Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

Off topic but hey, y'all.  Keep those hearts a-comin'!!  Don't know if it's true but I "heard it through the grapevine" that if you get 1,000 of them you can redeem them for a free box of Dunkin' Donuts or 1/2 a chicken with fries and a soda at KFC.  Mods, can you confirm?  :biggrin:

As amazing as the Kinks were I always felt they were somewhat in the shadows.  Ray Davies wrote classic lyrics.  Sunny Afternoon from 1966's Face To Face LP, A Well Respected Man from 1965's Kinkdom album, and the title tune from 1971's Muswell Hillbillies.  I had the good fortune to see them live in Chicago back in '74.

• Like 1

Too funny and true, bannork.  For me it was Herman's Hermits "'enery the Eight I Am."  The song reached mass popularity when our family took a two week holiday out west.  Me and my siblings sang that song over and over and over again on the long drive out.  I remember, too, that I OD'ed on Kaptain Krunch cereal during that trip.  My mom knew we liked it so that was the only cereal she packed for us.  Couldn't eat it anymore once we got back home.

Made in Japan featured heavily in my musical upbringing and this track in particular caused me to turn the volume up !!, even with the volume at “ 11 “ it was not enough, although my dear old mum was of a different opinion as she screamed “ turn it down ! “ up the stairs .
Thinking about it now , even Gillan would have applauded my mum’s vocal range !!

Deep Purple - Child in Time ( 1970 )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Made in Japan featured heavily in my musical upbringing and this track in particular caused me to turn the volume up !!, even with the volume at “ 11 “ it was not enough, although my dear old mum was of a different opinion as she screamed “ turn it down ! “ up the stairs .
Thinking about it now , even Gillan would have applauded my mum’s vocal range !!

Deep Purple - Child in Time ( 1970 )

Very nice live version.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1