Will You Buy This Camry 2007?

armortec

Nice looking car... will the same model be released in Thailand?

A word about sunroofs... I currently have a car with a sunroof, and it never gets opened... it's simply too hot here to use one.

Another disadvantage is, although the sunroof glass does have a sliding plate under it, if you are driving at or around midday, it gets bloody hot underneath it... no insulation. :o

It appears Camry will finally get paddle shifters on the steering wheel, and new V6 and hybrid engines which we will never see in Thailand. 2.4 engine seems to be left unchanged, which is not very exciting, of course.

We'd better wait and see what package we will get in Thailand.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/inde...an=GM_TN_FUTURE

More here.

Current Camry looks very similar to the US version, both exterior and interior. If I remember correctly previous model also looked the same as the US model, so I speculate the next Camry we'll get in Thailand to be same as US 2.4L version Camry again. As far back as I can remember Thailand never got Japanese domestic version Camry.

A word about sunroofs... I currently have a car with a sunroof, and it never gets opened... it's simply too hot here to use one.

Another disadvantage is, although the sunroof glass does have a sliding plate under it, if you are driving at or around midday, it gets bloody hot underneath it... no insulation. :o

Funny my car has a sunroof too, but.......I use mine quite often. It only gets hot when your stopped in traffic, but when your moving its great. Get less of the BKK "perfume" coming into the car than when using the side windows!!!!

I prefer it to using the aircon :D but then maybe thats because I'm cheap and want my tank of fuel to last as long as possible :D

It appears Camry will finally get paddle shifters on the steering wheel

What are paddle shifters ??

They're often referred to as F1 paddle shifters due to the technology coming from Formula One racing cars. They are two little paddles on the left & right side of the steering wheel (+ & -) that allow you to upshift/downshift with the flick of a finger in effect giving you a manual transmission feel with an automatic if you so wish to use them.

Most engines are rev protected to prevent damage if shifting too far down.

I hope the thai version will have what the US version is being offered in the SE version:

1. Bluetooth handsfree with number appeared in the LCD display.

2. digital amplifier for the 8 speakers.

3. air ionisers?

4. Allergy free fabric made of some kind of hair?

Interesting.

• 1 month later...

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/inde...an=GM_TN_FUTURE

More here.

Current Camry looks very similar to the US version, both exterior and interior. If I remember correctly previous model also looked the same as the US model, so I speculate the next Camry we'll get in Thailand to be same as US 2.4L version Camry again. As far back as I can remember Thailand never got Japanese domestic version Camry.

So all the Camrys are produced in Thailand ?

All Camrys sold in Thailand are produced here. In the US Toyota has its own plants to produce Camrys for that market.

It might be possible that Toyota or grey market importers, like SEC, will import Japanese Domestic Market versions - hybrids, V6 and all, but prices will be prohibitive. Imported hybrid Corolla cost 2 mil baht.