Prolific Posters : Who Are They And Why ?

philw

Why do some people make 15-20 posts a day, across several threads, but always denigrating something ( generally the government ) and seemingly with some sort of agenda ??

What motivates those ( relatively few ) posters, who seem glued to their computers and immediately respond to another persons view, usually with negativity or scorn?

Why would a person spend 10 hours a day on TV ?

Always looking for an angle or axe to grind.

Just curious and appreciate your opinions.

( grinding angles was once a popular Celtic pastime. )

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

philw, some of us work behind computers during the day and have time to post during work.

Yeap it kills the time and provides a source of amusement, when I am not a work, I dont even look at TV, never mind post...

Edited by Soutpeel

Nor I the 2nd

Good to see you here samran ... now what have I proved exactly, please someone explain ?

Shouldn't you be on the farming thread?

Unlike yours ... my lease has been extended to an 'access all areas pass'

Do you have a 'no go' zone?

Nor I the 2nd

Good to see you here samran ... now what have I proved exactly, please someone explain ?

The Phuket forum gets a bit rough but i like to pop my head in.

Some, not all are the only farang in the village and are bored with the local conversations, with humour being lost on the locals, therefore they seek mental stimulation of any kind on here.

I can relate to this..... +1 .........Last time I had a face to face English conversation was 3 months ago and prior to that 9 months.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

I took notice of one poster and within one week over 200 posts. That is about 30 a day.

Don't know, what is most pathetic, the poster with 200 posts a week or the guy counting the number of posts ?ermm.gif

cheesy.gif , l heard somebody stole his scrabble board. cheesy.gif
  • Like 1

And also many of us have tablets and phones that enable us to communicate on the internet whenever we have a few spare moments, no matter where we are or what we are really doing. And as CCC already stated, we village people have little other chance to interact with native English speakers.

I'm really watching a movie called 'The Dinosaur Project' but ducked out for a moment to make tea and check my emails.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Nor I the 2nd

The Phuket forum gets a bit rough but i like to pop my head in.

cheesy.gif ... subtle ... very subtle.

And also many of us have tablets and phones that enable us to communicate on the internet whenever we have a few spare moments, no matter where we are or what we are really doing. And as CCC already stated, we village people have little other chance to interact with native English speakers.

I'm really watching a movie called 'The Dinosaur Project' but ducked out for a moment to make tea and check my emails.

OP thinks your naughty. sad.png

I took notice of one poster and within one week over 200 posts. That is about 30 a day.

Don't know, what is most pathetic, the poster with 200 posts a week or the guy counting the number of posts ?ermm.gif

I like the posters counting the number of likes .

• Like 2

I moved to Thailand just so I could be more active n Thai Visa. thumbsup.gif

Oh, air card eh. bah.gif .............................smile.png

Well I also read how unique Thai 3G was, that I thought I had to try it out for my self.

I can confirm it really is that bad......

• Like 1