Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

This can be considered as perhaps one of the greatest psychedelic songs of the '60s.  Unknownst to many about halfway thru the song they play the Little Drummer Boy riff.

A few more great songs from the Chambers Bros.

• Like 1

Here's a song that in my early youth first got me to thinking about being on a tropical, paradisiacal island.  Well, Thailand isn't an island (though it has plenty of them) but I guess I can say the tropical, paradisiacal part played out.

That entire album was magical.  The link takes you to it and I recommend playing the whole LP.

And a few more favorites from Leon.

And playing with Joe Cocker . . . Joe Cocker was an absolutely fantastic performer.

And from the Concert for Bangladesh . . . 

• Like 1

Amazing how much live Fleetwood Mac material is available these days.  I remember feeling fortunate when I bought the 3-CD release of Fleetwood Mac at the Boston Tea Party many, many years ago.  Lots of previously unreleased material available on YT as well.

An excellent solo performance from Danny Kirwan which can be appreciated despite this being an audience recording.

Going back to '69 I'd like to present a somewhat obscure artist, Terry Reid.  When Jimmy Page left the Yardbirds he asked Reid to fill the vocalist spot in his new band, Led Zeppelin.  Reid declined and recommended both Robert Plant of Band of Joy and their drummer, John Bonham.  He was also asked to replace the departed Ron Evans from Deep Purple in '69, which he also declined.  Needless to say he had great vocals.

I cannot find individual tracks from his 2nd release, self-tilted Terry Reid, but no matter . . . this is an all-around great album.  My brother had bought this upon it's release.  I listen to it to this day.  May Fly is one of the songs included on my "pretty" songs playlist.

[/url]  

Terry Reid played in my local town hall in 1968, he was with Peter Jay's Jaywalkers, Terry was a great guitarist then, the minor hit they had then was The Hand Don't Fit The Glove, still not a bad listen.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1