Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

3 hours ago, bannork said:

I remember this one from the Wheels of Fire album...and fantasies of my high school english teacher dancing naked in front of me to the music...she was dark, slender and quite attractive...'you seem to make reference to 'the sirens' often in yer work, tutsi...' 'well, you know, they keep me awake at night' when what was really keeping me awake were images of licking her naked abdomen and pubic area with engorged pudenda...

tutsi's high school sweetheart: 'admit that you've got eyes for the english teacher...' 'what am I supposed to do? she's on display at the front of the classroom!' and etc...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Haha 1

Notice Wolfman Jack at start, he had station in Mexico as one of the "border blasters"in 60's. In the U.S. radio stations are limited to  50,000 whats. The X  border blaster stations were at 250,000 watts and upset many stations stateside.Played mostly late 50,s to early 60,s (essentially the same music) 

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1

Needles and Pins - the original by Jackie DeShannon 

The Searchers turned into a number 1  

Then Ramones came along in 1978 and decided to make a completely different cover. 

Finally Smokie showed the world how it should be done. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Another from Smokie !!
( the only decent thing to come out of Bradford, except for Kiki Dee and me of course ! )

Smokie would never be that big in the 70's if it wasnt for Mike Chapman who wrote all their hits. Pre-Smokie they failed until Chapman , who also wrote the biggest hits for The Sweet and Suzi Quatro, decided to take them under his wings.

But they know how to perform , that's for sure, and still going strong today.

Smokie would never be that big in the 70's if it wasnt for Mike Chapman who wrote all their hits. Pre-Smokie they failed until Chapman , who also wrote the biggest hits for The Sweet and Suzi Quatro, decided to take them under his wings.

But they know how to perform , that's for sure, and still going strong today.

Yes, they were lucky to have Chapman ( and Chinn ) take care of them and put them on the road to stardom !!

But, they were good looking lads and the singer had a distinctive voice so maybe they could have done alright.

“Lying in the arms of Alice” was a huge success for them, but here’s one of their not so great successes ( for obvious reasons !! )

The video didn’t help much [emoji23]

• Haha 1

Just that picture of terraced houses brings me out in a cold sweat, and the picture was taken on a sunny day! 

I've tried describing the windy, desolate and grimy streets of Hull back in the 60s and early 70s to my missus but she can't relly grasp it. Like the cold. 

Mick Ronson came from Hull.

• Like 2

Just that picture of terraced houses brings me out in a cold sweat, and the picture was taken on a sunny day! 
I've tried describing the windy, desolate and grimy streets of Hull back in the 60s and early 70s to my missus but she can't relly grasp it. Like the cold. 
Mick Ronson came from Hull.

Have you seen Beside Bowie : The Mick Ronson Story ?

If not give it a look see .