Forum Top Five "pet Hates". What're Yours?

KarenBravo

1. People slagging off Teachers living here. Granted, there are some teachers who work here who have given us a bad name but I'd rather see teachers here then s_x tourists and rich foreign playboys. I think some folk are just jealous that some younger guys get to live here.

2. When westerners act like yobs out here, thinking they are "it!". Seen it on the Skytrain too; men learing over the office girls, talking loudly in groups about the girls they met last night. Guys, it's embarrassing, show some respect. And also, if you're going to speak on the phone on a skytrain, we don't care about your business deals, so no need for us all to hear.

3. People who think Thais are holier than thou or who try to act too Thai. While it gets my goat up, when people slag off the locals, I think it's justified when people have seen or experienced corruption or being ripped off. And when you get people sticking up for these pathetic animals, "oh they only get paid 7000 baht a month blah blah blah" it's 'farang thainess' gone mad! Same with people trying to prove their Thainess, saying that we shouldn't laugh at Lakorn stories and acting or that we musn't say that Thai comedy is about as funny as a damp squid. They're both terrible and you know it.

4. Westerners who act like they are god's gift out here. Saw some guy in a bar next to Brew in Thong Lor the other day, that was acting like he was Brad Pitt, trying to eye up all the ladies, putting his arms around all the girls that walked by him (even though his GF was sat next to him) and running up to the big mirror doing his hair. You could tell what all the other blokes were thinking.

5. People who have to show off their Thai Language skills and belittle people who don't speak as well as they do. Some find learning a language far more difficult than others. You don't get Thais bullying others other how great their English is; but you see many farang do that on here. "Hey look at me, my Thai is great and I don't sound too loud and annoying, honest!"

And, a pet hate or two when it comes to "some" Thais - PLEASE stop walking so slowly, then suddenly stop, looking all bewildered as the farang behind you suddenly crashes into you. Also, to bars, restaurants and clubs, we don't want to hear that "flavour of the month" song you all like, TEN times in one night ALL year (have never forgotten how they played Flo-Rida's Low song to death!). So, get it in your head, that us westerners do not find that annoying fat Korean guy's song that gets played everywhere, in the least funny or good; stop it!

Edited by Hawkman

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xx) The board announces a party and the only ones who sign up for the free drinks are those with a post count of less than 2.

Amusing. My own post count may not be very high, but I guess my member number and join date would possibly make up for it

wink.png

people who think post count is any indication of quality -- and people who use the term newbie.

Spot on!

And, a pet hate or two when it comes to "some" Thais - PLEASE stop walking so slowly, then suddenly stop, looking all bewildered as the farang behind you suddenly crashes into you.

Big +1 to this....happens every day,not just due to walking slowly and suddenly stopping - but also because they are glued to their Galaxy/iPhone.....

• Like 1

And, a pet hate or two when it comes to "some" Thais - PLEASE stop walking so slowly, then suddenly stop, looking all bewildered as the farang behind you suddenly crashes into you.

Big +1 to this....happens every day,not just due to walking slowly and suddenly stopping - but also because they are glued to their Galaxy/iPhone.....

Happened to me the other day at some Thai food place. I was walking along the very narrow corridor between the food stores and the seating area and I was actually walking at Thai pace. Then one of the fat lady cooks who was standing at the counter, suddenly turned with 2 plates in her hands and I walked into her. Luckily, they didn't fall, but I was the one who got the angry abuse in front of all the Thais, when it was HER that should have looked first, before suddenly spinning around with 2 hot plates knowing that is where people will be walking.

...you have apprehension problems. I implied nothing of the sort. Also, there is a difference between hitting the wrong key and ones spelling ability.

I'm a bit apprehensive I'm going to get a lot of stick for suggesting that you meant 'comprehension'.

SC

I'm a bit apprehensive I'm going to get a lot of stick for suggesting that you meant 'comprehension'.

SC

Its entirely comprehensible why you are a bit apprehensive - to think otherwise would be utterly reprehensible!

Ah! Someone sensible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Gj8earX_w

SC

Mullet wearing Douche Bags, ugly as a pigs ass, stupid as a bag of hammers, that tell me "even guys like me" can get laid in Pattya, assuming that a well dressed, well taken care of nice guy can't get a date because of a bald head.

Some more respect should be given to hammers. If they can't fix the problem, then it is probably electrical.................thumbsup.gif

"stupid as a bag of hammers"

Mullet wearing Douche Bags, ugly as a pigs ass, stupid as a bag of hammers, that tell me "even guys like me" can get laid in Pattya, assuming that a well dressed, well taken care of nice guy can't get a date because of a bald head.

Some more respect should be given to hammers. If they can't fix the problem, then it is probably electrical.................thumbsup.gif

"stupid as a bag of hammers"

Careful...your post might get relegated too!

'tI don't like fat Korean singers who can't speak Turkish and don't have pets!

1. Fools who litter their ill-structrured paragraphs with archaic Russian proverbs.

2. Clowns who affect a kind of faux Shakespearian diction.

3. Idiots who try to spice up their content with obscure Bulgarian metaphors.

4. Turds who make gratuitous use of French accents.

5. Wimps who believe that using Panamanian non-sequiturs will make them more "popular".

Edited by ThailandMysteries

SC

Its entirely comprehensible why you are a bit apprehensive - to think otherwise would be utterly reprehensible!

SC

Hence the verse in the song by Nat King Cole:

" That's why something apprehensible,

looks like something comprehensible,

when it's really reprehensible too"

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible

I'm afraid you'll have to find the clip yourself, as I can't download in the office...

SC

Only just got back from Yangon - bit harder to find obscure 'Journey to the West' adaptations there.....here we go.....

(the intro at the start still has me laughing hysterically after all these years - and if only I could call a cloud-mobile like that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQEYmRnM9-U&feature=related

1. Fools who litter their ill-structrured paragraphs with archaic Russian proverbs.

5. Wimps who believe that using Panamanian non-sequiturs will make them more "popular".

Eh unsure.png , you lost me with that lot. Reminds me of the LSD days. laugh.png

1)Anyone who believes that using Panamanian garden secateurs will make them more popular!