Thailand's Thaksin Says Amnesty Key To Reconciliation

Lite Beer

Thaksin waiting for Thai national reconciliation before returning home

Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is waiting for national reconciliation to happen before he returns to his homeland. Thaksin said this in an exclusive interview with Channel NewsAsia on the sidelines of the Strategic Review Forum in Jakarta on Tuesday.

Thaksin may be far from home, but home is never far from his mind. "I can go everywhere in the world, except my homeland. Why? I should be able to go to my homeland, my motherland. But now every country welcomes me, except my motherland," he said. "(This makes me) feel bad. There's something wrong, (and) that is the big misunderstanding (between the Thai political factions). It's time to face and talk."

Thaksin also says it was time for forgiveness. "I forgive everyone. Don't worry that they might you know, insult me with verbal, or with legal, or whatever. I forgive them all. I just want to be part of Thai society. I want to live my normal life," he said. "I want to see reconciliation. I want to see peace and unity in Thailand. I will bring my people and come together with those who are against me and then we will do something. We will try to find something that we can have activities together," he said.

Continues:

http://www.channelne...1214265/1/.html

Channel News Asia - July 18, 2012

How Bizzar the linked articles appears to have changed to include..............

"Mr Thaksin said this in an exclusive interview with Channel NewsAsia on the sidelines of the Strategic Review Forum in Jakarta on Tuesday.

He has been living in self-exile since the coup which unseated him in 2006.

Mr Thaksin may be far from home, but home is never far from his mind.........."

Mr Thaksin also says it was time for forgiveness.

"I forgive everyone. Don't worry that they might you know, insult me with verbal, or with legal, or whatever. I forgive them all. I just want to be part of Thai society. I want to live my normal life," he said.

At the Strategic Review Forum in Jakarta, Mr Thaksin called for a highly-controversial amnesty, which he says is key to long-overdue reconciliation in Thailand."

Glenda Chong post-46292-0-18881100-1342741509_thumb.jpg

As this paid for news item shows, Thaksin is getting more desperate, he need to get back in Thailand and in control of the Thai treasury. He is going broke,

the bottom has fallen out of the blood diamond trade, realestate values have bottomed out in the UK, UAE and everyone has confiscated or swindled his money.

He is in debt to Russian and Swiss Banks to finance the redshirt movement and the protests despite calling on them for donations.

Lydia wants to go back to Thailand cos the Dubai sun makes her black and the Arab sheiks think shes the maid. Pojoman's faction is at the trough and keeping most of the spoils

and are gaining control over the clone Yingluck, Thaksin keep sending her out of Thailand and out of parliment to keep them apart.

Edited by waza

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK this has probably been said already but couldn't be arsed reading through all the posts

Thaksin says he can visit every country in the world except his own - unless I'm not seeing this right - there is absolutly nothing stopping him from coming to Thailand, what's he on about ?

To Mr Thaksin - please please feel free to jump on the next plane and come home - many are waiting for you, <deleted> is keeping you

• Like 1

If he's forgiven everyone why doesn't he drop all the defamation suits he's filed, demanding billions in damages?

Sometimes the law is baffling,the plaintiff(Thaksin), can sue and never attend the court hearing, merely send his lawyer instead, whilst the defendant has to turn up at every hearing which may be hundreds of kilometres from his home.

But when the defendant(Thaksin)is absent, The State Prosecutor cannot proceed until he returns!

OK this has probably been said already but couldn't be arsed reading through all the posts

Thaksin says he can visit every country in the world except his own - unless I'm not seeing this right - there is absolutly nothing stopping him from coming to Thailand, what's he on about ?

To Mr Thaksin - please please feel free to jump on the next plane and come home - many are waiting for you, <deleted> is keeping you

From his Facebook page, the answer might be that he's developed a real fondness for the Middle Eastern dining of scarfing on a whole goat carcass (at least I think it's a goat unsure.png ) and that's a delicacy that's difficult to come by in Thailand.

goatmaybe.jpg

Edited by Buchholz

From his Facebook page, the answer might be that he's developed a real fondness for the Middle Eastern dining of scarfing on a whole goat carcass (at least I think it's a goat unsure.png ) and that's a delicacy that's difficult to come by in Thailand.

goatmaybe.jpg

"The buck stops here."

"I wish I had a spine too."

"I'm just a scapegoat for the elites."

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

He forget to mention America OCCUPIED Japan after the military victory for seven years. There is NO comparison to the Japan America relationship and Thailand's Thaksin problem.

Similarly ridiculous is his other comment from the Post #136 article.

Thaksin said South Africa's Nelson Mandala served as an inspiration for him.

rolleyes.gif

"served as an inspiration"

By serving his time in prison, perhaps ? laugh.png

If only ...

goatmaybe.jpg

He looks like he is enjoying every bite.

