding as the company's business was suspended by the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation during the previous government.

No comment, none what so ever.

No comment, none what so ever.

They probably got the advice from the same great legal minds who advised fellow female Pheu Thai Party MP Chinnicha

Ex-Thai PM Thaksin's niece banned from politics

seems a rather clear-cut case of false asset declaration by Rapipan, as well.

When will the by-election be to replace her?

edit to correct.

scratch the by-election, she's a Pheu Thai Party-list MP.

Whoever is next on the list gets the MP position.

Good chance it's another Red Shirt

(or a wife of a Red Shirt Leader). :ermm:

Edited by Buchholz

And your biggest problem could possibly be proving that in a court of law.........................

I'm told he has criminal convictions which would make him a criminal. In 2010 his speeches and actions have got him accused of terrorism, inciting murder, inciting arson etc. I would say that makes him a violent criminal. The big question is why would you defend such a person.

Can't you find any better role models than Arisman ?

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla

ermm.gif

The problem lies with Arisman, and the ample video evidence proving it true, which could very likely lead to an early start on his next incarnation.

I'm told he has criminal convictions which would make him a criminal. In 2010 his speeches and actions have got him accused of terrorism, inciting murder, inciting arson etc. I would say that makes him a violent criminal. The big question is why would you defend such a person.

ermm.gif

I'm not defending him, though I am willing to wait until he has criminal conviction before accusing him of such and I certainly would not call him a violent criminal on a public forum just on the off chance he feels particularly litigious one day. What's the half life of a public forum message on the internet, anybody know?

Tell you what do a google search on these three words, violent criminal arisman, and see what comes up.............

Edited by phiphidon

ermm.gif

I'm not defending him, though I am willing to wait until he has criminal conviction before accusing him of such and I certainly would not call him a violent criminal on a public forum just on the off chance he feels particularly litigious one day. What's the half life of a public forum message on the internet, anybody know?

Tell you what do a google search on these three words, violent criminal arisman, and see what comes up.............

I can tell you what the half wit is

ermm.gif

That's incredible! and I got the same result with "phiphidon nitpicker extrordinaire"

ermm.gif

That's incredible! and I got the same result with "phiphidon nitpicker extrordinaire"

No you didn't - it just leads back to this post, strange that. Where do you feel I'm nit picking then, ozmick. Is it where I say that someone is innocent until he or she is proven guilty because I'm not going to apologise for that. You see people like you and yunla think you know what democracy is and all the while you're just stomping all over it.

Take for example the fragrant lady yunlas treatise on justice

"I'm told he has criminal convictions which would make him a criminal. In 2010 his speeches and actions have got him accused of terrorism, inciting murder, inciting arson etc. I would say that makes him a violent criminal"

It's just throwaway lines, soundbites to please the usuals on here but it doesn't take much of an analysis to realise it's just plain wrong.