The look on his face is very much along the lines of "How the hell did I end up here?"

If PTP really had a majority they would be eager to hold a national referendum. If they didn't they would find all sorts of excuses ("too expensive") for not doing it.

Royal decree needed ahead of public referendum on constitution change

BANGKOK, 20 July 2012 (NNT) The Election Commission of Thailand (ECT) has indicated that a royal decree for public referendum on constitution amendment is needed 90-120 days before the referendum can actually take place.

Election Commissioner Sodsri Sattayatham has revealed that if the government decides to go ahead with the public referendum on constitution amendment on the Article 309, a royal decree is needed 90-120 days ahead of the poll.

She said this period will allow people from different sides to prepare and express their opinions. If the referendum is to take place, she added, the ECT will have to prepare voting ballots and need around 5 billion baht budget.

She cited that the public referendum law stated that more than half of the eligible voters must cast their ballots for the result to be valid.

Ms Sodsri explained that the vote may be conducted twice; the first to ask whether the people want the constitution amendment or not, and the second to seek approval of the draft constitution.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-07-20 footer_n.gif

She cited that the public referendum law stated that more than half of the eligible voters must cast their ballots for the result to be valid.

'eligible voters'. I see a renewed chance for posters to play the 43-48-53% number game again.

BTW for the 2011 General Elections the registered electorate was 46,904,823. This may or may not be equivalent with 'eligible voters'. Valid or invalid votes are a different kettle of fish altogether of course :-)

goatmaybe.jpg

he doesn´t look to happy.whistling.gif

goatmaybe.jpg

I bet the goat wasn't best pleased either.

• Like 1

goatmaybe.jpg

I bet the goat wasn't best pleased either.

He looks like somebody has really got his goat.

ermm.gif

He looks like somebody has really got his goat.

ermm.gif

Hey, look at the bright side. I appears that Mr. Thaksin is integrating very well into life in his new country!

Has Lydia got herself a burqua, or sticking to bar-girl chic?

• 2 months later...

This guy is the sole reason for the current political climate in Thailand. And reconciiliation is for his benefit only. The man is a coward. If he cares about Thais and Thailand then he needs to do one of 2 things. Shut up or come home and go directly to jail. Then I am sure we can all move forward.

He j is definitely not the soul reason. The whole story has been raked over 100 times, but wimpy and swayable courts are the biggest problem this country has.

Did the girl in the civic get her judgment yet? Does thaksins maid still own those shares.

expedient judgments not clearly in line with the law are the problem.

Agree, the lack of respect for the law and the lack of credibility (honesty and fair process for all ) of some courts is part of the problem, but that doesn't change the fact that one man took the lack of respect for the courts and a lot more to new heights and he is the straw that broke the camels back.

Is he was sincere about all his claims about democracy, respect for the law, equal justice for all etc., why is he totally silent?

• Like 1

He has within the last two days had a warrant issued for his arrest because he was the only person out of 26 defendants to fail to appear at court! I am sure he is accumulating quite a few arrest warrants? He is not only totally narcissistic, he is living in a world of his own, not giving any long term thought to the possible consequences of his proposed actions.

If he does manage to 'swing' an amnesty, does he and those behind the scenes 'pulling the strings' honestly believe that others in a similar position will not want to jump on the amnesty bandwagon?

The man is a total joke he has over the years managed to hoodwink his fellow countrymen, when he was in Thailand he was a big fish in a relatively small pond, now he is in a bigger pond and finding out that he is now not such a big fish and he does not like it, and he want's back asap.

From his Facebook page, the answer might be that he's developed a real fondness for the Middle Eastern dining of scarfing on a whole goat carcass (at least I think it's a goat ) and that's a delicacy that's difficult to come by in Thailand.

goatmaybe.jpg

he doesn´t look to happy.

The thing is that he could probably 'buy out' several times over all those sitting at the table, but it probably means nothing to them, and he is treated like many foreigners are treated in his home country, 'We want your money but we really do not care if you are here or not' and he don't like it............tongue.png

goatmaybe.jpg

"The buck stops here."

ermm.gif

it takes balls to eat a curried goat in a white jacket..........

• Like 2

From his Facebook page, the answer might be that he's developed a real fondness for the Middle Eastern dining of scarfing on a whole goat carcass (at least I think it's a goat ) and that's a delicacy that's difficult to come by in Thailand.

(link to photo removed)

"The buck stops here."

it takes balls to eat a curried goat in a white jacket..........

Dress shirt, not a jacket. The jacket is for hiding any spots later biggrin.png

goatmaybe.jpg

he doesn´t look to happy.

He certainly doesn't and it seem hurling is a rapidly-approaching event.

Makes one wonder why he would publicly publish it himself? :blink:....

(perhaps it was done by a passive-aggressive staffer who convinced him it was a good photo).

:D:lol:

Edited by Buchholz